[ST/Culture] Infinite Fun

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

[tight beam, M4, Tra. @ b2.02.066.1737]
x GCU I Wish We Were Civilised (IrritatingGit tendancy)
o LOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendancy)

Yes, you are correct on both counts, I'll fix it next week.
Apparently Culture-speak will become the next l337 speak. Hmmm....
Excellent.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Shinova wrote:Apparently Culture-speak will become the next l337 speak. Hmmm....
Maybe, maybe not... but it is intresting and fun.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

NecronLord wrote:[tight beam, M4, Tra. @ b2.02.066.1737]

Yes, you are correct on both counts, I'll fix it next week.
Apparently Culture-speak will become the next l337 speak. Hmmm....
Excellent.
[tight Beam, m4. tra. @ b0.03.066.1546]
x LOU Signular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendency)
o GCU I Wish We Were Civilised (IrritatingGit tendancy)
Glad to hear it.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

[tight beam ,M2,TRA. b3.o3.067.0129]

xROU Arrival Vengance (Rabbid Monkey Tendencies)
oLOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendencies)

So where are we going to go with this? and I hope I got the Time date stamp right
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Typhonis 1 wrote:[tight beam ,M2,TRA. b3.o3.067.0129]

xROU Arrival Vengance (Rabbid Monkey Tendencies)
oLOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendencies)

So where are we going to go with this? and I hope I got the Time date stamp right
[tight beam, M4, tra @ b0.03.067.0719]
xLOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit Tendency)
oROU Arrival Vengence (Rabid Monkey tendency)

You didn't. The first section wants to be "b0", representing "20". Also, tendency isn't plural, and its simply time stamp. I figure I'lll become some sort of protocol 'Nazi" to use Earth slang if this actually comes about...
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

The GAA Deep Range Attack ship WHY DOES IT HURT drops out of slipstream after listening in on the conversation from Grayza.

bbemt2,6-5,21;nbemt2.5,9;=gt;mlt7,14;ttp14,17,2;;
ts50223.09,000001:

Looks like some people have too much time on their hands...

et%

DRA WHY DOES IT HURT vanishes suddenly with no indications of where it's gone.
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

[tight beam, M16, Tra. @ b0.03.068.1145]

Someone enlighten me what the GAA is and why they think they can fuck with the culture? My friends I think there may be some hunting to do.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

NecronLord wrote:[tight beam, M16, Tra. @ b0.03.068.1145]

Someone enlighten me what the GAA is and why they think they can fuck with the culture? My friends I think there may be some hunting to do.
[tight beam, M16m tra @ b0.03.068.1234]
x LOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendency)
o GCU I Wish We Were Civilised (IrritatingGit tendency)

No idea.

Quite possibly.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Singular Quartet wrote: [tight beam, M16m tra @ b0.03.068.1234]
x LOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendency)
o GCU I Wish We Were Civilised (IrritatingGit tendency)

No idea.

Quite possibly.
[tight beam, M16, Tra. @ b0.03.068.1818]

It seems to be time to prepare the CAM... [attached diaglyph :twisted: ]
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

nbemt2.5,9;=gt;ttp14,17,2;;
ts50223.09.49500:

Never said I could fuck with the culture. Weapons aren't gridfire based, but thats because theres no grid in the GAA universe. And no four-dimensional movement. :p We've just got the ability to shoot you from the other side of the galaxy at such blindingly fast speeds and rates of fire.. GWAHAHAHAHA *cough*

et%

ooc: the Greater Ays Alliance is a small (103 starsystem) empire from my storyverse. lets just say they take the technology they have to its logical extremes, in a good way.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

kojikun wrote:nbemt2.5,9;=gt;ttp14,17,2;;
ts50223.09.49500:

Never said I could fuck with the culture. Weapons aren't gridfire based, but thats because theres no grid in the GAA universe. And no four-dimensional movement. :p We've just got the ability to shoot you from the other side of the galaxy at such blindingly fast speeds and rates of fire.. GWAHAHAHAHA *cough*

et%

ooc: the Greater Ays Alliance is a small (103 starsystem) empire from my storyverse. lets just say they take the technology they have to its logical extremes, in a good way.
[tight beam, M16, tra @ b0.03.068.1402]
xLOU Singular Quartet(Ahforgetit tendency)
oGCU I Wish We Were Civilised(IrritatingGit tendency)
An explantion[Attached transcript] Looks like someone's pet universe coming around and being annoying. Might be heading off to do some weeding. Or I could be the good Culture representative and be nice... descisions, descisions...
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

nbemt2.5,9;=gt;ttp14,17,2;;
ts50223.09.51180:

Pet universes are fun, you know. I liked the fic btw, but you should have the Feddies invaded. Fear, pure terror, is always a good thing. When the federation is involved..

et%

CSS Mongoose Dog appears from nowhere.

nbemt2.7,9;=gt;ttp14,17,3;;
ts50223.09.51840:

Kudos to the one who knows where our names originate. ::smirk::

et%
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Singular Quartet wrote:[tight beam, M16, tra @ b0.03.068.1402]
xLOU Singular Quartet(Ahforgetit tendency)
oGCU I Wish We Were Civilised(IrritatingGit tendency)
An explantion[Attached transcript] Looks like someone's pet universe coming around and being annoying. Might be heading off to do some weeding. Or I could be the good Culture representative and be nice... descisions, descisions...
[tight beam, M16, Tra. @ b0.03.068.1943]

Gigadeathcrime vs Hilarity... Descisions.. Descisions...

