World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Friday, December 21, 2012 7:34:15 AM
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 4,555 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 30,722

WOOT!

I was even top of the team with 911 xp before multiplier. Also made 14k after repair and ammo expenses. Survived the match too.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Ooooh, 5x XP again?

Cool, might be an excuse to finally break out all my tanks. I kinda lost heart for the grind when they reshuffled the murrican tech tree and it turned out you need 50k XP now in order to go into the Heavy line from the Jumbo...I was SO CLOSE :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Arctic Region Friday, December 21, 2012 5:02:42 AM
Vehicle: Matilda
Experience received: 2,515 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 18,574
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

5x XP couldn't have come at a better time, because I'm now this close to graduating to the Churchill I from my Matilda. Would have done it a long time ago if they hadn't jacked up the XP cost from 8k to 11.5k.

In other news, that's the second time I got Steel Wall today. Survived getting pounded on by a KV-1, T14, and random artillery and light tanks this time around.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Victory!
Battle: Cliff 21 December 2012 14:33:30
Vehicle: Cromwell
Experience received: 1,223
Credits received: 27,205
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

Still not ace tanker. Fairly sure that the only people who have it are witches and should be burned at the stake.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

The new holiday garage is adorable. I want it be my permanent garage skin.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

For only 1500 gold, it could be! :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Defeat
Battle: Erlenberg Friday, December 21, 2012 10:02:32 AM
Vehicle: M18 Hellcat
Experience received: 1,014
Credits received: 33,283
Battle Achievements: De Langlade's Medal, Top Gun, Defender

Sad. I got the winning shot knocked away from me by my own teammate. A friendly churchill decided to ram and kill my hidden camo'ed Hellcat as I was about to kill the last capper.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Well that's just mean. The two tanks I played last night and got the x2 bonus for already don't have a shot at the x5 today, but the tanks I don't care about as much and didn't play last night all do.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Defeat
Battle: Cliff Friday, December 21, 2012 3:17:45 PM
Vehicle: T1 Heavy Tank
Experience received: 903 (fine for causing damage to allies: 60)
Credits received: 58,248 (fine for causing damage to allies: 1,665)

I was fighting a Stug and an idiot stuart drove between us and died instantly to my shell. 903 experience I damaged nine tanks and killed five but one of the French TD's fucked me up. I looked around after killing all those tanks it was 7 to 2... Except for that TD nothing but the KV which was almost dead could have touched me.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Normally I tend to get my first victory of the day bonuses on mediocre rounds, but I finally had a nice exception!

Victory!
Battle: Ensk Friday, December 21, 2012 7:57:43 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 5,195 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 21,558
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

It's also the second time since beta I've managed 7 kills so I'm pretty happy.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Still hoping they won't notice how much I'm winning in the Cromwell. 259 battles and a 62.5% win rate now, it machineguns through everything it meets with the 75mm HV.

It probably helps that it's basically the same gun as the 75mm SA50 from the AMX 12/13 lines, and I'm used to using it to find chinks in tier 10s, so when you give me a field full of soft targets I have a field day.
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

Well, the time has finally come for The Great Arty Nerf of 2013 and there was much rejoicing. So far it looks like a cap on the number of arty per game, adding new mid-tier arty while re-tiering some so that the arty lines go up to tier 10, and a nerf to arty in general. No real details so far on numbers or time, but it looks like Wargaming finally admitted that high tier arty parties were just plain stupid and completely out of hand.

On a different note, I'm really hit and miss on the Cromwell. Some games I do great on and rack up kills, spots and damage like nothing else. Other games I can't pen shit and die after being tracked by the first thing that shoots in my general direction. Still more fun then the Churchill VII (although I lack the upgraded turret and gun) which is slow, painful, and in the same tier as the KV-S1 which just shits all over it.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Broken wrote:Well, the time has finally come for The Great Arty Nerf of 2013 and there was much rejoicing. So far it looks like a cap on the number of arty per game, adding new mid-tier arty while re-tiering some so that the arty lines go up to tier 10, and a nerf to arty in general. No real details so far on numbers or time, but it looks like Wargaming finally admitted that high tier arty parties were just plain stupid and completely out of hand.

On a different note, I'm really hit and miss on the Cromwell. Some games I do great on and rack up kills, spots and damage like nothing else. Other games I can't pen shit and die after being tracked by the first thing that shoots in my general direction. Still more fun then the Churchill VII (although I lack the upgraded turret and gun) which is slow, painful, and in the same tier as the KV-S1 which just shits all over it.
And the Maus drivers rejoiced.

"We are no longer reduced to being scouts in 5+ (per side) arty matches!"
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

About bloody time, maybe I'll be able to take my E-100 out in pubs again.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Broken wrote: On a different note, I'm really hit and miss on the Cromwell. Some games I do great on and rack up kills, spots and damage like nothing else. Other games I can't pen shit and die after being tracked by the first thing that shoots in my general direction. Still more fun then the Churchill VII (although I lack the upgraded turret and gun) which is slow, painful, and in the same tier as the KV-S1 which just shits all over it.
Hmm...interesting, I generally avoid Churchill VII's in my Sport, because they have an annoying way of bouncing my 1000 credit shells. Also, high ROF gun + Sport's light armor = PAIN.

