World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Vendetta »

Victory!
Battle: Serene Coast 10 February 2013 23:30:24
Vehicle: M3 Lee
Experience received: 1,123
Credits received: 22,561
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

8 kills, missed 9 and a Pascucci's by 3hp of a Bison (B1 on our team finished it, he ended with 4 kills)

Who says the Lee can't get aggressive?
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

won the intra-clan tourney we were having and got a tier 8 premium out of it, maybe now i can build a credit reserve.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Marko Dash wrote:won the intra-clan tourney we were having and got a tier 8 premium out of it, maybe now i can build a credit reserve.
Tier 8 premiums certainly help with that, I've made 140k in one battle before.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Widepark Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:48:38 PM
Vehicle: Churchill I
Experience received: 931
Credits received: 17,004
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Reaper

I have to say, I do enjoy the fast fire rate of British guns. Unfortunately I only made 6k since I had to use two consumables. Exp is more what I'm looking for anyway so I'm not too bothered.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
Marko Dash wrote:won the intra-clan tourney we were having and got a tier 8 premium out of it, maybe now i can build a credit reserve.
Income or profit? Because I think my record for income in a Loewe is 150k and I broke 4k damage to do it.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:There was a reason I stuck with the thing for so long you know :P

What gun are you running though?
Konisch loaded entirely with APCR. Is it blatantly overpowered? Yes. Is it unfair? Yes. Is it insanely expensive? Yes. Does it get results? Oh god, yes.
Hmm... I tried that when my VK3601(H) was still relatively new, but it looked that I got way more bouces compared with plain AP so I quickly went researching the other guns. Perhaps I just got unlucky in those couple of matches.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

My wr in e50m is so bad it dragged my global wr down 1% . If its not fail teams it's just getting shot to pieces as soon as I expose self to fire...
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line 11 February 2013 12:19:19
Vehicle: Black Prince
Experience received: 3,501 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 32,414
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

23 shots, 23 hits, 3000 damage. Not bad for the first game in a new tank.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Monday, February 11, 2013 7:32:10 AM
Vehicle: Churchill I
Experience received: 1,838
Credits received: 14,473
Battle Achievements: Defender

Apparently there is a defender event today. Got it by being the only one to shoot their first and second cappers. Was also the only tank left on the team. Silly M4 went around to shoot my rear, doesn't it know that the church's weakest armor is the side? :D
It couldn't outrun my turret traverse in time, either.
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

Arty as it currently is, should not be in this game at all. It is a horrible mechanic and just makes the camo and spotting problems even worse to promote even more camping. The only real solutions are a no arty option or removal from the game, but WG will likely never do either. As for arty being helpless up close, that's a laugh at high tiers. Most arty seems to enjoy high camo values + sit in/behind a bush meaning they have a damn good shot at seeing and hitting anything that slips through the lines and killing it if it took any damage to get there, which again punishes aggressive play. Hell, back ages ago when I did play arty, my Hummel was almost as good a TD as an arty.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

xthetenth wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:
Income or profit? Because I think my record for income in a Loewe is 150k and I broke 4k damage to do it.
Income. It was in a KV-5. Profit was probably ~130k or so.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Broken wrote:Arty as it currently is, should not be in this game at all. It is a horrible mechanic and just makes the camo and spotting problems even worse to promote even more camping. The only real solutions are a no arty option or removal from the game, but WG will likely never do either. As for arty being helpless up close, that's a laugh at high tiers. Most arty seems to enjoy high camo values + sit in/behind a bush meaning they have a damn good shot at seeing and hitting anything that slips through the lines and killing it if it took any damage to get there, which again punishes aggressive play. Hell, back ages ago when I did play arty, my Hummel was almost as good a TD as an arty.
I really do not understand people who want arty removed entirely rather than tweaked for improvement, and I've played all of four matches with the things so it's not from a love of the vehicles. Unless I'm the most heavily armoured thing on the map and want to bask in invulnerability, I really prefer if there's an arty or two on each side (though more starts getting annoying) because if not it seems really easy for things to get out of hand or bog down without the ability to call in artillery where needed.

Also, Anithyng, if a win rate stays low over a decently large period of battles I don't quite think it's fair to blame fail teams :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

ALL of my win-rates hover around the 50/50 mark. Maybe a couple percent above or below, but nothing more. I am a very average tanker :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:ALL of my win-rates hover around the 50/50 mark. Maybe a couple percent above or below, but nothing more. I am a very average tanker :P
Above average, actually. Average winrate is just over 49%.

Also: What is the point of the Jackson? It has the same gun as the Hellcat without any of the mobility, and while it has more armor, it's not enough more to actually bounce anything.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:ALL of my win-rates hover around the 50/50 mark. Maybe a couple percent above or below, but nothing more. I am a very average tanker :P
Well yeah but it's possible to be just absolutely terrible with certain tanks. For instance my win rate with the Lee is a full 20 percentage points lower than my average rate. It's not bad luck with matchmaker; I just suck with the tank. I used to be good with it in beta but I lost the touch :L

Jackson vs Hellcat makes a big difference if you're running HE; Hellcats die from a single shell to me but Jacksons often only take partial damage unless I hit really precisely.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Oh yeah, when I say 'all' I mean the tanks I didn't rage-quit within a few battles (like the Marder II...god I hate that thing). The tanks I stuck with long enough to get a decent amount of battles all hover in the 47-52 range (I think). My overall rate never seems to leave 49% unless I am having a really good streak, or a really bad streak.

