World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by xthetenth »

I would like my Type 59 even more if I could put the "give me a little light and I will give you a star" decal on the ammo rack.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Man, people putting decals on things...

I'm not even paying gold for camo patterns, and they actually do something now. (Fortunately you can rent them for credits).
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

That is the only decal I would ever use because it's the perfect label for a rolling ammo rack explosion.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

The Type 59 is the bane of my VK...too fast to flank, and with a good enough gun that my armor might as well be paper. Quite annoying really.

Whats MORE annoying is the 38nA...I forgot how much I hated that tank. But I'm determined to get the PzIV, and I'm not letting a single sucky tank stop me! :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Medium and fast heavy wolfpack replay. You can briefly see me throughout this, I was the fast heavy. Not a personal best, but this is how speed usually wins the day. Exactly 5min 0s of gameplay until we win. And yeah I went lazy at the end, then again I had the least % health at the end of the battle since I played TD bait early in the match.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

So there's a glitch that lets you use a bunker in Siegfried Line to fire AMX ELCs into the air. I approve.

The important bit is where the right side is. If you're sitting with the first road wheel right behind the edge of the bunker so the springs on that wheel compress a ton, that's what'll launch the tank.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I'm debating the offer to move to the SEA server. Halve my pings and have no lag - that's nice. Apparently the player base is a little more unsettled though. Will have to see.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

So I got the chance to play some 8.0 and...it will take some using to the physics. I have some habits which were good before, like turning to avoid dips if so that I don't get stuck on a slope, but are horrible now.

But I LOVE the new after-match reports. They tell me a lot about what I did right and what I did wrong, if I shot at the right spots, etc.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Yeah, the new AARs are awesome.

But seriously, get in a fast tank and start learning to drift.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTb-3EC3duEp[youtube]
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I have the A20, which somehow became painful again. I ground up 2500 exp on it in no time, but now getting 200 per match is a success.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Interesting you should say that, since the A-20 got a bunch of massive buffs in 8.0, increased HP, traverse, turret traverse, view range, and boosts to aim time on all its guns.

Haven't tried mine yet, because I'm all about the frenchiosity at the moment.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Vendetta wrote:Interesting you should say that, since the A-20 got a bunch of massive buffs in 8.0, increased HP, traverse, turret traverse, view range, and boosts to aim time on all its guns.

Haven't tried mine yet, because I'm all about the frenchiosity at the moment.
I only played a few matches so far, so maybe it's just statistics screwing me over.

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

It probably is PeZook...the A-20 sucked for me, but when I played the buffed version (just to try it out) it played much better.

Also...ELC's cannot fly...must stop driving over cliffs at top speed. :P
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

weemadando wrote:I'm debating the offer to move to the SEA server. Halve my pings and have no lag - that's nice. Apparently the player base is a little more unsettled though. Will have to see.
What do you mean by unsettled? I noticed from the queue list that most of the players are still at t5 and below, so, higher tier players probably get a bit lonely.

The matchup can get....... interesting though. At one point, as a M2 MT, I kept getting thrown into matches against T5 tanks for several hours. Never had a match where I was top tiered. Instead, it was a slugging match against series of Panzer III, KV 1, Th1 and Hetzer/Stug TD, waiting for the moments when I might encounter another lonely T3 medium tank or arty.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I have the same feeling in my Pz38nA, with the exception that its a T4 tank that keeps getting matched with anything from T5 to T8 tanks...
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Last I checked, the 38NA was classed as a scout tank like it's tiermate the Leopard.

The difference is that the Leo is actaully capable of scouting.

I'm not sure if they've changed it's tiering recently, but by the sounds of it, they've not.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Nope, nothing new with the 38nA. I played it back when I was a noob (before ditching it for the PzIII), and it still gets the same MM. The problem is that it isn't fast enough to be a scout, and even its best gun isn't going to do more than scratch the paint of what it regularly faces.

I'm dealing with it though...I want my PzIV darn it!! :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Okay...since its half-off I got a T18...and that thing is a MONSTER. I've never gotten so many kills (5) without taking at least SOME damage...I think I'm going to be upset at how short the grind for this TD is...
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

You can always keep playing it unnecessarily long. Nothing stops you from that.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

But once you complete a tank, you're no longer rewarded for playing it. You are rewarded by getting free experience which you then have the priviledge of converting for real money :D

Also: they are selling inscriptions for 75 gold. Seriously, people pay for that? :P

AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

PeZook wrote:But once you complete a tank, you're no longer rewarded for playing it. You are rewarded by getting free experience which you then have the priviledge of converting for real money :D

Also: they are selling inscriptions for 75 gold. Seriously, people pay for that? :P
Or which you can put into crew training, don't forget that ;)
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah, as soon as you Elite a tank you sould immediately turn on accelerate crew training.

Also, crew training at lower tiers is easy and valuable, because you can do the 90% retrain to all your other tanks in that line and have them be super effective from the start.

I trained my Leichttraktor crew to 100% major/75% camoflage, and only stopped because it was getting too cheesy (I got 18 top gun medals in it).
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Grinding the major past 90% and the minor past 50% is horribly painful and annoying though.

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Crew grinding is the true refuge of the ridiculous grind. The only person I know who actively grinds crew has a 50% win rate because he doesn't play to win, he plays for xp/hour, so he goes in early and hard and tries to get in a big fight and do serious damage early. Nobody else I know has the patience. The only tank I actively ground crew on was my T-50-2, which needed sixth sense for clan wars really bad.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'd have no problem with keeping the T18 if I could (after all, I still have my ELC/VK and I don't need THEM really). The problem is that I don't have enough slots for tanks, and I ain't selling my older ones. So bye-bye T18. I can re-buy it whenever I get nostalgic after all. :P

(also, I have a RIDICULOUS amount of XP I could convert...something like 40k between my ELC and Prem Stuart...just no money to convert it with :P )