EDIT: Also, I finally got the best gun and turret for the AMX-40. I got pasted. I then added a spall liner for a mere 50k. And suddenly I am untouachble.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Churchill VII with proper angling is perfectly capable of bouncing a shell from a KV-1S and then DPM'ing it to death before it gets more than one more shell out. I've actually seen it in company battles unlike most other heavies.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Hehehehe.

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:15:20 PM
Vehicle: KV-5
Experience received: 10,805 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 129,205
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

This thing is crazy on city maps, since you can hide the R2-D2 so easily. Did nearly 5k damage, killed 4 tier 8s myself and damaged a tier 9 and tier 7.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

PeZook wrote:
Broken wrote: On a different note, I'm really hit and miss on the Cromwell. Some games I do great on and rack up kills, spots and damage like nothing else. Other games I can't pen shit and die after being tracked by the first thing that shoots in my general direction. Still more fun then the Churchill VII (although I lack the upgraded turret and gun) which is slow, painful, and in the same tier as the KV-S1 which just shits all over it.
Hmm...interesting, I generally avoid Churchill VII's in my Sport, because they have an annoying way of bouncing my 1000 credit shells. Also, high ROF gun + Sport's light armor = PAIN.

EDIT: Also, I finally got the best gun and turret for the AMX-40. I got pasted. I then added a spall liner for a mere 50k. And suddenly I am untouachble.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm generally wary of a KV Sport when I'm in my heavy Churchill, because the shots that don't bounce fucking HURT. I prefer to keep some range on them, so that I can take advantage of the Russian view of "accuracy."

The AMX 40 is funny like that, I once bounced a shot from my IS-3 off of one.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I have to say, I am enjoying the M10 Wolverine very much.

Today I had the only match where I have survived for a considerable time with both a damaged engine and dead driver. Hell, when the engine got shot out by a JgPanther I just barely made it via coasting behind a rock by the time he reloaded, and a Chaffee later killed my driver. After that I managed to hit a KV-2 twice and damage a KV-1S before the 1S killed me. Unfortunately we lost the match since there was one surviving defender and the only tank who could have done something, our artillery, ran like a coward, despite the fact that the last enemy was so weak that a single near-miss would've killed it. I understand, as a person who likes artillery myself, that it can be scary. But trying and failing is a lot better than running away and losing regardless.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Ghetto edit:

Last battle of the night, only the 11th match in the M10, and I got a nice little badge:

Victory!
Battle: Port Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:16:46 AM
Vehicle: M10 Wolverine
Experience received: 585
Credits received: 11,940
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Airfield Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:23:22 PM
Vehicle: M3 Lee
Experience received: 772
Credits received: 13,183 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 400)
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Sharpshooter, Kay's Medal III Class, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Too bad I already got my 5x XP bonus, because 3860 XP would be very useful for me at the moment. As for the six tanks I killed, let's see... Smacked down an M2 Medium that was foolish enough to get in front of me, entered a slugging match with a Churchill I and won, outflanked a Matilda and sent a shell through its side, took out a cripped AMX 40 as revenge for it damaging one of my tracks earlier, and ensured a successful base capture by taking out the T-34 and Panzer IV that rushed forward trying to defend. A shame I don't save replays, because that's probably the high point of my pathetic career so far.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Well fuck. I just got 1711 NON-DOUBLED XP on my T71 Light Tank, and it's only good enough for SECOND class! People must be making a killing in this tank... I just solo'ed a pair of T34s and an IS3 with this slaughterwagon.
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

The T71 scares me when I'm in a Russian slow-heavy.
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Arty, I feel for you. Nobody likes you. They bitch at you for not supporting them when they were doing something stupid and you were busy supporting your team at a crucial point on another part of the map. They bitch at you because you can kill them from across the map. It's very hard to get your team to protect you or even for your team's lights to chase down that light tank that's gunning right for your position and lighting you up. You have paper thin armour and when an enemy closes in you have one chance to destroy an enemy tank before it kills you thanks to your really long reload.

I understand all that.

But fuck you for trying to get to get heavy tanks (top tier ones at that) to stay back at our cap to guard your ass. They have better shit to be doing, like spearheading towards the enemy cap. If the time comes when a heavy tank is required to guard your worthless asses, we're already losing. This is especially true in mid-tier battles, where's there two or three heavies per side.

In three different matches today I had that happen. Stupidest thing was that all three times the heavy tank the arty named actually did it. All three times the heavy tank named was the one on the top of the list.

Surprisingly enough we actually managed to win one of those battles, but it was a close thing.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

My T-150 at 80hp bounced a shell from a KV-2 at ten paces. Poor bastard must've been running HEAT and just wasted 8000 credits losing the match for his team.