As for Jackson vs. Hellcat...haven't used either, but if I had to choose it would probably be the Hellcat. Normally I go for armor above maneuverability (see my love for the KV-line), but the Jackson doesn't have enough extra armor to matter.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I've lost a good few hellcats to artillery oneshots while working hill backslopes. The engine is also hideously vulnerable.

Hellcat's still a bunch better.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

xthetenth wrote:I've lost a good few hellcats to artillery oneshots while working hill backslopes. The engine is also hideously vulnerable.

Yeah, I opt for mobility over armor in pretty much every situation.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
xthetenth wrote:I've lost a good few hellcats to artillery oneshots while working hill backslopes. The engine is also hideously vulnerable.

Yeah, I opt for mobility over armor in pretty much every situation.
I do too nearly all the time. All it takes to render armor useless is a bigger gun. Speed is just as useful no matter who's shooting at you. The main exceptions are tanks that can actually bounce everything they'll face. I kinda like those.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Jackson and Hellcat both mount the same 90mm, the Jackson I think can fire a touch faster. However the Jackson has three times the armor of the Hellcat... but since the Hellcat has 20mm of armor that's not saying much.

However Hellcat is twice as fast, the problem is that everything it leads to is second tier, the T25 is better than the T25/2 (Which is a slower better armored hellcat but not enough to matter) the T28 is better than the T28 Prototype but once you get there you can switch to the better TDs.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

It's why I love the Jumbo when I'm in a tier 6 match; if I can keep from getting flanked I can bounce almost every shell that hits and if I can get hull-down nothing short of artillery can so much as scratch me, and for some reason people keep trying instead of searching for softer targets or a way to get me vulnerable. I've had several matches where I've had 30-40+ hits from real shells and survived.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I expect that I will start disliking the KV line when I hit either the KV-4 or the ST-1. Depends on how bouncy they are. But the T-150 and KV-3 have both been good to me, so I'm not going to complain. I'm just one of those odd few who prefer armor :P
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Hm, armor versus mobility....

M6 it is!

Armor is sufficiently bouncy, and for mobility, well...

Dat engine.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Broken wrote:Arty as it currently is, should not be in this game at all. It is a horrible mechanic and just makes the camo and spotting problems even worse to promote even more camping. The only real solutions are a no arty option or removal from the game, but WG will likely never do either. As for arty being helpless up close, that's a laugh at high tiers. Most arty seems to enjoy high camo values + sit in/behind a bush meaning they have a damn good shot at seeing and hitting anything that slips through the lines and killing it if it took any damage to get there, which again punishes aggressive play. Hell, back ages ago when I did play arty, my Hummel was almost as good a TD as an arty.

Are you high? My M40/43, sitting in a bush, with a cammo net, cammo paint, and a 100% cammo trained crew, routinely gets spotted at 300 meters. It doesn't have a cammo rating, it has signal flares. Then it's scurryin' time. Or I can try to fight, that works out sometimes, but just as often the one shot I'll get to fire will land 25 meters short for no discernible reason and I'll get eaten by a T-50. Or the other team drops an arty shell of their own on me, its not like I'm not a big, juicy target, myself.

Your tears, BTW, taste just like candy.

That said, the absolute limit on arty should be 3 to a team. Even as an arty player, I think it starts to get really silly with any more than that.
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I expect that I will start disliking the KV line when I hit either the KV-4 or the ST-1. Depends on how bouncy they are. But the T-150 and KV-3 have both been good to me, so I'm not going to complain. I'm just one of those odd few who prefer armor :P

I don't have the ST-1 yet, but I love my KV-4 and its 180mm of Star Destroyer grade neutronium armor, combined with the looonngg 107's 286mm(I think, I'd have to check to be sure) of penetration. I remember the first time I encountered a Maus after I got the long gun. I thought I was in serious trouble, then his first shot bounced and mine went right through.

Or another time, a SuperPershing rolled up on me and shot me eleven times for zero damage, got a Spartan for that.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Mr Bean wrote:Jackson and Hellcat both mount the same 90mm, the Jackson I think can fire a touch faster. However the Jackson has three times the armor of the Hellcat... but since the Hellcat has 20mm of armor that's not saying much.

However Hellcat is twice as fast, the problem is that everything it leads to is second tier, the T25 is better than the T25/2 (Which is a slower better armored hellcat but not enough to matter) the T28 is better than the T28 Prototype but once you get there you can switch to the better TDs.
Wait, what? The E4 and T30 are both silly good and equal or better than their equivalents, and the T28P is likely a better tank as well. The T95 is too slow and I averaged 2350 damage per game in the T30. The hellcat line is pretty much better than or equal to the other tree's equivalent except at tier seven.