SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Re: SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Post by OmegaChief »

The Capellans would probably take it all in thier stride and not be wierded out by it in the slightest (Which is in and of itself weird).

Though this begs the question, if other brave heroes attempted to join the crew of the Far-Go, would they gain physics defying properties while aboard? Or would they die of vacuum exposure?

The answer is, whichever is funnier I presume.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

See, foolish, unbelieving galaxy? We told you that your science was at best over-complicated, and here at last Athena Of Plots and Rhetorical Devices has given us proof! Should these astrogonautical wanderers come to the hallowed orbitals of Delphi, or the Thousand Moons of Athens, or Lacedaimon's parade grounds that cover cities, they shall be welcomed as befits their status and shall be guest-friends of the Hellenes ever more. Zeus Who Punishes Unfriendliness With Plagues demands it!

Related note - did I get 'barbalien' from you, Simon, or was it parallel punning?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Could be either way; I've used the word before.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

And now reintroducing our favorite failboat with its failcrew! Ta-da! :)
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Two things real quick:

One: I am nearly done with my first story post. Should be up tomorrow (or maybe even today if I get lucky).

Second: Back at the end of page 4, Shinn talked about a collaborative post for the signing of the Anti-Centintern Pact. Zor's attempt to join said pact reminded me of that post...now that I've got Google-Doc's figured out are we still doing that? Just wanting to make sure.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

I'm still up for that yea! Also the potential Arcadian/Authority contact post too.

I'm working on my first story post between other things right now, that should kick of my first couple of plots in the next week or so too!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Got the post up. I figured I'd go for something more comedy related this time...hopefully it worked. But there is a little hidden gem there...I haven't used the 500 GDP I got from that Trade Route from Zor yet...the reason is that there is 500 points of Furling ships missing from thier height of power. Along with other planets that may or may not contain lost riches of an ancient empire. :wink:
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Good, good. Glad to see this.

A word of advice- putting Space on the front of everything is like training wheels for your art. ;) I find it more of a challenge to make the context fit together without explicitly saying "it's X, only in space." For example, we could look for Britannians from some inane micronation in the Anime Stars down around Haruhiist space (I don't know if that even makes sense anime-wise, but who cares?) And "spacebergs-" need they be physical objects? What about horrible drive conditions, hyper-dimensional whatsits, and so on?

Flex that imagination, and soon you'll be using it to break rocks and trees, like unto the high-number-dan masters of imagine-fu that make these games their best.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah...its easy to tell I'm still new at this. Even my fanfics tend to lean towards the serious side. Give it some time to flex my creative muscles though and I'll think up better things. As for the 'spaceberg', it was more to fit the Titanic motif I was going for there.
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Technically, a spaceberg is an asteroid :D
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Oh shut up you! :P

Besides, spaceberg fit better than asteroid. It was meant to be a Titanic spoof darn it!

(PS, I'm being sarcastic...never can tell on the internet :D )
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Simon_Jester wrote:For example, we could look for Britannians from some inane micronation in the Anime Stars down around Haruhiist space (I don't know if that even makes sense anime-wise, but who cares?)
It makes far more sense than you know. However, the Britannians were among the first to fall to Haruhi's forces.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Hey Shinn, while you're on...are we still going to do the signing of the Anti-Cenintern Pact? Just want to make sure.

EDIT: And funnily enough, I was going to mention Code Geass eventually for the Space Brit thing...just forgot about it...
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Hey Shinn, while you're on...are we still going to do the signing of the Anti-Cenintern Pact? Just want to make sure.
Yeah, but now is a very bad time for me to actually get around to in-game business. The less said about my current circumstances, the better.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Fair enough, I was just curious.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Inspired by actual conversation between me and Simon_J ontop of the U of MD's parking garage. :mrgreen:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

You guys are in Maryland, too? I know exactly how you feel. :)
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I was too busy mowing to look at Venus even if I could see it from Missouri...*grumbles*
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Oh, where in Missouri? I grew up in St. Louis.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Joplin, which if it weren't for the tornado no one would know existed. :P

Seriously though, the Ozarks aren't that bad a place to live, you're just in the middle of nowhere...
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Shepistan: Where not only is a problem unresolveable with nukes not worth solving, but suggesting a problem can't be resolved with nukes is grounds for being committed.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Simon, couldn't you get some supermod to de-sticky the season 4 stuff and sticky up the season 5 stuff?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'd had that mentioned to me. I'll pester someone about it tomorrow or something. It hadn't seemed very urgent, but it's a good idea.

By custom we don't sticky all the SDNW threads; the normal threads are allowed to drift to the bottom, especially the discussion threads because we can go through one of those in like a couple of months.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Phew, finished off my last Prologue post, now to focus on the main story ones!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Man, if that is how the Capellans train, people should be worried about getting on their bad sides. Good thing I don't have to worry about that...right?