World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by xthetenth »

Zinegata wrote:
xthetenth wrote:I just can't wait till warplanes comes out so I can do my credit grinding in that. I'm gonna make stupid bank. Until then I'm sick of my Type 59, my T34 sucks and makes me cry, and I'm five million credits short of buying my freshly unlocked T-62A.
Eh? What's wrong with the T34? I usually get 50K out of it per match (not yet counting expenses).
I find it infuriating to play. It doesn't maneuver well, it doesn't do anything well that isn't having a thick mantlet, the number 248, or the number .35. It's basically a T30 a single tier lower with half the damage and much worse aim time. I just can't make myself play the damn thing. I'd rather grind credits in something like a T-54 just because that's a really good tank that's fun to drive and I'm prone to getting games that are good enough to be really profitable.
PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:SuperPershings are fucking hax. Or maybe it was just that one guy, but I dropped five rounds from my M12 onto one for a total of zero damage. Fucking irritating.

On another note, some maroon in a 6 ton ELC tried to ram my 108 ton KV-4. Drove full speed right under my left track, crunch. Fucking amusing.
The front of a Super Pershing is pretty much a crumple zone. Spaced armor everywhere. It'd probably be better to try and splash the damn thing's side than shoot its face. It's a good tank but very hard to drive because it's really well armored from only one direction.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I fucking love mye T18! 9 kills, and I didn't use any premium shells. ;)
Victory!
Battle: Mines 3. oktober 2012 16:35:07
Vehicle: T18
Experience received: 4 635 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 19 384
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Reaper

This makes up for the 7 losses in a row with my PantherII. The 8th battle was a win.
It didn't start too well and I thought we would lose. On top of the hill, I wonder if I could shoot the attackers who wanted to capture the hill from me, and I could. From there, it was a game of pure win! I love the 51mm front armour and the 75mm howitzer of the T18. Quite often an enemy is shooting at me while I'm slowly aiming at him. His shots go pling-pling-pling and I one shot him.

Yesterday, I shot an AT-1 while hiding and he thought he was shot by arty. 8)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Now that I've actually GOT a T18, I see what you meant Infidel. It is a BEAST and quite fun to play to boot.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The T18 rocks plain and simple. If I trolled lowbies much, I'd think about getting one. Then again, my tetrarch is plenty good and I can put my 170% secondary -50-2 crew on it. Sixth sense, clutch braking, 80% camo and a 100% crew is funny.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Infidel wrote: This makes up for the 7 losses in a row with my PantherII. The 8th battle was a win.
It didn't start too well and I thought we would lose. On top of the hill, I wonder if I could shoot the attackers who wanted to capture the hill from me, and I could. From there, it was a game of pure win! I love the 51mm front armour and the 75mm howitzer of the T18. Quite often an enemy is shooting at me while I'm slowly aiming at him. His shots go pling-pling-pling and I one shot him.

Watch out for H35s. If they're sensible they're using the 25mm, that has 56mm penetration and unless you hit their armour dead on they'll just bounce the 75mm.

More than once I trundled off after facing down a T18 taking nothing but track damage from HE.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I don't even use the 75. Its a mini-derp gun, and I prefer less derpy weapons. I use the 2 pounder myself.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I just found perhaps the stupidest player around. He simply couldn't understand that me as a t-34-85 with the best gun had no problem penetrating his KV-2 through it's best armor without using gold. Now for the uninitiated the KV-2 has no better armor than the KV-1 at 90mm and the 85,mm BM has an average of 144mm of penetration. In fact the minimal pen with that gun is 108mm. Gold would've been total overkill with its 194mm penetration.

Idiot was cursing me out the whole match even with the other players on my team talking back to the little baby.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Agent Sorchus wrote:I just found perhaps the stupidest player around. He simply couldn't understand that me as a t-34-85 with the best gun had no problem penetrating his KV-2 through it's best armor without using gold. Now for the uninitiated the KV-2 has no better armor than the KV-1 at 90mm and the 85,mm BM has an average of 144mm of penetration. In fact the minimal pen with that gun is 108mm. Gold would've been total overkill with its 194mm penetration.

