lol, this has to be asked (nother vs)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

lol, this has to be asked (nother vs)

Post by Enforcer Talen »

this site is empire vs federation. wong has thoroughly proven that they would win. so in one of the topics, it's said mon cal could do it. so I posted a topic asking that, and for the most part people agree with that.

in that topic, someone said a dozen bwings could do it.

so the question now is.

how much damage could 12 bwings due to the federation? they certainly couldn't outright conquer, but they could do a lot of raiding. . .
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

12 B-wings could take out one E-E, IMO. But not much else.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

B-Wings loose. There wont be a problem for Starfleet in this scenario.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

B-Wings loose. There wont be a problem for Starfleet in this scenario.
You seem to be very confident. B-Wings are relatively heavy armed for starfighters, and with their missiles they're able to take on any capship SF has to field. Of course, they'd be doomed against a fleet....
But they could do severe damage with ambushs.
Supermod
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I think the B-wings would only be able to go after minor colonies because going after any major planets (homeworlds or homesystems) would results in the planetary defense fleets or planetary defense's taking a chuck out ofthe B-wings.

What are the sensors like on B-Wings? because if they are like those of an X-Wing navigation may be a problem also fuel seems to be a problem for long engagements in real space.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

TheDarkling wrote:I think the B-wings would only be able to go after minor colonies because going after any major planets (homeworlds or homesystems) would results in the planetary defense fleets or planetary defense's taking a chuck out ofthe B-wings.

What are the sensors like on B-Wings? because if they are like those of an X-Wing navigation may be a problem also fuel seems to be a problem for long engagements in real space.
I guess they'd probably focus on single starships or an undefended starbase exclusively. Also they are somewhat more independant than X-Wings with more fuel and better sensors, still they need a base of operations.
Supermod
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Do they have unlimited fuel/missles?
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Hmm, I'd say regarding the mission objective 'do as much damaga as possible' they don't have unlimited resources.
Supermod
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Raider or pirate role, nothing more, of course they will need some kind of support to carry off the goodies, but hey.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Let's see...

Their ion cannons are very powerful, and have a decent range. Smaller Fed ships will experience total systems failure, where as the big boys(Galaxy, Sovereign, etc) only suffer minor feedback to weapon systems and consoles.

Their autoblasters appear to be like Fett's. Sustained fire will drop a Fed ship's shields.

Their main laser gun is nasty. I don't know if it'd drop a Fed ship's shields, but if it hit an unshielded ship, it'd hurt.

And they have a buttload of P-torps, with their 200MT yields in a 2 degree arc.

Poor Feddies.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Perinquus
Virus-X Wannabe

Post by Perinquus »

If I were the B-Wing pilots though, I wouldn't throw my life away fighting against unbelievable odds. I'd hire on as a mercenary against the Borg or the Dominion.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

They have a very limited supply of ammunition and fuel. They may be armed like mini-capships, but they are still fighters.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

B-Wings have no ability to take and hold territory, and no ability to capture large targets. Depending on their objectives, they could probably either eliminate a Federation task force, or destroy an important system with their torpedoes, but they would eventually be defeated after the Federation had time to marshal its forces.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

The B-Wings could take out a small capship fleet, but they couldn't hold the territory. The would either be destroyed or run out of fuel. Some SW ships can take over many colonies and destroy fleets, but don't have the troops to keep them.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Send several B-wings (say, a flight) to rampage at different ends of Federation space. The rest hype to Earth and take it out while Starfleet sends ships to deal with the B-wings. Seeing as the Feddies only take up a portion of one quadrant, I think the B-wings have enough fuel for this.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

the B-wings can putting in a campigan of hit and run should be able to total individual starships, but they still need fuel and ammo, and the pilots still need a base of operations.

In the end the federation overwhelms them with numbers.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Re: lol, this has to be asked (nother vs)

Post by Cal Wright »

Enforcer Talen wrote:this site is empire vs federation. wong has thoroughly proven that they would win. so in one of the topics, it's said mon cal could do it. so I posted a topic asking that, and for the most part people agree with that.

in that topic, someone said a dozen bwings could do it.

so the question now is.

how much damage could 12 bwings due to the federation? they certainly couldn't outright conquer, but they could do a lot of raiding. . .
Damn straight they could do it. If I put in the unlimited ammo code, yeah baby yeah!!!

All they have to do is find the Enterprise and kicks it's ass from one side of the solar system to the other (ya know, Trek is so slow, don't want to get them out to far.) Then within an hour make the jump to lightspeed and hit Voyager's sorry ass. Woo hoo. 70,000 ly in 70 years, wasn't that the quote. Heh. Wars has that beat, and that's just a grocery run. Munch on those apples delivery boy!!!

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am