World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:01:09 PM
Vehicle: M41
Experience received: 1,240 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 17,978
Battle Achievements: Fadin's Medal

13 out of 18 shots missing was worth this.

So totally worth it.

I grieve for the 2 grand in credits lost, however. Oh how I grieve.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Victory!
Battle: Westfield Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:58:32 PM
Vehicle: KV-4
Experience received: 2,196 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 31,478
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

This thing...it sucks in Tier 10, but otherwise...I can't see why people don't like it. Compared to the IS-3 it isn't that great sure, but still. I took 27 hits, and probably could have taken twice that number without dying. And it isn't all that slow, even with the stock engine. It can hit near 30kph on good terrain, which considering its size is nothing to sneeze at. I think I'm just going to unlock the long-107mm and then go straight to the ST-1 though. None of the modules carry over, and I don't see that gun slowing the tank down.

The long 107 makes a hell of a differance, actually. With nearly 300 mm of pen, there's not much you bounce off of. The raw damage is a little lower, but the increased pen, accuracy, and ROF mean your actual damage goes up. The KV-4 isn't exactly fast, but with 1200 horsepower, it accelerates better than most people give it credit for, which can make its front end almost as lethal as its gun.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

After losing match after match, I decided to join the navy instead.

I love this tank. It is glorious.

Sure, not an awesome win, but worth it for the artillery hitting like gentle spring rain.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Don't forget to use the bonus code ANTHEM which expires on 1 March at 15:59 PST/23:59 UTC. It gives you 1 free day of premium.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

TOG2 is so much fun. I saw a VK3601 calling me a 'hacker' because he was bouncing shell after shell off the highly sloped rear armor of the TOG.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...has anyone ever seen a Tier 8 tank suicide dive into a river before? When they are top tier? Because earlier, a Tiger II did just that in a match with my KV-4. The idiot left me as the only T8 on our team too, which got me swarmed and made the team lose.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:...has anyone ever seen a Tier 8 tank suicide dive into a river before? When they are top tier? Because earlier, a Tiger II did just that in a match with my KV-4. The idiot left me as the only T8 on our team too, which got me swarmed and made the team lose.
Bot?

I've seen a few players declare that because the map sucks he or she is bailing out. Someone pretty high up in the match on our side did that the other day on Dragon Ridge and that's the sort of clown I just put on ignore immediately.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

FSTargetDrone wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:...has anyone ever seen a Tier 8 tank suicide dive into a river before? When they are top tier? Because earlier, a Tiger II did just that in a match with my KV-4. The idiot left me as the only T8 on our team too, which got me swarmed and made the team lose.
Bot?

I've seen a few players declare that because the map sucks he or she is bailing out. Someone pretty high up in the match on our side did that the other day on Dragon Ridge and that's the sort of clown I just put on ignore immediately.
More like someone running XVM who's seen a lowish win chance and decided "derp I am going to lose so I will suicide now".

The low win chance is because of them.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

To be perfectly honest, I think when somebody that stupid suicides, your odds of winning probably just went up.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Normally I would agree. But alive, a Tiger II would at least soak up some fire and let me do some good :P

Even if the driver is an irredeemable moron.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:43:37 PM
Vehicle: T25 AT
Experience received: 2,134 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 30,818

2k damage, killed 2, damaged 4. Also got some points for being one of two to go to the cap from the start. A tiger and I held six tanks off of the cap, the tiger died and I was left alone until our T29 showed up to help. Fortunately survived the match.
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

The only time I suicide a match is when I am driving one of my tier 9's and I see 4 or 5 arty per side. It is just not worth the frustration and time to play a match like that, I'll soak the credit loss.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
Tekore
Redshirt

Post by Tekore »

If he didn't announce the suicide beforehand its possible it wasn't intentional. When I crash or D/C by the time I get back into the game usually I find that my tank kept driving in the same manner as when I left. This has on at least one occasion resulted in my death.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Friday, March 01, 2013 3:08:36 PM
Vehicle: AMX 12t
Experience received: 2,889 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 21,097
Battle Achievements: Pascucci's Medal

I've always wanted that particular medal...
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I particularly enjoy getting Pascuccis. Largely due to enduring hatred of artillery.

