World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by xthetenth »

Vendetta wrote:They've done this before, where the russian server had this money exploit over a shell price increase and the EU and others didn't. I'm not sure as the price will increase ever.

Also, the levels of butthurt on the WoT forums are both amazing and delicious.
Huh, and I thought the highlight of the week would be Garbad arguing that Russian tanks were inferior by a metric that would make the Germans have the best aircraft carriers of the war (because loss ratios are literally the only metric by which tanks' worth is measured).
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

What I'm looking forward to is the contest that is being run on 8.4's release. I will be trolling the low tiers in the new German lights. I probably won't win anything, but I have to at least try considering I'm never going to buy a premium tank.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:42:08 PM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 1,018
Credits received: 41,150
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Sniper
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Victory!
Battle: Widepark 06 March 2013 18:06:47
Vehicle: Black Prince
Experience received: 1,605
Credits received: 43,809
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Fucking BOOM!

Was at least three against one at the end of that game, fortunately in the time it took me to dpm down an Su-100, JgPzIV and VK3601 they managed to penetrate me once between them. 30 hits received with 6410 potential damage, 4500 damage done in 38 penetrations (fired 63 times, hit 44). Also that's now my high score record (and was even without premium, that could have been real points with it).
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I do like the Black Prince, though I can't quite seem to get the same survivability out of it.

Still, the main problem with most of my UK tanks is a chronically low kill count. Lots of shots hit and pen, but allies tend not to leave tanks with a handy ~1-200 HP left for a finisher.

A notable exception is the TOG II*, which is invincible.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I don't have that many kills in the BP. (87 in 99 matches), but then my performance in it is far from consistent. And I did have a match where I got 5500 damage and one kill (a loss, sadly, because I ran out of AP with a Tiger P left to kill with only HE, which didn't work).
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

The furthest I got in the Brit tree was the Crusader. I'm concentrating on getting to the IS-4 right now, or I would be monkeying around in the Cromwell. Though in retrospect (considering my preference for slow armored brutes) I should have gone down the Brit heavy tree. Considering my love for the KV-line, would I be better off going back and grinding my way through the Brit heavy line?

And I don't know what my highest score is off the top of my head. 1,177 was the last high score I can remember off the top of my head...I'll check that when I get out of class today.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Mine was 1852 without premium, but that was with the 2801, which is getting its dispersion on the move and mobility severely nerfed, so it won't be doing that again. Shame too, that little monster was so OP that it printed record high xps.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I think mine was in the KV-1. That thing is a beast, even when its not high-tier. And it makes good money too. Honestly, if I didn't have my ELC (thank you 7.5 for the free elited tank :P ) KV-1, and T-150...I would be bankrupt from running the KV-4 by now. As it is, I'm not really making much (some, just not much) money, but I'm not losing anything either. Which from all I've heard, is rather good for running a T8 tank without premium or a prem tank.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT: It would appear my highest is actually 1,264 in the T-150.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

KV-1 is my goto for consistent income. It does the business with such regularity. I'm currently building up teh monies for a Comet and then eventually a Centurion Mk.1, so I'm keeping the KV-1 on the road for a bit. (I've got some good scores in it, too, 1445 is its top, but I can count on 800+ with some regularity, just hit 800 and second highest on the team with three kills in a tier 7 match where I was the only T5 heavy on my team)
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm just using it (and the ELC which is nearly as good at teh money making) to make up for the regular money loss from the KV-4. Once I get done grinding enough XP in that monster to get the ST-1, its back to playing a lot of KV-1/T-150/ELC matches to build up enough silver to get the ST-1 and still have a safety net. It is going to take a LONG TIME (tm) to get the money, but meh...better than spending 50 bucks on a Lowe or something :P
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Redshire Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:55:31 PM
Vehicle: T25 AT
Experience received: 2,078 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 29,815
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

What was funny about this match is that I got my seventh kill because the Panther that was about to kill me had me in a spot where the game considered my tank submerged, so I couldn't fire. It pushed me up a bit and it was enough to be able to fire and kill it. Sadly I was stuck so a PzIII/IV killed me, though it was their last tank and we had three TDs left so it did not last long.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

