SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Somewhat random, but I've been watching a lot of Red vs. Blue lately, and its starting to make me want to make an Arcadian version of it. If I did do that, it would be put on the Galactic equivalent to You-tube, so it could become a giant multi-nation thing. For example, the Capellans would probably start doing their own version.

What? I think it could be funny...

(This is what happens when I watch too much funny web-videos... :P )
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Red versus Blue, eh?

White Haven? That's your cue.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Ehehe. Eheheheh. Eeeeeheheheheh. *starts to cackle*

Commodore Sandiego shall fly once more!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Is that something I missed from SDNW4? And should I be worried now?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Yes, not really, and WOO!

EDIT: Good to have this, Klavo. And yes, these are not the only orks in the galaxy. If anyone wants to use orks, they can.

EDIT MK II: Pfft. You Commonwealthers capitalize your ray guns? In Chrome Age Umeria, any proper pulp hero could have built their own, we'd no more capitalize our ray guns than we'd capitalize screwdrivers! Or, for that matter, our financial sector... :D
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Simon_Jester wrote:EDIT MK II: Pfft. You Commonwealthers capitalize your ray guns? In Chrome Age Umeria, any proper pulp hero could have built their own, we'd no more capitalize our ray guns than we'd capitalize screwdrivers! Or, for that matter, our financial sector... :D
If Ray Gun is not capitalized, how does the consumer know if it is a MultiGlobal Highly Generic Ray Pistol and not a, as you cited with heroes of Umerian lore, a simple handcrafted weapon not fit for the mass market or consumption of any kind. It is a service to the consumers of MultiGlobal that reality has bent itself to allow the MutliGlobal Highly Generic Ray Pistol to remain capitalized even when referred to as a Ray Gun.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hmp. Well, it may be more trademarky, and it's probably cheaper, but does it have the atomic disintegrator cell?

Now those? Those take SCIENCE!

I don't consider them to be especially great handheld beam weapons, but the atomic disintegrator ray gun has one really major point of popularity.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

While I try to get my shit together, this simple Halo/Hayate the Combat Butler crossover will have to suffice for the time being. I plan on introducing the other members of Captain Dare's crew later. For a hint as to the direction I plan on taking this, look up who Edward Buck, Taylor Miles, and Michael Crespo are, and pay close attention to the actors who played them.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I must wonder how Nagi takes to being compared to a giant mafia-slug-beast...
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Simon_Jester wrote:I must wonder how Nagi takes to being compared to a giant mafia-slug-beast...
At least Nagi didn't threaten Veronica with a price on her head so big that she wouldn't be able to set foot on any civilized planet. Then again, it's the Holy Empire, where even the gunrunners and drug czarinas are little girls.

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Finally! An appearance by the Philosopher's Kingdom! Now you can finally have some idea of what they're doing aside from being a source of human auxiliaries for the Grays.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Hmm...a plague targeting Grays? Well I can say for sure the Furlings had nothing to do with it. They may hate the Grays (to put it mildly...) for wrecking their Empire, but they equally hate bio-weapons. So yep, nothing that Space Sweden or its Allies did. *whistles innocently*

( :P )

And it is nice to see a slice of life in the Philosopher's Kingdom. Now we just need those dino used spaceship salesmen.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Umerians remain convinced that these guys have the wackiest religion ever.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Shinn, I think i know the reason why the anime girls of the Holy Empire try to equip dangerous rogues who seek to destabilize planets conquered by the Imperium. They have a deep prejudice and fear of Duals despite the fact that their rates of criminality are more or less normal for Imperial Citizens. :P

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2012-07-15 04:58am, edited 2 times in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Zor wrote:Shinn, I think i know the reason why the anime girls of the Holy Empire try to equip dangerous rouges who seek to destabilize planets conquered by the Imperium. They have a deep prejudice and fear of Duals despite the fact that their rates of criminality are more or less normal for Imperial Citizens.
Speaking of reds, I wouldn't be surprised if Communists were a significant part of the Ladan resistance, which I need to revisit sometime.

By the way, the Holy Empire has no special prejudice towards Duals or any other individual species residing in the Unified Imperium. With regards to Duals in particular, look up the term "futanari" (just don't do it at work, for the love of Madoka) and let the implications sink in.

ImageImageImage

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

[modhat on]

Zor? Shinn?

I'm not saying exactly where the line is at the moment, but do remember there is one, it can and shouldn't be crossed, and I know it when I see it.

[modhat off]

Anyway, something here inspires me to do a short post. Something rather innocuous but amusing.

EDIT: Wow, did I write all that in forty-five minutes? Freaky.

EDIT MK II: Some minor tweaks and fixes.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...all that from one spelling error? Wow...and yeah, the VIKINGs thankfully don't go for conquering people. Though they would raid...darn it Simon, now I want to do that post! :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Stupid double post...can a mod remove this?
Last edited by Skywalker_T-65 on 2012-06-24 10:43am, edited 2 times in total.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:...all that from one spelling error? Wow...and yeah, the VIKINGs thankfully don't go for conquering people. Though they would raid...darn it Simon, now I want to do that post! :P
Actually, I deliberately put Krägle very close to your space and Viking space, arguably closer than they are to the Unified Imperium. The real Vikings were very opportunistic and flexible; they'd trade where the local political structure was strong and could defend itself, they'd raid where there was lightly defended wealth to be had, they'd hire on as mercenaries if it seemed like a good idea at the time, and if they ran into a vulnerable political structure they'd try to knock it over and take it for themselves.

See the Kievan Rus for an example of this. Or the entire career of Harald Hardrada, who went from prince to loyal foot-soldier of the established monarch to wandering mercenary back to monarch in his own right, then died trying to conquer England when he scented the same vulnerability William the Conqueror did.

Anyway, go right ahead. You can get a pretty good idea of what I envision the planet being like from reading between the lines, although I'm deliberately vague about a lot of the details of what their chem-mines are and so on. What their armaments are like, how effectively they can defend themselves given that the Autarkh getting blown up will touch off a major faction squabble within their government, while the Coalition for Privacy is deliberately fucking things up... dunno.

I don't even know what the Coalition's long term political goals are. I'm not sure they know, either.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

It should go without saying that, which Clear Thoughts asking isn't unusual, Murderous Rage requesting anything, much less speech, is...odd. :twisted:
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

We'll find someone they want to talk to sooner or later.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

who are the Hegemony? Confused kitties. Confused and perplexed kitties. We'll get around to responding soon though.

As an aside in relation to my last post. Tia Kithandra went to any nation that would let a kitty over the border, though not in any official capacity. however it was known for a few years prior to gamestart that Kara was the chosen heir and so it's not impossible that someone would of wanted to build a rapport with the elder sister of the future queen of the Hierarchy. Therefore in future anyone who wants to write in prior familiarity with her from arranged meetings during her touring may do so.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Bloody hell, Hierarchy. I thought Hierarchy, then thought 'wait, that's the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za' and corrected it. :lol:

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Heh, typo's, got to love them. And Arcadia would have probably been one of those nations that Tia visited. As far as human nations go, we are on remarkably good terms with the kitties.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

MInor bases need not be reflected on the map.

However, might you not be better served by negotiating basing rights with one of these nations for light patrol units? Or with some minor nation somewhere in the gap between the Big Three? Building actual bases can be costly, and may arouse suspicions.