World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by xthetenth »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Victory!
Battle: Westfield Friday, December 28, 2012 5:49:38 PM
Vehicle: T-44
Experience received: 3,614 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 40,452
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Invader, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Really, that's not ace tanker? This must be one hell of a tank fully upgraded, I've still got stock engine, stock turret and the second 85mm.
I had a 74% win rate, 141 kills in 98 battles, 913 average xp, and 1992 max xp in that thing. It kind of is one hell of a tank fully upgraded.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Defeat
Battle: Murovanka Friday, December 28, 2012 8:01:05 PM
Vehicle: M3 Lee
Experience received: 687
Credits received: 11,864
Battle Achievements: Sniper

That match pretty much degenerated into a clusterfuck. Should've ordered the surviving members of my team to reset the cap, though it may not have made much difference considering speed, distance, and enemy firepower. At least I got something out of it for my trouble.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Our team's scout rammed me at the starting gate and about a minute in an ally ends up wrecking my ammo rack, but I still made off with one of my best rounds. Had I been able to reload faster I would've netted three more kills to get my first 9 kill match ever, but oh well.

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:10:47 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 2,494 (fine for causing damage to allies: 12; x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 27,587 (fine for causing damage to allies: 1,020; compensation for damage caused by allies: 845)
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

I never thought getting two top guns in two days could piss me off.

Both times, I only got them because the rest of my team were morons. Both times, when I noticed on the minimap that an entire flank had fallen and the enemy had a clear run to our cap, I was the only one to turn back. Both times I was the slowest tank. And both times, as I'm single handedly defending the cap, my teams attacking force is utterly destroyed leaving me to try to do that myself as well. I only managed to win one of those games.

I swear, it's like I'm the only one in this game with a minimap. That could explain that one time I managed to kill an arty by circling around it just a few meters behind an enemy tank destroyer that never realised I was there.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

The LB-1 Cannon really changed the T-44. It used to be a dog, along with the T-43, as barely being upgraded from the T-34-85, but that changed with the LB-1 and some small soft stat enhancements.
applejack
Padawan Learner

Post by applejack »

Victory!
Battle: Cliff Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:32:55 PM
Vehicle: T-34-85
Experience received: 1,237
Credits received: 46,164
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

Best game in my T-34-85 yet! :D The team broke up evenly into three groups - left, center, and right. Most of the top heavies went right and encountered no resistance around the mountain but caught a few of their heavies just starting to approach the center from their side. I went to the center and dodged between the houses and outcrops and helped blow away four guys, including a KV-1S that I and another tank circled and destroyed, a T49 TD that I rammed and shot, and a vk3601 that had gotten to the south side of the cliff and overlooked our base and was facing away from me. Shot that guy in the ass. Twice. I also finished off a wounded T1 heavy somewhere along the way, but I'm a bit blurry on the details. After the center got cleared, I shot into the ass of a t-150 and blew it up. Last kill was of a vk3601 hugging the mountain facing their base. I put a shot in him earlier when he was at the West end of the map and I was looking down on him from the west end cliff, then I just rolled down the side of the mountain on the northside where he had retreated, broke/repaired my tracks, then put two in his engine because he was looking out for two of my compatriots coming up from the west side.

I researched the T-43 a while back but am sort of dreading it due to higher tier matchmaking and the same exact top gun as on the T-34-85... Have any of you tried the T-43 in 8.2? Is the play style similar to the T-34-85?
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

The T-43 is one of my favorite mediums. The top 85mm is good enough for most targets you'll come across and gets a good boost in RoF on the T-43, and it's better armored than the T-34-85. It's a great flanker.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I picked up my Cromwell the other day. I like it. Between my free xp and my other Brits, I was able to start out with it fully upgraded, and I pimped it out with vents, optics and a rammer, and I haven't had a bad match in it yet. I'm seeing the merits of Cromunism.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The Valentine can be quite the beast when fully upgraded. It's like an AMX-40 (pocket heavy) but with a gun that can actually hurt things.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

I bid a fond farewell to the M3 Lee yesterday....... And after a day of battling in the M4 sherman, I never realised how much my tactics had adjusted to the M3 Lee flaws. I now peek around corners instead of adopting hull down, move my tank instead of the turret to engage the enemy and stuff:D

I actually can't fight very with a turret now, missing while on the go since the M4 sherman turret isn't as speedy as my light... Also, for some odd reason, I seem to be very inaccurate with the M4 gun at long range...... Guess its time to learn how to master a new tank again:D
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The accuracy thing is probably just the crew.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

PeZook wrote:The accuracy thing is probably just the crew.
Probably:D

I just had a... huge sense of inferiority though. 11 direct hits, 6 penetrations. Granted, I was trying to stop a heavy from capping but when a shell rocket off a panzer IV..... ouch....
Also, despite what might be described as near perfect shooting conditions, my shell varied off course sufficiently enough that I missed the target. Its not as if the range was long range.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Since I'm obsessive enough to grind everything until I get Elite status, I'm still stuck on the M3 Lee, and I will remain stuck on it for much of the foreseeable future. I've already researched the M4 Sherman and T1 Heavy, which just leaves the M7 Priest to research before I can finally move on.

