World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Simon_Jester »

Finally got my laptop working so I can play, yay!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

The Infidel wrote: I'm really starting to like my IS-3 as well and I'm slowly learning the different ways of driving the two. I usually have binocs on my german tanks, so I bought binocs for my IS-3 as well, but think I'm gonna buy enhanced gun laying drive there instead. Maybe getting rid of improved ventilation and getting vertical stabilizer? I already have the tank gun rammer on it. Should, or should I not get rid of improved ventilation? Hm...
Binocs on an IS-3? :? They only work when you're stationary, and an IS-3 should pretty much always be charging into the front lines and engaging from close range. I'd recommend Vents, Gun Rammer and Vertical Stabilizer.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Being as I don't use equipment (way too expensive without gold, at least for anything below Tier 8 ), I wouldn't be able to recommend anything. :P

On a different subject...I am SO not selling my KV-1 this time, as long as the Brits give me another tank slot. This thing is almost as fun as the 3601, and makes quite a lot of money. Its a keeper for sure :D
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Shell rammers are awesome. Expensive, but awesome. I put one on my M37, and its performance has gone way up. Payed for itself pretty fast. Considering getting the gun laying drive as well, to help with the bad aim time. Would bring it down to 4.59s from 5.1s.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah, the thing is that the only tank I would put it on is my 3601, and its already a beast as is, thanks to the 100 percent crew with perks. :wink:
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

There's a 50% off equipment sale during the Golden Joystick Event from November 2nd-5th, so I plan on loading up all my tanks with equipment then.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

November 2nd to the 5th eh? In that case I might be able to get some for my 3601 and possibly the KV-1 depending on how many creds I have by then. Might hold off on buying my KV-1S too, since that is expensive.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:There's a 50% off equipment sale during the Golden Joystick Event from November 2nd-5th, so I plan on loading up all my tanks with equipment then.
Bugger! Bought vertical stabilizer for my IS-3 yesterday. No more binocs. I could have saved 300 000 if I had waited a few more days. Oh well, still need some stuff for my IS-8 and IS-4. I have rammer and stabilizer on my IS-4. Should I get enhanced gun laying drive or coated optics for it? The benefit of faster aiming is obvious, but coated optics gives me better situational awareness, and that can be handy as well. I use the minimap a lot when I play. I've made it quite a bit bigger than default, and slightly transparent as well. Improved ventilation is handy, too. Gives me extra 5% on everything. Got rammer, stabilizer and ventilation on my IS-3 now, as recommended. I like it. :)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

I finally got my T-43 from the KV-Sport and KV-Baker's Dozen line to skip the T-34/85 tiers, its still stock though so I'm fairly sad.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The Vortex Empire wrote:There's a 50% off equipment sale during the Golden Joystick Event from November 2nd-5th.
Doh, I might not be able to log in then
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Skywalker, rammers are a lot cheaper for medium tanks.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Then I'll get it for my 3601. :D
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Finally unlocked E-75. This weekend seems like a good time to buy it, retrain the crew from TigerII and get some equipment, all at discount prices.
I wonder how it will fare compared to TigerII. Just got 100% on skills'n'perks as well. I like sixth sense for commander, but am thinking about eagle eye. Anybody know anything about eagle eye?
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Sixth sense. End of discussion. It is so profoundly useful it's unbelievable. Eagle eye I haven't used much because Sixth Sense and Brothers in Arms get first and second priority on my crews and it is neither of those. It's kinda useful, but not as much as those two.
Last edited by xthetenth on 2012-10-29 01:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Order of Goodness
Sixth Sense
Brothers in Arms (make sure EVERYONE has it though)
Repair
Clutch Braking/Off-Road Driving

and the rest are kinda pants.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I love Armorer, because people keep shooting at my gun. It's a nice boon when they disable it...and it still shoots fine! Joke's on them, da! :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

xthetenth wrote:Sixth sense. End of discussion. It is so profoundly useful it's unbelievable. Eagle eye I haven't used much because Sixth Sense and Brothers in Arms get first and second priority on my crews and it is neither of those. It's kinda useful, but not as much as those two.
Sixth sense it is. :D Thanks guys.
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

PeZook wrote:I love Armorer, because people keep shooting at my gun. It's a nice boon when they disable it...and it still shoots fine! Joke's on them, da! :D
I use my repair kit for that.
Actually I make sure at least most of my crew has some skill in repair so tracks can be repaired quickly.
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

My T-43 is the best tank I ever had; I do well every round; every single one as long as I'm not doing... counter productive actions. Sure there's lost rounds and won rounds and I die often enough, but I always get some kills or a lot of damage in.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Ryacko, without Armorer, even a repaired gun will have diminished accuracy. Armorer reduces that effect, so even if a shell takes my gun out, it's almost as accurate as it was before after repairs.

I've had people who blasted my turret, and either saw they nailed my gun with the perk or figured they did and stayed out of cover to try and continue the gun duel on their terms. Whoops. Joke's on them!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

My equivalent to that Blayne is my 3601. I almost NEVER do bad in it. Plus it never ceases to be funny when I ram a scout and see them go boom because I'm in what's essentially a 40kph Heavy. :P
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

PeZook wrote:Ryacko, without Armorer, even a repaired gun will have diminished accuracy. Armorer reduces that effect, so even if a shell takes my gun out, it's almost as accurate as it was before after repairs.

Repair kits completely restore the module they're used on, it's not the same as waiting for crew repair, which leaves the module damaged and working at reduced capacity.

I use my repair kit on my tracks or engine, because being stopped or slowed is death for a light.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

In my main tanks (3601 and KV-1) I HAVE to use the repair kit on the engine if it gets damaged. Especially with the 3601...a damaged engine makes the tank PAINFULLY slow.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Armorer is pretty useless alas. Repair Kits are awesome, and you generally don't last long enough to have multiple damaged critical systems.

You only 'always' fix the main gun or ammo rack. Engine is situational maybe. Tracks, rarely unless repairing them will surely avoid losing half your health.

Literally, I use it on the ammo rack about 9 out of 10 times. That's the worst critical to take.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

True. Though if I have to chose between slow-reloads (ammo rack) or turning into a giant metal slug (engine) I'll take the slow reload. :P

EDIT: Namely, since it is much easier to stay alive when I can run, than when I'm stuck slowly fleeing with a good gun/reload time.