World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by xthetenth »

There is nothing better than cracking 4k damage dealt in a tier 8 and losing. Trust me.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Fucking cowardly team players. Had a game with my StugIII and a BDR hide behind arty almost all the game. Towards the end, he hid behind some rocks and didn't do much. he was the top tank and he choose to hide? We won, but that was thanks to me and a PzIV. I tried to bump into him a few times because he didn't respond to any messages, to no use except loosing credits and xp to him because I damaged him a bit.

Hey, it would be a great idea that if at least 5 team mates reported you as idle/bot, you should turn yellow and could be shot as a traitor. You should also not receive any xp or credits for that game. That will never happen, but one can dream...
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Infidel wrote:Hey, it would be a great idea that if at least 5 team mates reported you as idle/bot, you should turn yellow and could be shot as a traitor. You should also not receive any xp or credits for that game. That will never happen, but one can dream...
That kind of system is too open to abuse.

Better to just exclude players who didn't earn at least 1xp themselves from the global reward pool, that would make botting and AFKing less rewarding.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Vendetta wrote:
The Infidel wrote:Hey, it would be a great idea that if at least 5 team mates reported you as idle/bot, you should turn yellow and could be shot as a traitor. You should also not receive any xp or credits for that game. That will never happen, but one can dream...
That kind of system is too open to abuse.

Better to just exclude players who didn't earn at least 1xp themselves from the global reward pool, that would make botting and AFKing less rewarding.
Yeah, you're right, but sometimes... I have also been shot by team players who just do it because they are bored. One had 19 000 games behind him, and still acting like a jerk.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:34:19 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw II
Experience received: 1,504 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 9,136
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

And this is why when I troll the low-tiers I go for the PzII :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I AFK rarely, and for reasons- if my girlfriend wants me away from the computer, I damn well go away from the computer. It doesn't happen often, but... frankly, over the long run I might start making up a majority of all the AFK cases I encounter- more likely to be AFK than the average player.

I'm not embarrassed about it, but I agree I deserve no in-game reward when that happens. I damn sure don't deserve to get shot at, though.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I don't shoot at AFK players when I can avoid it, on the off chance they have good reason to be away from their computer. But there just isn't any way to know for sure, and sometimes its better to be cautious and kill them so they don't shoot you in the back.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Why would you shoot an AFK player anyway? You get a team damage penalty, you waste rounds, you waste time, and if they do come back later in the match, congratulations, they're now wounded or dead and so can't contribute. Just report them and move on?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I mean an AFK player on the OTHER team.

EDIT: I can see the confusion though. I really need to learn to be more specific when I post, half-asleep or not :P
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Simon_Jester wrote:I AFK rarely, and for reasons- if my girlfriend wants me away from the computer, I damn well go away from the computer. It doesn't happen often, but... frankly, over the long run I might start making up a majority of all the AFK cases I encounter- more likely to be AFK than the average player.

I'm not embarrassed about it, but I agree I deserve no in-game reward when that happens. I damn sure don't deserve to get shot at, though.
Don't worry, there are people who are actually worse than AFK bots. So you're not even necessarily going to be the worst player in a game if you're the only guy AFK.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I mean an AFK player on the OTHER team.

EDIT: I can see the confusion though. I really need to learn to be more specific when I post, half-asleep or not :P
Why? They're going to die anyways, might as well give you some XP while it happens :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

PeZook wrote:

Why? They're going to die anyways, might as well give you some XP while it happens :D
I've seen people get fucked up because they stopped to shoot an AFK tank whilst there were people still alive on the enemy team.
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

xthetenth wrote:There is nothing better than cracking 4k damage dealt in a tier 8 and losing. Trust me.
I feel your pain. I've had (highest in my memory) a 5600+ damage, 4 kill loss in my E-50 before. It was fucking painful that I couldn't drag that team kicking and screaming into a win.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Vendetta wrote:
PeZook wrote:

I've seen people get fucked up because they stopped to shoot an AFK tank whilst there were people still alive on the enemy team.
I've had games lost because allies stopped to shoot the inactives instead of capping. Just to spite them in these situations I kill the inactives once I get on the cap, since these players are almost always people at the rear of our push who survived but didn't get any kills.

