ST/RT crossover fic prologue

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot
Jedi Knight

ST/RT crossover fic prologue

Post by Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot »

This is something I wrote a while ago, and posted on FF.net. Any criticism, constructive or destructive, would be appreiciated.

Captains Log. Stardate 6045.456: I make this recording as my last testament to those who survive. Twelve years ago we made first contact with a race calling themselves the ‘Robotech Masters’. On that day, I lost fully half the crew of Enterprise-E, including Commander Riker, Counsellor Troi, and Lieutenant Commander Worf. When we limped back to Starbase 26, we found it and its defence fleet completely destroyed. Debris dispersal indicated that the fleet had been destroyed in one blast from a weapon of unprecedented power, some six hours before we arrived. We found the black box from the USS Sunfire, which gave us some idea of the magnitude of the threat we faced. There were five hundred ships present in the Ceti Alpha system of the enemy, and they called it a ‘tiny scout fleet’. I suppose it was inevitable that we would encounter a race possessing such destructive power and the unflinching will to use it.
Rapidly we were forced onto the defensive, with the ‘hyperspace fold’ drive allowing them to traverse in seconds distances that would take us days to cross. We had to pull back the entirety of StarFleets surviving ships for our stand at Earth. The Romulans, Klingons, Lryans, and Hydrans all sent forces to assist us, but even that was not enough. They had over fifty million ships arrayed against us. We never stood a chance. The Reflex weapons utilised by their ships took everything we thought we knew about war and turned it inside out. Our fleet formations rendered us sitting targets for long-range bombardment with Reflex cannons, and in close-range fleet engagements we were rapidly overwhelmed by small attack craft referred to as mecha. They carried some kind of pulsed-ion weapon that our shields provided little-to-no protection against, until the Hazard team captured, losing most of their members in the process, an example of the weapon, thus providing us with a defence against their weapons.
When they landed troops on Earth, we faced a force impossible to stop. The invasion force consisted of forty-foot tall creatures called Zentradi. None of our weapons could even harm them as they literally crushed all resistance.
There are a dozen ships left of StarFleet now, and we have no place left to run. Our backs are to the wall, and there is no surrender, no retreat. I only hope that…. Nothing else of entry remains.
Titan Princeps of the Mecha Maniacs: Gloriam Imperator
"StarDestroyer.net: Even our idiots are smarter." - RedImperator
"A Terminator Space Marine. Also known as your worst nightmare." Stormbringer
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
HALOite, Robotech/Macross supporter, 40Ker, and part-time Warsie.
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

What's the reason for the Zentraedi's invasion of Earth? It doesn't seem that the Macross is there...
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Jedi Knight

Its an AU where Breetai retrieved the Macross during its voyage home, and then the Masters conquered the rest of the RT galaxy. And, twelve years prior to the log entry, they found a wormhole leading to the ST galaxy, and the rest, as they say, is history.
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

can i give some constructive criticism? I like the idea of a trek/robotech crossover,but don't you think that was a little one sided? right off the bat you don't give the trek side a snowball's chance in hell. the best fics posted so far have always given at least a glimmer of hope and at best a fighting chance (starcrossed, fist of the empire etc) Maybe if instead of an all out invasion, there was a wayward recon fleet..... there's some potential there.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Jedi Knight

You know that fifty mil RM fleet that showed up in Earth orbit?

Less than half of that was left in fighting trim by the time they forced the allied fleet to run (or in one piece for that matter. Romulans in a bad mood are possibly the worst opponents you can imagine). The problem is that the Robotech Masters don't care about casualties, they just keep coming until you destroy them all.
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Perhaps you might want to have the Invid fallow the Masters though the wormhole and start fighting with the masters give the forces of the ST galaxy a chance to regorup and posably counterattack
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

You could always have someone from Starfleet sing and turn the Zentraedi to their side.. :D
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Jedi Knight

LT.Hit-Man wrote:Perhaps you might want to have the Invid fallow the Masters though the wormhole and start fighting with the masters give the forces of the ST galaxy a chance to regorup and posably counterattack
Thanks for the idea LT. I might do that for later on in the fic if I can ever find time to write it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the feddies actually held off the RMs for twelve years, which is more time than I'd actually give them. I think they can fight, they just need a solid kick in the ass occasionally to motivate them (Borg, Dominion).