World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

DrMckay
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by DrMckay »

Loving 8.0 so far, but still looking for a program to drop the fps like I had for 7.5 gotta get those fps back up.

Loving the VK3600 with the 75mm L70, running it with binos, vents, rammer and 100% crew. will totally keep this for a while. It never stops being fun, and the added pen of the L 70 has me very happy.

Weirdly, the T-34-85 just started to click for me today. Unlike a lot of the Russian tanks, it has a sort of flow to it. Nice hp, accel, good final gun, but nothing that makes it truly stand out...because all the elements blend together and make the tank a multirole beast, Brawler when I'm the high tier, sniper in mid, and scout in low. never gets old, and I can hurt whoever I run into. Waaay more fun than the KV1-s.

Actually, I'm thinking of going back down to the KV1 and unlocking the KV 2. Is that reccomended? what did you guys think about it?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Vejut
Padawan Learner

Post by Vejut »

DrMckay wrote:Actually, I'm thinking of going back down to the KV1 and unlocking the KV 2. Is that reccomended? what did you guys think about it?
Really like mine, but I got it from the split, didn't have to grind it with the 122 on it. 152 is inaccurate, 30 second load time, and the turret is huge...but man, when you land a hit, it makes a splash. Rather fond of it with the derp. 107 I don't use much. Probably a better gun, especially now its only facing tier 8s, but just something rubs me the wrong way with it, and the 152 works well enough. Mostly about peek-a-boom. Fire, roll back into full cover, preferably with somebody covering you, let it reload, roll forward to shoot again. Good close in support tank.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
FSTargetDrone wrote:Played a half-dozen matches so far since 8.0 went live and man is it going to take some getting used to the significantly more pronounced bouncing when coming to a stop and aiming, as well as the increased recoil. Shooting is a bit trickier with that, but I had a good run in my M4 with 8 kills in whatever the map is called (recorded as XXXXfjord.wotreplay).
You can actually disable the recoil and bounces from impacts in the game settings.

Hmm didn't know that. A pity actually, kind of feels like cheating
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

It's not cheating. Your tank'll still bounce, but you just won't see it. Trying to fire in that first quarter second still will have questionable accuracy.

Also, the M103 is a goddamn monster now. I bounced 7 shots frontally, which has never happened before on the damn thing. It really does feel like a baby T110E5 now with the normalization changes. Which is quite welcome. It's gun remains powerful as ever too!
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Sweet. Will be DLing the patch tonight, after which it's time to demonstrate the power of the Fatton.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Mang, Orlik's Medal and Ace Tanker in my second match on 8.0 (Killed 2 IS-3s and a T-28 Prototype in my AMX-12t)

Also I like the team score being shown, in both matches I've played so far I've had highest score in my wee french trolltank.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Odd, my fps seem to have improved with the new patch.

Second game was the one with the large viaduct. Many tanks fell to their death, but to add insult to injure, I was alble to kill one during mid flight :lol:
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

:shock:

How the heck did you pull THAT off? That must have been an awesome kill...

And its deceptively easy to fall to your death now...especially in a T-50 or ELC...their so fast that if you forget about the new physics...well, you'll quickly find out tanks can't fly. :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote: And its deceptively easy to fall to your death now...especially in a T-50 or ELC...their so fast that if you forget about the new physics...well, you'll quickly find out tanks can't fly. :P
But of course they can!

Once
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

:lol:

Point taken. :D
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Oh god.

So very, very tired of losing. I don't know how they fucking manage it every single fucking time. They just melt. Or never, ever move because the enemy are so fucking scary and then all die because they're fucking stupid.

Please. Please just let me win you fucks.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Which server are you on, cause I get occasional teams of tards, but I just as often end up on the dominating side. Win rate is 53% now.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

My win rate is stubbornly hovering at 48%. But I could care less about my stats, since I just play the game for fun. Look at my survival rating...its at 12%...because I just don't care if I win or not (most of the time). Do I get the occasional team that makes me want to bang my head into a wall? Certainly...like EVERY FREAKING TIME I play Himmelsdorf on Encounter and all the morons zerg-rush the hill, leaving only me and a couple other competent players actually heading for the flag.

But I put up with that so I can get the occasional good match...that happen sometimes...occasionally....VERY RARELY... :P
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I seem to recall someone saying 48% is pretty much the median win rate for the game. There's a small minority of people who win a lot of public matches, and then there's everyone else...
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah, I think I vaguely remember that to. Which make me an average player...which considering the preponderance of idiot players...I'm perfectly happy with. :P
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

I'm right at 49%. I've disabled all assault mode games in the preferences because more often than not, Attack/Defend missions seem to bring out the super stupid players. Especially on Defend. I am so sick of half our units going off to search for the opposition only to be picked off, leaving the rest of us near the base to defend against superior numbers.

Encountered a weird bug today which saw all my preferences for Markers and sniper bounce go back to defaults, but keyboard customization is fine.

Has anyone noticed that you can now no longer quickly stream off a bunch of targets in a row ("Requesting Fire On XXX")? This is especially problematic when I'm scouting. In the past I could quickly light up 3 or 4 different targets in a row, even if they were bunched together, but now I can't do that anymore. There seems to be a noticeable delay of a second or two before it registers.

Btw, I am "FSTargetDrone" in the game. I currently run an M2MT, M4, M4A3E8 and the M5 and Lend Lease Stuarts.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

I have the opposite experience on defense. I am regularly end up on a team where no one is willing to leave their initial starting position, and most of the team gets destroyed by arty or easily flanked.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Wait, is "Attention to sector XY!" now "Requesting fire on sector XY?"

Great!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Simon_Jester wrote:Wait, is "Attention to sector XY!" now "Requesting fire on sector XY?"

Great!
No, it's still "Attention to Sector XY..." It's the "Request Fire on (tank) XXX" which is new.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I've turned off Assault and Encounter because, frankly, the gameplay of the French lights demands I learn the lanes properly so I know where to go to flank them, and having three layouts of each map makes that harder.

I did notice they've added Encounter to Malinovka though, where the base is on the southern shore of the lake mostly in the marshy ground and completely exposed, which basically screams "retard magnet" to me. My guess is that map is never resolved by base cap...
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I've disabled encounter...assault/defend is still up for now though. I've noticed that when I play (when I play...your mileage may vary) the idiots come out more on encounter (especially Himmesldorf...I swear...I ask 'why is everyone going hill all the time?' and some idiot goes 'DUH!! Hill is teh way to win!! (complete with misspelling)...and promptly got blown up...kriffing morons...) :banghead:

That being said, I tend to get at least decent teams on assault/defend, so at least that's something right? :P
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

The one thing I don't like is the new tech tree layout. Seriously how is it better than the old one?

Other than that, looking good. I can't put my finger on it but everything looks fresh.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

God loves the M103 now.

Yes, the front is bouncy now. Yes, the gun is still as awesome.

My first two matches on the thing resulted in over 3000+ damage and taking 10+ hits apiece.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

German tankers really need to stop whining. One peek at their medium tank forum and it's all whine, whine, whine about the Mk IV.

It's just a Sherman now (slightly worse in some aspects). What the hell is their problem?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

And this is new how?

Its more hilarious when one looks at the 3601, which is even MORE of a death machine now that it has the upgraded L/70.