How about breaking all the Contact section rules and scaring the crap out of them? Lets see if they're a brutal repressive regime who opress things. Then there'd be an excuse.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Pet universes are fun, you know. I liked the fic btw, but you should have the Feddies invaded. Fear, pure terror, is always a good thing. When the federation is involved..

You mean Singular Quartet's or mine? in his the federation is a simulation based on ST TOS as archived by a GCU. (yup, the culture have star trek)
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

nbemt2.7,9;=gt;ttp14,17,3;;
ts50223.09.53280:

GAA? Opressive? lmepo.. I'd direct you towards the Sinti but theyre not that bad.

et%

ooc: whoever started this thread and wrote the queer Q-GA fic.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

kojikun wrote:Q-GA fic.
What'yo smokin' boy? :D
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

You're saying then that Q wasnt in that fic and Meatfucker wasnt prancing through peoples skulls? Damnit, get out of my brain!!!
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Pet universe with technology taken to it's logical extremes... fun.

Perhaps I should bring out my oNCHLaaK? :twisted:
「かかっ―」
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

please do. the more the merrier! :)
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

kojikun wrote:please do. the more the merrier! :)
OOC: Ok. :wink:

[Internal point-to-point, M32, tra. @ b0.03.068.2301]
xGCU Terminal Levitas Surplus
oGCU Terminal Levitas Surplus

You know, there's some weird shit going on over here. The water in the atmosphere seems to be frosting out on the wall of the mess and communicating with the crew. Ho-hum.

[Internal point-to-point, M32, tra. @ b0.03.068.2299]
xGCU Terminal Levitas Surplus
oGCU Terminal Levitas Surplus

Yes, I've noticed. The water in one of the unused swimming pools is behaving strangely, too. One end is boiling, the other frozen, and the convection currents are going between them rather than up and down. Ho-hum indeed...

It's stopped..

Here, too. The ice on the wall was constantly shifting, even when not changing overall shape. Now it's still. Last thing it said - indeed what it still says - is "see you guys later". Could you tell what was causing it?

Not really. I could just barely make out something... whatever it was, it was small, numerous, and damn fast... attosecond range. Kept blinking in and out, flittering all over the place.

Damn... Think we should tell the others? I mean, this is starting to look Excessionary...

Not just yet...

OOC: :twisted:

And yes, the good TLS is talking to itself.
「かかっ―」
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

OOC: we have a plot. :D

I have updated the program, the link on the last page should download the new version now. V1.2

It now outputs as : [broardcast, Mclear, tra. @ mc.yy.ddd.hhmm] or [stuttered tight point, M32, tra. @ mc.yy.ddd.hhmm]
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

[mtight beam, M4, tra @ b0.03.069.1621]
xLOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendency)
o [all intrested parties]
I'm away for barely a day, and look, some people talked. I Wish We Were Civilised, your header program appears to be missing, or maybe one of Arb's satilites is being a little touchy. And yes, choosing between hilarity and Gigadeathcrimes is a tough desicion.

To Termial Levitas Surplus, if you insist on talking to yourself, at least have the audacity to label yourself mildly eccentric. It makes it easier on the rest of us.
[Attached: :P ]And if you are having problems, would you be nice enough to tell the rest of us, such that it will make it easier to avoid you?

OOC: As to the fic, kojikun, while both Q and GA were in the fic (And if you read through the fic, you might recognize one more name... :D ) GA was the only character that truely existed at the begining of the fic. Inifinite Fun space (A bit of an understatement) is where minds go when they're bored. They create their own "pet universes" to use our own terms, toy witht he laws of physics and set them off. Enveolping Hubris had created this from possibly Arb's records of Earth, and then expanded upon it, making an altogether weirder universe. My personal favorite tough, though, is the irony of EH creating holographic arks in the outside world to pass through the holodeck into the simulated reality in his own mind.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Ahh you mean metamathics. I've attempted to design my own physics but the elegance and beauty of real physics is such that I find myself drawn to it and can never get my own to work.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

kojikun wrote:Ahh you mean metamathics. I've attempted to design my own physics but the elegance and beauty of real physics is such that I find myself drawn to it and can never get my own to work.
Yep. they can do it becuase they have a damn large amount of patience asnd find math to be a very easy thing. We don't, so we suck at it, but try anyways.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Singular Quartet wrote:[mtight beam, M4, tra @ b0.03.069.1621]
xLOU Singular Quartet (Ahforgetit tendency)
o [all intrested parties]
I'm away for barely a day, and look, some people talked. I Wish We Were Civilised, your header program appears to be missing, or maybe one of Arb's satilites is being a little touchy. And yes, choosing between hilarity and Gigadeathcrimes is a tough desicion.

To Termial Levitas Surplus, if you insist on talking to yourself, at least have the audacity to label yourself mildly eccentric. It makes it easier on the rest of us.
[Attached: :P ]And if you are having problems, would you be nice enough to tell the rest of us, such that it will make it easier to avoid you?
[Foldcast, M32, tra @ b0.03.069.1623]
x I Write My Name in Yellow
oLOU Singular Quartet

Is the Honored Culture Representative calling this Entity a problem?
「かかっ―」