And thus, we have the Leo 1. Me likey :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT: While I continue to wait on the Leo, I do this:

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:57:32 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 2,100 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 26,738 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 325)
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sniper

With my T-150 :P

2,212 damage and four kills. Quite a good battle. Odd thing is that the guy who shot me (did no damage though, hence the 325 being so low) made a channel, specifically to apologize. Nice, but odd.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

xthetenth wrote:
Vendetta wrote:They've done this before, where the russian server had this money exploit over a shell price increase and the EU and others didn't. I'm not sure as the price will increase ever.

Also, the levels of butthurt on the WoT forums are both amazing and delicious.
Huh, and I thought the highlight of the week would be Garbad arguing that Russian tanks were inferior by a metric that would make the Germans have the best aircraft carriers of the war (because loss ratios are literally the only metric by which tanks' worth is measured).
Lol, yeah. And I apparently ended up getting crowned King of Historical Tanks because of all that silliness. :lol:
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:And I don't know what my highest score is off the top of my head. 1,177 was the last high score I can remember off the top of my head...I'll check that when I get out of class today.
Mine was 1900 XP on a Type 59 I think. It was a match where I literally fired every shell in my magazine.

Amusingly, I managed to get a nine-kill match on my Panzer IV the other night. No HEAT, just good selective shots with the 105mm HE.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I almost got a Top Gun in my ELC of all things last night. Just got shot by a lucky derp-toting Sherman before I could reload :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT:

Anyone playing around with the Pz. I? Because this thing is a little murder machine when used well.

Victory!
Battle: Mines Friday, March 08, 2013 11:26:34 AM
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. I
Experience received: 767
Credits received: 8,807
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Five kills. Would have gotten a Top Gun if one more enemy had been left. I think this is my new favorite low-tier tank.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Ghetto EDIT:

Anyone playing around with the Pz. I? Because this thing is a little murder machine when used well.

Victory!
Battle: Mines Friday, March 08, 2013 11:26:34 AM
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. I
Experience received: 767
Credits received: 8,807
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Five kills. Would have gotten a Top Gun if one more enemy had been left. I think this is my new favorite low-tier tank.
Yeah, playing the C-Version (tier III) because of the Mauser machine gun. Great fun, blasting into enemy Territory at 80km/h stressing them With my 250rpm gun. Having a great time With it now. Been drinking 3 whisky and a beer. Think I'll have another one, Then KV-5. To DUI in a KV-5 is absolutely safe: Only caonnon fire can hurt me, but I Guess I'd better use my seat belt... (Sorry for the caps. Autocorrect on Win8 is a mess.)

Edit: Make that 4 whisky and a beer. :wink: Maybe I should finally try BT-7? Slower but With betterhp/tonne-ratio. Am not sure, because it has the same gun as BT-2 and BT-2 is awesome in its own right.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

God damn it's annoying to come out of a game in the KV-3 with 5 kills, reaper and sniper, no victory and a 10,000 credit loss. Admittedly it was partly because me and a Tiger P got stuck in a face to face brawl and couldn't penetrate each other from the front, so I fired 5 bounces off his front plate before I managed to get enough space to line up a shot on his cupola or through the turret ring, but shit. 10,000 credits.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Zinegata wrote:Lol, yeah. And I apparently ended up getting crowned King of Historical Tanks because of all that silliness. :lol:
You're like a minor hero in the SA tanks thread or something, it's pretty amusing.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I'm always amused by your posts in historical vehicles. I actually read a bunch of posts and went 'hey, I like this person's tone and information, how reasonably p--- oh wait, is that an SDNer? Hah.'
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I haven't been nearly as snarky since I got onto the wot newsletter, then wowp alpha test then supertest so I'm glad someone (who is frankly far better at it than I) is doing a great job of it. I miss killing their alt-hist forum with coffee.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

LOL, it feels nice to be appreciated. :D

To be fair though, I'm honestly not even the most knowledgeable poster in the Historical forums. I just tend to be the most vocal.