Idiot was cursing me out the whole match even with the other players on my team talking back to the little baby.
There will always be idiots. Cure is report for insult, then block. It feels good to report when people are like that! I've started to do more of that. You have 5 reports pr. day. It puts them on the monitor and if it is modus operandi for those people and many other people are reporting them as well, they might get banned for a while.

Besides: Why was he angry because he thought you used gold ammo? It's a part of the game. Players willing to pay for gold is what keeps WG/WoT alive.

I just found a "bad" thing with the new physics. Playing my SU-26, a friendly had spotted an enemy and they were shooting at each other from close range. No problem. SU-26 is very accurate and I've taken out many enemies that way, but just as I shot him, friendly decided to ram enemy and did so, promptly taking out enemy and replacing his place on the map while my shell was still in the air. It landed on him(friendly) and took him out. The result was 0 xp and 0 credits... :banghead:
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Boom, clean sweep, three kills for me in an AMX-12t in a Tier X match.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I don't particularly like gold rounds as they are a fairly pure example of pay to win.

However, they exist and aside from the occasional rage inducing one-shotting, it's fine.

Wouldn't mind seeing the option to have "No gold rounds" events. But then where do you draw a line? Repair kits? Camo?

It's an annoyance, but eh, the grind is worse.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The gold rounds increase penetration and only penetration. I can think of about two tanks that warrant being driven as if they'll bounce anything no matter how well aimed and in the Maus' case, when it's camping a corner with its butt angled out, it is actually invulnerable to any shell gold or not.

If I can tell someone's shooting gold in a pub I'll usually just laugh as I put silver rounds in his weak spots and do just as much damage. The ones that annoy me are the companies of a few of the top clans who shoot all gold in companies just to have some way of getting rid of the stuff.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

How can I tell more and more Singaporeans are going on to WOT? I just been rammed,shoved, etc experiencing the worst road courtesy on the game that's just super typical of Singaporean drivers:D:D:D

I mean... I gave you the courtesy of not running in front of your gunsights, giving you that one sole kill you had against a damaged M4. Can you do me the courtesy of not shoving me towards the cliff and ruining my shot against an enemy arty?

Its also annoying that you saw that I was fucking stationary on the road and you just rammed me. Ok, maybe it was lag, I could accept that. But why the FUCK did you then choose to halt right in the middle of the fucking chokepoint, causing a massive jam as everyone squeezed their brakes?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

PainRack wrote: Its also annoying that you saw that I was fucking stationary on the road and you just rammed me. Ok, maybe it was lag, I could accept that. But why the FUCK did you then choose to halt right in the middle of the fucking chokepoint, causing a massive jam as everyone squeezed their brakes?
Very many players do not understand the simple concept that tanks take up space (as opposed to many FPS where ramming almost never happens) and therefore jamming too many tanks at a choke point results in disaster.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Errrr.... I'm a bit lost. I was told that grinding my crew up to 83% means that when I retrained, I get a level higher than could had been obtained from credits.... I got 83%,, and this isn't true
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

PainRack wrote:Errrr.... I'm a bit lost. I was told that grinding my crew up to 83% means that when I retrained, I get a level higher than could had been obtained from credits.... I got 83%,, and this isn't true
83% is about the break even point where you'll end up the same from retraining or just plain training. (Retraining might give you 76%, depending on how close you were to getting 84%).

If you retrain for credits you lose 10% of your current major skill. If you train for credits from scratch you go directly to 75%.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

So... back to the grind then...
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

All that talk about the T18 made me miss this tank so I bought it again. It's brutal. Head on against 5 - 6 tanks and still coming out victorious at 50% health. Perhaps I should pimp it with expensive modules to make it even better :twisted:
Lictuel
Redshirt

Post by Lictuel »

PainRack wrote:How can I tell more and more Singaporeans are going on to WOT? I just been rammed,shoved, etc experiencing the worst road courtesy on the game that's just super typical of Singaporean drivers:D:D:D

I mean... I gave you the courtesy of not running in front of your gunsights, giving you that one sole kill you had against a damaged M4. Can you do me the courtesy of not shoving me towards the cliff and ruining my shot against an enemy arty?

Its also annoying that you saw that I was fucking stationary on the road and you just rammed me. Ok, maybe it was lag, I could accept that. But why the FUCK did you then choose to halt right in the middle of the fucking chokepoint, causing a massive jam as everyone squeezed their brakes?
I know that feeling, when driving my Stug III I'll get pushed around all the time by guys that want to take the hiding place I was staying in. I don't get those people, it's not like there is only place to hunker down... :roll:

Still the 8.0 update is damn nice and maybe, just maybe people will get used to the physics and stop doing suicide falls and the like.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

My biggest problem with the physics is that I tend to avoid the previously unpassable dips and drops (because before, you'd get stuck and murdered, so it paid to slow down a bit to avoid them) - thus I lose speed and sometimes maneuver in plain sight, or ignore hiding spots that were once non-viable.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Did the 90mm on the T-20 get buffed something fierce? because I have been absolutely monstering pretty much everything I come across with it the last few matches.

Apart from that, physics change is fun. Not super pleased with the way it seems to make my tanks heaps less responsive off the mark, balanced by the first time I got air in my M3. Karelia seems better now, but I somehow got lost and screamed right down the centre of the map the first time I played it, and fights on the top of the hill in himmelsdorf seem a bit more bogged down now that theres less cover when you crest the hill.

New AA reports are brilliant but I would still like to know what critical damage I did rather than just critical damage was done.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

Since I have so little experience driving mediums whenever my IS-3 was put into a match it had no hope of winning I would just hide out in a corner.

I got really savage insults from a guy claiming to be "special forces" complaining about my camping out in the back by the T95. :(

I was in my Type-62 yesterday, had an awesome game where I killed a Panther and managed to elude 3 enemy heavies I had no chance against (that non ensk, non himmelsdorf city map with the open space to the right) until finally down to 2% I got murdered by the next tank I ran into :(

Seems my best go-to strategy with it is to wait out the match until half the enemy tanks are dead and then start poking holes in the open spaces, finding tanks to flank and shoot at from behind while they're busy being complacent.

Finally got the KV "Sport", I'm aiming for the KV-13 and then the T-43 to work my way up to the T-62A eventually.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

To be fair, a heavy that camps by the base is being completely useless to the team, especially a brawler like the IS-3. Your job is to get into the fight and take hits so the lighter tanks don't. And the IS-3 is perfectly capable of putting the hurt on tier 10s, especially when it gets the BL-9.

A good rule of thumb that I follow is that if at any time you are not currently shooting at the enemy or moving to a better position to shoot the enemy from, you're doing it wrong.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

Which is true but still means playing like a medium which I'm entirely inexperienced with, and being a brawler means at most surviving one brawl but at 50% or lower health when my goal is to survive and cut down on my repair costs; this is from my personal experience. I had to entirely stop playing my IS3 in order to grind up the money for the KV Sport. Its just easier to wait it out a bit so that its less likely for me to be sniped when trying to maneuver into the fight.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Blayne wrote: Seems my best go-to strategy with it is to wait out the match until half the enemy tanks are dead and then start poking holes in the open spaces, finding tanks to flank and shoot at from behind while they're busy being complacent.
That's what you should do if you're in an AMX-12/13 or a Lorraine 40t. If you're in a big beefy soviet heavy you should be using your toughness and firepower to hold the front lines.

If you're having trouble with repair costs try playing lower tiers until you've gotten better at key strategies like aiming for weak spots and angling your armour, which will get you through fights with less HP lost.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

I meant that in regards to the Type-62 which is the Chinese light tier 6 premium tank with the 85(?)mm gun. Which plays like a better armored scout but seems to be meant to be played as a flanker/support.