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

What- oh, you're grinding all the tanks associated with it.

That really is not a wise plan unless you seriously intend to move into self-propelled guns. Even if you do, you'd arguably be better off going by way of the lower-tier American SPGs.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

The only tank I ever intentionally elited was the 3601. Granted, I could with the KV-1 too, but I don't particularly want the KV-2.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT: Also, how does the KV-3 play stock? Still a while off, but I've decided that until they release the Leo tree, the IS-4 will be my T10 target. Thus, the KV-3 will be my next tank.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Ghetto EDIT: Also, how does the KV-3 play stock? Still a while off, but I've decided that until they release the Leo tree, the IS-4 will be my T10 target. Thus, the KV-3 will be my next tank.
How stock? You should have a bunch of parts unlocked from previous tanks.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well, I don't actually have the thing yet, but the only things (off the top of my head) that should carry over are a radio, and the 85mm/107mm guns from the T-150. An engine could also come from the KV-1S but I don't have that tank.

So it would at best have the 107mm gun, otherwise it will be stock.

(Unless I am seriously missing something)
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Well, I don't actually have the thing yet, but the only things (off the top of my head) that should carry over are a radio, and the 85mm/107mm guns from the T-150. An engine could also come from the KV-1S but I don't have that tank.

So it would at best have the 107mm gun, otherwise it will be stock.

(Unless I am seriously missing something)
The 107mm is the second best gun on the tank, only the D-25T is better. It'll be very slow until you upgrade the engine and suspension, but it's rather well armored, so it won't be too bad. Once fully upgraded, it's excellent. I prefer the mobility of the IS, but the KV-3 is definitely a solid tank.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

I just played my first match with the KV-3 stock, and I did pretty well. 4 kills including a Tiger P from full while alone when he had support since I out-DPSed him. The 107's a pretty decent gun and in a lot of situations the hull's an open target meaning the upgraded turret wouldn't add much but HP. It's slow as hell though; even my KV-2 could race rings around it.

Speaking of that shitbox, it only took me almost 100 rounds but I finally manage Ace Tanker with the thing.

Victory!
Battle: Arctic Region Monday, December 31, 2012 6:01:24 PM
Vehicle: KV-2
Experience received: 2,798 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 31,647
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I'm loving this tank...
Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Monday, December 31, 2012 19:46:16
Vehicle: Valentine
Experience received: 1,826 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 17,857
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:29:15 AM
Vehicle: Churchill I
Experience received: 857
Credits received: 20,578
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Just one kill short of getting Top Gun for that match. If I hadn't missed that shot against that AMX105AM, I probably would have gotten that and Sniper too. Oh well.

ImageImageImage

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:The only tank I ever intentionally elited was the 3601. Granted, I could with the KV-1 too, but I don't particularly want the KV-2.
The only tank I've skipped getting to elite status is the B1, and only because the radio is shared with the next tank (and it's bad...)

Frequently I play a tank long after it's reached elite status to train up a crew for that line or get them back to 100% for the next tank. (430 battles and counting in the Cromwell, a solid keeper as a money maker whilst I advance other lines, so I'm training my medium crew for it, 65% on second skill now)
Lictuel
Redshirt

Post by Lictuel »

Victory!
Battle: Live Oaks Dienstag, 1. Januar 2013 11:39:47
Vehicle: T-34-85
Experience received: 8.510 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 38.845
Battle Achievements: Defender, Spartan

What a fight, at the end it was me (<90 hp) and a full health t50 against a kv-1, m7 and a t-34. The t50 played a damn good bait and enabled me to snipe each and every last one of them, 2700 dmg at the end. When i started the -85 I hated it, I think im in love now.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

Never had an experience like this. I was on the right flank with a couple other tanks and we manage to blow through a few of there tanks, and overall our team is up something like 11-13. As I am closing in on the path to take cap, he starts trying to block my path. It is a narrow pass and the other way would take too long. He claims I stole his kill (which I don't consider a thing in a team match). The other team eventually manages to kill our lone defender and captures base, while me and this cry baby hang out on the fringes.