SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Post by Simon_Jester »

It's all good as long as we maintain a balance between pirates winning and pirates losing.

Come to think of it, the theft of Sirocco counts as a pretty big "pirates winning," not so?

[wanders off, scratching head]
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I mostly have them as an excuse to have Bees doing Bee things and people reacting. The fact it's pirates is just, well, Bee threat responses are... Bees. So many Bees.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

It's cool.

Unfortunately we're in a lull; I'm not sure if all our normal regulars are watching (White Haven, you there? Shinn? Darkevilme?). And some of the others have been very quiet too (Rabid? Fenreer?)...

bleh.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...I'm still here...

I do see what you mean though...I would hate to see the game be stillborn after all that work going into it. Hopefully its just the board problems making them leery of logging on...
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Some of them are showing up semi-regularly; you can check "last logged on" times in user profiles. But I don't know what they're saying or doing, and sending volleys of PMs to them would feel weird.

Although if you have anything invested in this game, guys, please don't just sit there waiting for nothing to happen. At least comment in OOC so we know you're around and we can actually talk and think and plan with you.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Well, I've been inactive because I made the mistake of planning out a prologue.... but not a "first post." Combined with my general lack of inspiration I've been at a loss for what to write.

That said I'm willing to do a cooperative post or storyline with anyone who would like. Since until I can figure out something I'll be more or less just watching.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I've always been open to cooperative posts with anyone who wants one. Not sure how an Arcadian/Cernan thing would go though.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Simon_Jester wrote:Unfortunately we're in a lull; I'm not sure if all our normal regulars are watching (White Haven, you there? Shinn? Darkevilme?).
Watching, but not really motivated to actually do much about anything in the game due to more pressing concerns in real life.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Sigh. Well, keep in touch and hopefully things will straighten out.

Imperial528, I've got Eleventh Century Remnant's von Neumann machines poking around your coreward border all sneaky-like, because of the way the darts-at-map approach went. While I might change the map, I think this would actually be a great opportunity for you to get involved in the game. Brush up on your stuff and get together with him about it, OK?
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

First story post up! Lacks shooting or even music, but a little peek inside.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

While I'm working on my stuff here, I'll also put out that I'm always up for a bit of collaberative fiction with whoever, and when I do get this first story post finished there'll be a lot of room and encouragment for them too!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Angry turks or some such? On MY border?
Oh my..
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

I think the Klavostanis and I shall get along swimmingly.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well you've got Space Turks and Space Greeks on either side of you...make them fight each other? Hey, it could work.

(Plus you've got Space Swedes backing you up...not that you really need the help)

EDIT: Ninja'ed...but hey, if Esquire and Klavo can get over the Greek/Turk hatred, then yes, Dark may need the help.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I like the Greco-Turkish rivalry angle. That would be good to play up.
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

To survive the Chamarrans... we must become... Frienemies!
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well, you can be Frienemies and still pull off a Greco-Turkish rivalry...in SPAAACE.

I agree with Simon by the way...that could be truly hilarious.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

We need a Space Cyprus of some sort to add another wrinkle to the rivalry between the Hellenes and the Klavostanis. Depending on how you want to work things, Makay could easily be it.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Particularly if both of us absorbed some Makay refugees - there could be multiple governments-in-exile, all sorts of fun.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Man, that chunk of the map is going to be having some real fun soon. Glad I'm on the opposite side of the map now...

(oh wait, I'm next to the Imperium, and the Grays...I stand corrected...)
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I don't know how much of a problem Zor will be. Depends on whether you keep his interest or not.

Hm. Is there anything I should know about those extra-dimensional entities, D? My PM box is nearly always open.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Speaking of extra-dimensional entites...hmm...I've already lifted the Furlings, why not the Ancients? Nah...that would throw every human history thing out the window now that I think about it...
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Ancients?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Stargate...the big guys who are ascended (aka, Gods in all but name).

EDIT: They also happen to be the source of the Human Race in Stargate, hence throwing history out the window. Though it would be interesting to see the Gray's reaction to that. But they might be a wee bit too powerful for this, considering they absolutley can mess around with stars and other such stellar bodies. Though if they were directly lifted from Stargate they wouldn't interfere.

And that got real long winded there... :|
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I need time to chew that over; remind me about your higher-life-form ideas later.