EDIT: I once went AFK in my Jackson and got two kills. Apparently near-dead scouts tried to ram me, twice.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:48:33 PM
Vehicle: KV-3
Experience received: 1,022
Credits received: 25,539
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Man I love the second 122 on this thing. I did 2,135 damage, and would have gotten a Top Gun if the Hummel (who got four kills) hadn't killed the enemy Hummel.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:38:09 PM
Vehicle: M7
Experience received: 1,558 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 19,989
Battle Achievements: Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

4 kills, best I've done in this thing. Scout medium ftw?
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Cliff Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:59:51 PM
Vehicle: M4 Sherman
Experience received: 1,604 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 12,599
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Not very often I get Top Gun. Would have gotten seven kills if that wounded enemy T49 hadn't been taken out by an opportunistic KV-1 driver (who later wound up team-killing an allied T49, incidentally). Also managed to snag myself some base capture points on top of that.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:14:25 PM
Vehicle: Churchill VII
Experience received: 1,914 (fine for causing damage to allies: 64; x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 17,014 (fine for causing damage to allies: 4,470)
Battle Achievements: Leclerc's Medal II Class, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Even though I got docked a few points for accidentally hitting an allied Panther, I still managed to be the top XP earner on my team for that match.

Defeat
Battle: Ensk Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:29:17 PM
Vehicle: AMX 12t
Experience received: 449
Credits received: 11,654
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Carius' Medal II Class

...And I hate when despite the best efforts of yourself and your team, you still wind up snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:47:46 PM
Experience received: 908
Credits received: 20,987
Battle Achievements: Sniper

I like my Churchill VII. Just rolled around Himmelsdorf like a boss, bouncing shots from KV-1Ss (and killing one of them, too), ammo-racking a T1 Heavy foolish enough to charge right into the center courtyard, getting the drop on an unwary Panzer IV, and ultimately securing victory by assisting in a base capture.

Defeat
Battle: Westfield Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:45:24 PM
Experience received: 738
Credits received: 24,106
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Of course, every great victory must be counterbalanced by a great defeat. Still managed to take out a Tiger and two ISes, though I was too far out from base to reset the cap; ultimately, I was the last tank standing on my team.

ImageImageImage

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Lakeville Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:24:45 PM
Vehicle: T14
Experience received: 1,098
Credits received: 30,987

Best part, we had an MS-1 and FT-17 on our team. The idiots had platooned with a Leopard. However the enemy T14 was AFK the entire time (and I ammo racked it to kill it at the end after trundling through the middle and taking out their defenders) so it sort of balanced out.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Vendetta wrote:
PeZook wrote:

On the other hand, if that AFK tank comes back.... after I exposed myself shooting someone, that's even worse:D

Ok ok... I admit it. I got a sniper medal because I was shooting rounds at two AFK heavies from a distance hiding behind a rock:D
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Cliff Monday, February 18, 2013 2:27:03 PM
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 1,032
Credits received: 23,897
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

19 hits. Most to my sides. :mrgreen:
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Victory!
Battle: Lakeville Monday, February 18, 2013 10:10:21 PM
Vehicle: Ram II
Experience received: 3,030 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 50,023

I would've gotten more shots off, but an M5 ambushed me.
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Fisherman's Bay Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:10:00 PM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 1,388 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 23,261

Notable because I killed my first tier X. Turret-hatched a T110E5. Made 3k credits, too, which was nice, considering I used a consumable and fired eight shots.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Cliff Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:01:58 AM
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 2,602 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 34,052
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Spartan

More or less saved the game for us.

Went to our base to defend as our PzIV went to theirs to cap. I took shots and arty followed the tracers, killing their first cappers. Also got 5 kills.

Oh, and took 26 shots. M6 is nicely armored if you can conceal that top bit of the plate with some nice angling and a hill or two.