World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I haven't played the A13 yet, but the Mark. II is proving quite fun. As my last post shows, because that was without any x5 XP.

As for the Matilda...played it on the Test Server, and it was fun enough. Assuming you actually reached a battle :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

There is a new god in medium companies.

Victory!
Battle: Mountain Pass Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:38:49 AM
Vehicle: Cromwell
Experience received: 1,471
Credits received: 28,075
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's medal, Pascucci's medal, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"'

Yes, that was in a company. Yes, gold accusations were firing. No, I didn't actually fire gold. 8 of 12 killed, albeit with help for the last two (after the pascucci and top gun).

There is a reason this thing was one of my goals on launch.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Just tell me one thing: does the Cromwell get a removed speed governor?
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Why do I need a removed speed governor when I can duel a T-50 already? It drives like a 2801, not a medium. My Chaffee barely has more hp/ton.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

I have my first Tier X. Dead God, the T110E5 is awesome. Playing one is such a rush where you just keep going OMNOM while appearing from multiple directions to the bewilderment of your enemies. :D
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

Victory!
Battle: Port Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:12:43 PM
Vehicle: Matilda Black Prince
Experience received: 5,775 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 21,615
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

The Little Black Prince can be so much fun.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

I'm derpin' it up right now in my KV-2 with HEAT rounds, its awesome one shotting everything under the sky that's my tier or lower.

Exhibit A Gentlemen: http://oi46.tinypic.com/15d6j2g.jpg (Can't add img tags :( )

I got 8 kills that round, things got pretty dicey up against a chicken BDR who was down to 13% hp but I had damaged one of his modules earlier, and a churchill was coming up along behind me. My teammates swooped in at the right time so I survived the round with my kill streak intact :D
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Quick question...has anyone else ever gotten a Dumitru's Medal? I'm curious because I've heard its rather rare to get. Killing 4+ SPG's is rather hard to pull off after all :P

EDIT: In one battle that is. And I did it with my 3601 awhile back.
I have one in my M2 (my favorite tank!):

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Pity they didn't include the Sherman Firefly in the Brit tech tree (yet?)
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

It's not a UK tank, why would it be in the UK tech tree?

I would expect it to be a premium; I know they showed a Sherman III in UK colours in the preview pictures.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Vanas wrote:It's not a UK tank, why would it be in the UK tech tree? .
Because it's a British remodel?
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Well, yes, but it's not in the UK tank tree for the same reason the Churchill III isn't in the USSR tech tree. It was used by the UK, but it's not a UK design.
For the same reason, I wouldn't expect to see the Achilles (M10/17pdr) in the UK TD tree.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Vanas wrote:Well, yes, but it's not in the UK tank tree for the same reason the Churchill III isn't in the USSR tech tree. It was used by the UK, but it's not a UK design.
For the same reason, I wouldn't expect to see the Achilles (M10/17pdr) in the UK TD tree.
But the Churchill III IS in the USSR tech tree. I have one. As are a Valentine and Matilda design.

And the Germans have a few captured French tanks.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Premiums aren't in the tech tree. However, I've seen pictures of a Grant in UK colors as well as a Firefly, so I think they may well be making a British versions of US tanks tree.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

xthetenth wrote:Premiums aren't in the tech tree. However, I've seen pictures of a Grant in UK colors as well as a Firefly, so I think they may well be making a British versions of US tanks tree.
They can give the British the Grant to the Americans M3 Lee or vis versa, the M3 came in both Grant and Lee editions if they wanted to give the Brits a Firefly tree with extra mediums seeing as how the British did some napkinwaffle on the Sherman Chassie independently of the American efforts

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I suppose those could be Brit 'TDs'?

M3 Grant at Tier 4, now a 'TD' thanks to having what, a marginally lower turret?
Archer at Tier 5?
Achilles at Tier 6?
Firefly at Tier 7?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Land battleships are the best tanks. They're even better when they're lucky.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I've been racing for Crusader and just got the A-13 proper. The howitzer option there is just a bizarre weapon.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Isn't that howitzer really quite anemic but fast firing? Strikes me as a HEAT flinger for when you have either that or the 2 pounder on the Crusader.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Not super fast, but it has a really high firing arc and so rounds take quite a while to get out there. Makes hitting a challenge. But you can hit top armour a fair bit apparently.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Looking back at that picture, I just realized something. I got a top gun game with huge xp where I didn't get ace tanker. What are people doing in the churchill I anyway?
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Abbey Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:44:32 AM
Vehicle: M37
Experience received: 712
Credits received: 16,724
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Kay's Medal III Class

Wasn't a particularly outstanding match, but it was quite fun. The six kills didn't hurt either.
Vejut
Padawan Learner

Post by Vejut »

Did you pick it up previously? Don't think it shows you ones you already earned when you re-earn them.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

xthetenth wrote:Looking back at that picture, I just realized something. I got a top gun game with huge xp where I didn't get ace tanker. What are people doing in the churchill I anyway?
Churchill's probably the best low tier Premium. I've seen a 12 kill game replay posted.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Vejut wrote:Did you pick it up previously? Don't think it shows you ones you already earned when you re-earn them.
No, you can see that I got a first class with the first top gun of the pair. Which means no Ace tanker of course.
Nephtys wrote:Churchill's probably the best low tier Premium. I've seen a 12 kill game replay posted.
Oh yeah, I've got one I put my IS-7 crew in. It's silly. I'm talking about the regular Churchill I on the British tree.