World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Jub »

I've been doing badly in the E2 in the first ten games, but then everything just came together in a match.

Victory!
Battle: Karelia November-29-12 2:14:49 PM
Vehicle: M4A3E2
Experience received: 1,410
Credits received: 23,410
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Invader, Master Gunner, Reaper, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

I've been playing for a couple months now, Russian heavies seem to be my thing.

Victory!
Battle: Karelia November-29-12 9:23:55 PM
Vehicle: IS
Experience received: 4,310 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 55,935
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Man, I've been doing it for most of the year but I still have to grind up the IS...though most of it is that I dabble in a tree and then get distracted by another one, so I have a collection of Shermangs, a KV-3, a KV-1S, TDs of various kinds etc :)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Hey, um, not to be a killjoy or anything, but haven't we passed the limit lol?

Also, the most annoying thing in the world is when you do very well, die, and then your team loses anyway. Had a run with my M6 a few nights ago where I bullrushed through an enemy T1 HT, and flattened two enemy mediums (a VK and a Sherman, I think) and went in and absorbed shots while my team killed their KV-1S, a TD, and their Priest, and then an M8A1 killed me. We were right at their base, so I don't know how in the world my team managed to all get killed.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Mountain Pass Friday, November 30, 2012 3:11:59 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 1,458 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 17,348
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

And that is what happens when you use the T-150 correctly. Which is as a big bullet sponge :P

In all seriousness though, that's with only two kills and taking 20 hits. And with just the 85mm, not the 107. This tank is proving to be very much an upsized KV-1 and I'm loving it. Might be a keeper.

And I think Imp may be right...shouldn't we have a WoT Mk.3 now? Just curious.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

The last thread was 100+ pages and I don't think anything has ever needed to be pruned from either thread.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Neither do I. But always safe to make sure :P
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

True, it never does hurt.

In other news I'm apparently good with American heavies. I'm rocking a 55% win rate with my T34; though at under 200 games it's still a bit of a small sample size.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I on the other hand suck with them. Just gave up grinding the T1 in favor of Murrican Arty. Russian heavies though...there I'm good. The KV-1 and T-150 are probably my best (non-3601) tanks.

EDIT: That being said, even my 3601 is only at 395 battles, with a 52% win-rate. In second would be the KV-1 with 150 and a 50% win-rate. Third is PzIII/IV with 146 and a 45% win-rate. Evidently I favor heavy armor over speed.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

My M4 has a 50/50 win rate, but I think I'm mainly getting unlucky with teams. I'm almost always top 3 on my team in that tank, but it hasn't be translating to wins.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Same here. I tend to do well in my tanks, but it doesn't matter when the team falls apart. Or are idiots, which is why I disabled encounter since they all rush the hill on Himmelsdorf and lose the match that way.

As for my III/IV and its somewhat dismal stats...that's probably because I was still a NOOB when I was playing that tank. I'd probably do better now than I did the first time, since I think that was my first T5 tank.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

The III/IV is a rough tank right now, before the gold rounds for credits it was well on par with any medium out there, but now it straight up loses to anything loading a big gun with heat rounds. I can still get good rounds in with it, but I find the M4 is just a better tank all around.

Also, to go a post back, how many matches did you run in a T29 or higher American heavy?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

About a couple dozen on the Test Server. But by the same token, I also ran about the same amount in the higher tier Russian heavies (or rather, the KV-3 line of Russian heavies), and preferred them.

As for the III/IV...I played it back around when 7.5 came out, so it has been quite some time. No real desire to play it again either, since the 3601 is so much better.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

That works then, I just wasn't sure if you quit the line based on the M1/M6 or if you'd tried the end line tanks.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Lost the battle...but I just killed an M6 in my M37, and damaged a Heavy Churchill. This is with a stock T3 arty...I'm impressed with myself :P
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Holy buckets! I think I just had my best battle EVER:

Victory!
Battle: El Halluf Friday, November 30, 2012 4:57:21 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw V Panther
Experience received: 2,474 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 45,882
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Killed six vehicles and pretty much singlehandedly turned the game around. I love my Panther!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Same here. I tend to do well in my tanks, but it doesn't matter when the team falls apart. Or are idiots, which is why I disabled encounter since they all rush the hill on Himmelsdorf and lose the match that way.
The thing is that whichever team wins the hill, usually ends with a few more surviving, but damaged tanks then the other team, along with access to the enemy flank.

Problem is that group think doesn't always make for the best allocation and this causes more tanks then needed pinned down on hill
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah, but that's the problem. I acknowledge that it could be useful...but not when you send ALL the team except the arty and a couple of tanks up the hill, and proceed to camp the thing. Which is what most often happened when I played it.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT:

I just LOOVVEEE the idiot teams that let not one...but two scouts get in the back and hit me when I'm playing arty. Is it that bloody hard to watch my back? :banghead:
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Ghetto EDIT:

I just LOOVVEEE the idiot teams that let not one...but two scouts get in the back and hit me when I'm playing arty. Is it that bloody hard to watch my back? :banghead:

Its great, isn't it? Its like, not only do they not watch your back, they wave the scouts through and go "Hey, he's over there, have at him."
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Considering what some people feel about Arty, it wouldn't surprise me if some of them DID do that :P
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

The greatest is when, after ignoring a pair of scouts on a kill mission, your (losing) team complains that they didn't get any arty support. Maybe you'd have gotten some support if you hadn't let my Hummel be boarded by the crew of a T-50.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:26:59 PM
Vehicle: KV-1
Experience received: 2,766 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 70,894
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

1383 experience without a premium boost is, I think, my best round ever. I know I got a few good rounds in with my T29 during beta, but I don't think there's any way to actually go back and find those stats, is there?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

1,177 is my best non-premium/non-doubled XP number. And that was with my KV-1 too :P
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Ghetto EDIT:

I've had that happen more times than I can count.

Best time was when they let two ELC AMXs through and then blamed ME for only killing one of them (which I could only do because the other arty was rammed by it, and the ELC got tracked from the impact), as the second proceeded to flank all of the heavies and send shots up their asses.