Segway

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Segway may be fun to try out but why would anyone want to shell out 5k for it?
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
XPViking
Jedi Knight

Post by XPViking »

They just ran a news clip on TechTV. Dean Kane wants to sell a "military" version of the Segway? WTF?????????? - TrailerParkJawa
I sense a photoshop job in the near future...

-----
<Klaxon alarm blaring>

Sarge: Okay, ladies. The enemy is closing in. Mount up!

<Sarge gets on Military-grade Segway and zooms off>

Private One: Yeeehaww! <follows Sarge>

Private Two: What kind of chickenshit outfit is this???
-----

XPViking
8)
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might if they screamed all the time for no good reason.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Umm, for what? The only possible half-use I can think of would be MP and guard duties.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Howedar wrote:Umm, for what? The only possible half-use I can think of would be MP and guard duties.
I went over the Segway website and took a quick look at the forums. Some people are thinking they can be used for SpecOps. :roll:

Assuming they could, would you rather take 83 pounds of Segway or 83 pounds of food, radios, ammo, water, etc.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

An idea to use Segway type things for mounting machine guns and such came to me the other day. Put the gun up where the handles are, carry extra ammo down below that. Put some cameras on it and make it remote controlled.

Only be useful in a few situations...
「かかっ―」
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

XaLEv wrote:An idea to use Segway type things for mounting machine guns and such came to me the other day. Put the gun up where the handles are, carry extra ammo down below that. Put some cameras on it and make it remote controlled.

Only be useful in a few situations...
I don't think the gyro's are upto the speed of the recoil, plus you'd never be able to take cover (even mounting a ballistic shield won't help you against grenades). That is definitely a non-starter.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:
Howedar wrote:Umm, for what? The only possible half-use I can think of would be MP and guard duties.
I went over the Segway website and took a quick look at the forums. Some people are thinking they can be used for SpecOps. :roll:

Assuming they could, would you rather take 83 pounds of Segway or 83 pounds of food, radios, ammo, water, etc.
I will not burden you all with all of the giant fonts, bolding, italicizing, flashy colors, and irritating MIDIs necessary for me to express just how fucking dumb that is.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

3rd Impact wrote:Wasn't this the thing that was touted as 'a device that would change the world', or am I thinking of something else?
That's pretty much anything nowadays.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin