I formally Surrender...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Sothis
Jedi Knight

I formally Surrender...

Post by Sothis »

In the issue of Star Trek V Star Wars, I formally surrender to the ICS and it's 200GT calcs... and the Empire's enormous resource advantage...

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Smart man. 8)
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: I formally Surrender...

Post by Eleas »

Sothis wrote:In the issue of Star Trek V Star Wars, I formally surrender to the ICS and it's 200GT calcs... and the Empire's enormous resource advantage...

I never noticed you were on the opposing side, but... welcome to ours. :)

Btw, did you get my last Private Message?
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Sides? Is there some sort of war going on? :roll:
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

TheDarkling wrote:Sides? Is there some sort of war going on? :roll:
Sides of the Debate, Darkling, try to keep up.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

Eleas wrote:
Sothis wrote:In the issue of Star Trek V Star Wars, I formally surrender to the ICS and it's 200GT calcs... and the Empire's enormous resource advantage...

I never noticed you were on the opposing side, but... welcome to ours. :)

Btw, did you get my last Private Message?
I did indeed get your message, sorry for not replying sooner, but the politics of work have been stirring :)

When I post chapter 2, I'll make the change to the txt style look. Thanks for the advice :)
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Shouldnt it be a debate by debate situation?, if he means who would win in a war between the Feds and the Imps how could anyone think the feds could win (baring some devine intervention of technobabble weapon).
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

TheDarkling wrote:Shouldnt it be a debate by debate situation?, if he means who would win in a war between the Feds and the Imps how could anyone think the feds could win (baring some devine intervention of technobabble weapon).
There are legions of Pro-Trek debators who beleived such, and many still do.

There are also Pro-Trek debators who simply accept that Wars will win all out war, and work on lessening the scale of hte beat-down.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I just enjoy debating and I also like an uphill battle :D .

The only way trek could win is if you take trek high end and wars low end - even then a trek victory would require the imps to simply give up because it was to much trouble to take over the feds.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

TheDarkling wrote:I just enjoy debating and I also like an uphill battle :D .

The only way trek could win is if you take trek high end and wars low end - even then a trek victory would require the imps to simply give up because it was to much trouble to take over the feds.
That may be why you're a sensible Pro-Trek debator.. When we keep you away from One Week Wonders. :P

Imperial Federation
Youngling

Post by Imperial Federation »

No, you see Trek wins because they'll destroy all the ISDs with transphasic torpedoes while absorbing all turbolaser shots with their navigational deflectors which are immune to lasers then they'll use Quantum Slipstream drive to get to the Empire and use the Genesis Device on Coruscant... :twisted:

No, that's not my opinion, but somebody told me that the other day..
All members of the Imperial Redshirt Troopers are expected to die horribly for their Empire!
Go, and get killed in the most pointless way imaginable!
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I dont bring them up :twisted: , in fact I have only ever made one thread on the entire board - on my pet treknology Subtrans.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

TheDarkling wrote:I dont bring them up :twisted: , in fact I have only ever made one thread on the entire board - on my pet treknology Subtrans.
Quantum Crystallin Armour 0wn3z j00!

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Im sure it does :) but..... ermmm errmmm ahhh Q owns it (I had nothing hmm maybe nah I got nothing).
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

FYI... I never disagreed with the FTL figures, numerical superiority, and industrial capabilities of the Empire. I do disagree with the firepower calculations, but the end result was never in question as far as I am concerned. :wink:
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

[Dooku Mode]Join us Sothis, and together, we shall rule the multiverse![/Dooku Mode]
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

If you're not accepting the 200GT HTLs, you're not accepting a BDZ.

What's with those Trekkies using the Genesis Device against Imperials? And they extrapolate the power of a TPT to the point where it can destroy the Star with one.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

I never realized that you thought differently? Ah well congrats and welcome to the winning team. Here is your secret Warsie ring with logical beam 'o death.

Now the real questions start.
Which side? The light or the dark?
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

PUHLEASE not that crap Lameway brought back from the future....
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Well, we'll just have to wait and see how many transphasic torps and how much Batmobile armor we see in Nemesis.
The Great and Malignant
Akira
Official SD.Net Chew Toy

Post by Akira »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:If you're not accepting the 200GT HTLs, you're not accepting a BDZ.
I don't. The BDZ is not canon.

I hate to brake it to you, but GL did say that the SW books and computer games were not a part of his story line and therefore not canon. I think the same would go for your 200GT figure from the ICS.

Oh... TOO BAD. :P
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Akira wrote:
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:If you're not accepting the 200GT HTLs, you're not accepting a BDZ.

I hate to brake it to you, but GL did say that the SW books and computer games were not a part of his story line and therefore not canon. I think the same would go for your 200GT figure from the ICS.

Oh... TOO BAD. :P
Oh no, of course there is no BDZ, the ability to render a planet uninhabitable is well beyond the capabilities of the same people who can built battle stations that has the firepower to blow up planets into bite sized debris.
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

TheDarkling wrote:I dont bring them up :twisted: , in fact I have only ever made one thread on the entire board - on my pet treknology Subtrans.
Ah yes, the Subtrans debate... I still remember that... :P
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

If I had a nickle for every idiot. Hey a nickle!
Hmmm I think I like this turn of events

Oooh another nickle which must mean...

Another idiot!

I hate to hit you repeatedly over the head with a large blunt object so I won't but the fact remians Lucus DID NOT say that, The specfic quote you refer to is when Lucus says the EU is nice but he will trample over it as he pleases

You don't understand the rules of Cannon do you?
(Prehaps another miffed idiot Trecky debator mad that ST Novels are Not Cannon while SW's are?)
EU is Offical, Offical is Cannon and if we took a moment to indulged your delisouslal fantasys the Astroid Sceane alone places FP of TuboLasers at anywhere from 400 Mega-tons to 89 Giga-tons

That being said its still Cannon that most Federations ships fall in less that 100 Mega-tons of damage :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Akira wrote:

Sorry to be stating the obvious, but you're wrong. If the only thing you're good for is twisting GL's statements out of context, then you should perhaps consider joining the STGN forums and leave thinking people the fuck alone.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe