World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Abbey Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:07:43 AM
Vehicle: Type 2597 Chi-Ha
Experience received: 2,289 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 13,348
Battle Achievements: Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

My second Pascucci's Medal, and the second time I've managed to achieve Ace Tanker with a given tank. Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat by just shooting whatever I could. Final tally: Three SPGs (Bison, SU-26, T57), a Covenanter, and an SU-85B killed, plus another T57, a Luchs, an M3 Lend-Lease, and a Marder II wounded. One kill short of Top Gun, but whatever.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Victory!
Battle: Live Oaks Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:41:55 PM
Vehicle: VK 2801
Experience received: 8,334 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 41,199

2,778 xp without the multiplier, 3k damage, and 5 kills. I'm gonna miss this thing, but it desperately needs a nerf of some kind. Mainly to 105mm HEAT.
Man, how do you get that much XP? I never had more than around 2000, and that is very rare. Even a good game rarely gives me more than 1000 without multiplier. My average is 381 (but I play a lot low tier). I'm often among the 5 best in my team when it comes to farming xp.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Infidel wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:Victory!
Battle: Live Oaks Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:41:55 PM
Vehicle: VK 2801
Experience received: 8,334 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 41,199

2,778 xp without the multiplier, 3k damage, and 5 kills. I'm gonna miss this thing, but it desperately needs a nerf of some kind. Mainly to 105mm HEAT.
Man, how do you get that much XP? I never had more than around 2000, and that is very rare. Even a good game rarely gives me more than 1000 without multiplier. My average is 381 (but I play a lot low tier). I'm often among the 5 best in my team when it comes to farming xp.
3000 damage to things that are all significantly higher tier than you? (plus premium, without that it's 1800 something, which I have seen before, albeit rarely)

Remember that there's an XP bonus for damaging tanks higher tier than you, the VK can never meet anything lower than itself, and is a tier 5 light that outpunches some tier 8 heavies when you use HEAT (theoretically there are no tanks that HEAT round can't damage).

The VK is getting nerfed a little in the next patch, slower, heavier, and losing hell of accuracy on the move.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Ensk Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:46:25 PM
Vehicle: T1 Heavy Tank
Experience received: 1,127
Credits received: 29,501
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Even though I've only had the T1 Heavy for a few battles so far, I've taken a real liking to it. 25 shots fired, 24 direct hits, 24 pens, five enemies (T1 Heavy, Pz 38 nA, T-50, KV-1, M3 Stuart) destroyed, three more enemies (T14, T49, Panzer IV) damaged, 2214 total damage.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The T1 can do some good business. I've not been as crushingly effective with it as I have with the KV-1 with the 85mm, but it still punches hard as long as you can keep your front to the enemy and angled to bounce the smaller guns (and having played the Churchill that's just ingrained now). Still, it's a great killer and pretty reliable, especially once you get the bigger engines.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka 03 March 2013 23:56:08
Vehicle: T-34
Experience received: 1,322
Credits received: 32,307
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I love when the T-34 family does its job, less than 20 matches in and it's already kicking that out with the 57mm machinegun. That's a full 120 more than my chinese knock-off as well.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Secret Hint: The 83mm 20 Pounder high Explosive shells currently cost 80 silver. They're going to be increased to 230 silver.

Buy 'em up now before the patch hits, and sell for an instant profit.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Defeat
Battle: Cliff Monday, March 04, 2013 6:54:03 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw VI Tiger (P)
Experience received: 804
Credits received: 29,062

i did awesome, rest of my team probably failed prescool
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

So I finally picked up a T29 this weekend when it was half price. I only have the suspension upgraded at this point, but that thing is quickly becoming my favourite tank. Find a good hull down position and you can be a real nuisance. It also helps that I've been getting a lot of games without arty recently and that's when this tank shines.

Played a arty-less match on Highway the other day, starting in the north. Ended up on the west flank by myself in a really good hull down position in the hills holding of 4 enemy tanks, two of which were a tier higher than me. Managed to damage them a bit by bit, while they uselessly bounced shots of my obviously stock turret. They could have easily swarmed me, but instead the just sat there letting me shoot them.

On that note, it's really damn depressing when your team leaves you to hold an entire flank yourself, making you try to hold off four enemy tanks yourself, all so that the entire team can go down the other flank and epically lose that flank when they outnumber the enemy.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well, since the Marder II is half-off I rebought it. I hated it before, but I figured that was because I sucked at tanks when I first played it. Wellll...

:finger: :finger:

I still hate the bloody thing.

You know what :finger: to the German TD's. I'm sticking with the American variety.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Did you get it fully upgraded? Even after that major nerf it got a while back it's still insane. Amazing gun for its tier.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Well, since the Marder II is half-off I rebought it. I hated it before, but I figured that was because I sucked at tanks when I first played it. Wellll...

:finger: :finger:

I still hate the bloody thing.

You know what :finger: to the German TD's. I'm sticking with the American variety.
Huh, every Marder II I have run into really liked it, except for the stock ones.

When I was a noob people in matches with one or two took to calling it the "Murder" because it usually broke two kills.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Even fully upgraded I don't like it. I suspect its because it doesn't fit my playstyle. Which tends towards either 'charge in heavy tank bouncing shells' or 'use fast tank for hit and run attacks'. BOTH of which fit the American TD's at some point in the tree.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

You will probably like the T30 when you get there then, and the Hellcat/Jackson. I did not like either the M18 or M36, though.

T25 AT is very maneuverable and fast but it is a casemate TD, so that might not work for you.

Now the T28 series.... No, even the turreted one is so slow. They are well armored but very slow. They make the Churchill series seem fast.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

So I've heard. It is telling when I have to use my KV-4 to help push a T28 :P

On the plus side, I've already unlocked (though not purchased...waiting for a sale since I can't blow 900k creds when I'm trying to save up for the ST-1) the Hellcat. So I'll be moving down that tree again eventually. I loved the T49, so I expect it will be the same with the Hellcat.

The only thing I can say about the T25 is that I don't fear them in my KV-4. I've just drove right at them as they back up and bounce off me while I kill them in a couple shells. And I've done that TWICE.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Note that the T25/2 is much different to face than the T25 AT. Now they look a lot different so I doubt you have confused them, but fear not the T25/2 if it is frontal at you. It has only the 90mm gun. Now, the AT's 105mm is a lot different. If they can't harm you frontally, don't give them the chance to hit your side. The side of anything, even the turret. It fires a lot faster than the T29/T32, which have pretty much the same gun as the T25 AT.

EDIT:

Victory!
Battle: Westfield Monday, March 04, 2013 9:24:02 PM
Vehicle: T25 AT
Experience received: 2,136 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 27,955
Battle Achievements: Sniper

Whoo. Turret-hatched a bunch of things, 4 kills.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Nope, not confusing anything here. It may not have had the top gun, but I've never been frontally penned by a T25 AT in my KV-4.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Time to start stocking up on free XP. It may be months yet, but I want that Leo I even if I have to plurge on converted XP! I'm just not sure how it's going to be, since I hear there might be tech tree reordering, so it may not even spring from the DB3002? I suppose I'll just keep on playing my E75 for fun and just let the free xp accumulate slowly that way. I still have another 100000k to go before I can elite it anyway...might as well. (No intention of getting an E100)
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Nope, not confusing anything here. It may not have had the top gun, but I've never been frontally penned by a T25 AT in my KV-4.
Weird, I've slammed silver Hellcat 90mm shells into the KV-4 lower glacis and penned. The T25 AT is one of the best TDs I've played. Good DPM, good accuracy and pen and nicely mobile, with a trolly mantlet. Had like a 74% win rate in it or something.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

*shrugs* I haven't had the chance to get into many frontal brawls with the thing. Its certainly possible they didn't have the 105 installed, or were just HORRIBLE shots. Not enough of a sample size to say for sure.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

xthetenth wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Nope, not confusing anything here. It may not have had the top gun, but I've never been frontally penned by a T25 AT in my KV-4.
Weird, I've slammed silver Hellcat 90mm shells into the KV-4 lower glacis and penned. The T25 AT is one of the best TDs I've played. Good DPM, good accuracy and pen and nicely mobile, with a trolly mantlet. Had like a 74% win rate in it or something.
Ah yes the mantlet is so trolly.

Go Spartan from it once, and the T29 I was facing kind of sat there dumb-faced instead of backing up into cover, and of course I reloaded first so it did not last long. The mobility is nice to, as with a good slope to the ground you can outmaneuver a Churchill VII and get below its gun depression arc before it can fire two shots. Can do the same to a Black Prince rather easily.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Nephtys wrote:Secret Hint: The 83mm 20 Pounder high Explosive shells currently cost 80 silver. They're going to be increased to 230 silver.

Buy 'em up now before the patch hits, and sell for an instant profit.
What is their name? I don't want to buy wrong Investment... For what tank?
And... How do you know this is true?

Edit: Tried to buy and sell a few shells. I only get half the price when I sell. That would mean that I buy at 80 and sell at 115, if this is true. I would have to buy a LOT of shells for this to make any impact at all, and if you're wrong, I'd loose a lot of silver.

Meh... I rather earn it the old way, no offence.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

This will probably not happen on the EU server by the way.

HE Shells for the QF 20pdr guns are significantly increasing in price in 8.4. On the russian server people bought them en masse and sold them for profit after the patch. It's happened before on the RU server and been fixed when the patch hits other regions.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

They caught on due to idiots on the main forums spamming this obvious investment opportunity to the world.

WG claims that they've 'flagged' shells bought in 8.3 to be sold for 0 profit, 0 loss... but I think that's bullshit. It's likely they're going to turn on their 'sale' code, and have those shells temporarily at discount. I'm holding onto my 2.6 million credits worth of shells, since they're going to become nearly 4 million once the price likely resets.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

They've done this before, where the russian server had this money exploit over a shell price increase and the EU and others didn't. I'm not sure as the price will increase ever.

Also, the levels of butthurt on the WoT forums are both amazing and delicious.