Boarding

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

oberon
Padawan Learner

Boarding

Post by oberon »

My cutting ops post seems kinda lopsided, but things like this are within the reach of any able-bodied people. It's just that it's hard to be balanced when you think that, here on Earth, we won't board someone without the minimal gear of steel-toed boots, hearing protection, flak jacket, helmet, gasmask, lifejacket, shotguns and assault rifles, nightsticks, and handcuffs; yet on ST, they regularly head into harm's way in a very hostile environment with no protective gear, and their prisoner-handling equipment consists of an active forcefield over an open cell door!

So...

Suppose a boarding party of sailors finds itself in charge of securing a fully-crewed late-model Enterprise, and starts in an airlock somewhere in the dregs, and suppose a (relatively well-equipped) feddie away team finds itself on the weatherdeck of, say, the USS Nimitz, with a like mission. Who gets whom?

M
What a world, what a world! Who would have thought that a little girl could destroy my wickedness?
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Fed redshirts roasted by Tomcat exhaust, another one runs, and manages to get his head clipped ott by another landing Aircraft.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Let's see...

US boarding party goes in with body armor and MP5s (or M16s, if you're so inclined). Boarding party rapidly advances through ST ship, viciously murdering all redshirts in their way, but is eventually knocked out by anti-intruder gas.

VERDICT: US boarding party ends up in stupid jail cell

Trekkie boarding party starts in some deserted quadrant of the vessel. They proceed to STUN (LOB syndrome prevents Starfleet from killing anyone lower-tech than them) sailors they encounter, but eventually the bridge realises something is wrong and sends aforementioned armored and armed marines after the redshirts. Redshirts are wiped out in an brief but very vicious firefight, and their corpses are heaved into the ocean.

VERDICT: Trekkies get smacked down by the overwhelming power of automatic weaponry.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kazuaki Shimazaki »

I think there's a possibility the Marines are in NBC gear, you know :D
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

However REAL Saliors and by indication Pirates tear a bloody swath through the Red-shirts, Yelling and umm looting and yelling Pirate phrase for all thier worth ending up with a Klingon VS the Pirate Captian fight on the Bridge and in the end the Red-shirts join with the Pirates and from there take over the entire Federation! :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

USMC team slaughters everyone on the ship. Boarding parties always take masks, and det cord>force field.

The Federation away team would be hard pressed to open dogged hatches, and would certainly fall down every ladder and stairway they came to. The ships Marine platoon won't even be needed. Within twenty minutes every red shirt will have broken his ankle.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

THe closet thing to a far fight the feds can get into outside their own universe is against Movie Starship troopers or ingame Marines from Starcraft, and even those wouldn't entirely be far since both have bodyarmor...
Imperial Federation
Youngling

Post by Imperial Federation »

Ah, good old Federation. The only people in the universe to send their fighting troops down in pyjamas.
All members of the Imperial Redshirt Troopers are expected to die horribly for their Empire!
Go, and get killed in the most pointless way imaginable!
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

THe Yosemite Bear wrote:Fed redshirts roasted by Tomcat exhaust, another one runs, and manages to get his head clipped ott by another landing Aircraft.
Don't forget the guy getting launched from the flight deck by Tomcat exhaust (nearly happened to me and it was only on idle).

I would imagine some red shirts would also get wasted by the arresting wires snapping back.

After noticing that the Feds are using beam weapons the flight deck wash down system could be activated so the red shirts would have to try shooting phasers through 4 acres of foamy water.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Sea Skimmer wrote:USMC team slaughters everyone on the ship. Boarding parties always take masks, and det cord>force field.

The Federation away team would be hard pressed to open dogged hatches, and would certainly fall down every ladder and stairway they came to. The ships Marine platoon won't even be needed. Within twenty minutes every red shirt will have broken his ankle.

:lol: Can you inagine them whineing about the knee knockers.
oberon
Padawan Learner

Post by oberon »

*Redshirt trips through an open door, bangs head* "OWWW! How come these rooms are so small? Why do they have to have all this crap in here? What is this junk, anyway?"
What a world, what a world! Who would have thought that a little girl could destroy my wickedness?
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

I would imagine some red shirts would also get wasted by the arresting wires snapping back.
you mean when those massive wires snaps back and rips the feddie in half, slicing and dicing federation redshirts as it flies back and forth.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Feddies get violently seasick and puke all over the deck, then they slip on their own vomit and crack their heads open when they fall. :D
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*Imagines all the vicious things happening to the red shirts* MWAHAHAHA!, oops sorry....I get those destructive homicidal urges sometimes and red shirts work perfectly to take it under control.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Another question: What if Klingons boarded a 20th century naval vessel? Would they got their bat'leths and get slaughtered?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Oh, please. Bat'leths vs. at least semi-automatics. Hmm...I think the Klingons will discover what it's like to wipe the floor with their asses.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

A US marine might experience initial shock at seeing something as revulting as a Klingon, but that revulsion would soon aid US Marines in quickly identifying and neutralizing all enemy forces, regardless of the annoying bellows of the enemy (which would be quite effectively silenced by an accurately placed bullet).

Unlike terrorists or subversives, a Klingon would stick out like a sore thumb, but even so, one of them may heft a blade thingy in the air long enough to create a cool camera shot (provided someone is there to take pictures while they're alive) before they were ingloriously mowed down.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!