I also have one Dumitru's in my M3 Lee (4 arty kills)
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Victory! Map: Murovanka March-01-13 9:30:35 PM
Vehicle:: T29
Exp: 2,079 + Credits: 80,848
Achievements: : Sniper, Master Gunner

I knew selling the T29 to get the T32 was a mistake; bought it back on sale tonight. Finished with 30 HP left after working over an E-75 for almost 1300 damage and another 2000 spread across another 5 tanks. Too bad that wasn't my triple exp match for the night.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I liked my KV-3, but I needed the money so I sold it for the KV-4. And the latter is more fun anyway :P

Never selling my KV-1 (again) or my T-150 though. Both are absurdly fun, and I use them as my money makers since I refuse to buy a premium tank. Working well enough, since I can get (on average) at least 15k per match with them provided it isn't a slaughterfest of a defeat.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Redshire Friday, March 01, 2013 7:23:13 PM
Vehicle: Type 2597 Chi-Ha
Experience received: 624
Credits received: 9,151
Battle Achievements: Reaper

Whole lot of tanks reduced to low HP and ripe for the picking during that match.

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Friday, March 01, 2013 8:38:11 PM
Vehicle: T-34
Experience received: 3,450 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 35,613
Battle Achievements: Confederate

Just one kill short of a Top Gun there. Might have gotten Sniper as well if more of my shots had actually hit (47 fired, only 34 hit).
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I need to learn to shut up more, but sometimes it gets so frustrating when people do the same mistakes over and over again, and I tell. Not a nice game when I have all 4 kills for our team. Gotta learn that people are people and this is just a game, not anything important. I guess it's just that life have sucked totally the last year, and I use WoT to get rid of anger and try to escape a bit, so I put more emotions into this game than I should.

(Urk! Installed Windows 8 and want to learn it, so I'm using IE10, but it wont let me change language easily, so it autocorrects to wrong words like crazy. Annoying!) :banghead:
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Man, my last match sucked. Here I am in my KV-4, charging right down the gullet of the enemy team, and having all of them (sans a couple) shooting me, and bouncing off me, and I'm thinking the whole time 'great, at least I've got their attention...now my team can flank them or cap.'

And of course, my team are a bunch of typical Pubbie cowards, and just sat there watching as I got shot at by the entire enemy team...and did nothing. :banghead:
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Man, my last match sucked. Here I am in my KV-4, charging right down the gullet of the enemy team, and having all of them (sans a couple) shooting me, and bouncing off me, and I'm thinking the whole time 'great, at least I've got their attention...now my team can flank them or cap.'

And of course, my team are a bunch of typical Pubbie cowards, and just sat there watching as I got shot at by the entire enemy team...and did nothing. :banghead:
I feel your pain! I've been quite active Reporting idle/bots if they don't move during the game. Hm, if WG made it possible to report "unsupportive idiot", we'd all get quite a few reports, I think. :P Is it so that if the player name is white, he's connected and grey for not connected? I never touch the grey ones.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

7 kills makes me feel a lot better!
Victory!
Battle: Mines 2. mars 2013 18:58:34
Vehicle: T-127
Experience received: 1 924 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 11 440
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Cool-Headed

I haven't played that much with my T-127, but that might change. :)
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The T-127 is an absolute monster at its tier. Decently thick, extremely well sloped armor, good speed, a solid gun, and doesn't see tier 5s.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

killed a tiger P and a tiger tank in my t-34-85. Killed both of them by driving around shooting them in the back while they ignored me for like 15 straight shots.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Victory!
Battle: Live Oaks Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:41:55 PM
Vehicle: VK 2801
Experience received: 8,334 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 41,199

2,778 xp without the multiplier, 3k damage, and 5 kills. I'm gonna miss this thing, but it desperately needs a nerf of some kind. Mainly to 105mm HEAT.