World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Vendetta »

Apparently the AT-8 is a complete joke. There's a huge hole in the armour on the left side of the front, and it starts out with the 6pdr and has to go through two gun upgrades before it gets anything at all...
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I haven't seen the AT-8 as particularly threatening myself. I only tend to see them in the DB and T-150, and neither have particular problems killing them.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I just installed a mod that gives me more statistics in the service record and battle results. No Wonder half my top guns are with my T18. I average on 2.37 kills per battle. This includes all Battles, also those my team looses and the one where I get killed in the start. With BT-2 my average kill score is 1.48 and 1.89 with SU-26.

I have a lot of fun with Pz1c, but have a lousy kill score of 0.46 in it. I usually do some damage, but the mauser is too weak to do more than supressive fire unless you're humping the enemys back.

What mods do you guys use? I use the following:
-zoom out mod (lets me zoom out a lot more. Nice to get a better overview)
-ingame clock (shows current time in garage and games, so I don't loose track of it)
-locastans minimap_2ndGen (Enhances the map, gives me "lasers" that track where my tank is pointing and where my turret is pointing and shows view range and Shell range on the map when I play arty. It also changes the icons so it's easier to see the tier of the tank on the map and puts the name of the tank next to the icon. When I press ctrl, I get a fullscreen map.)
-Cmsg+stats locastan (Gives me nice statistics about the game and players, but not while playing)
-Timer crosshairs (Gives me a better sight(?) in arty mode and shows me the time it will take the shell to get there)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Well, that's a first. The tank is fine, but got all my crew dead
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

The Infidel wrote:I just installed a mod that gives me more statistics in the service record and battle results. No Wonder half my top guns are with my T18. I average on 2.37 kills per battle. This includes all Battles, also those my team looses and the one where I get killed in the start. With BT-2 my average kill score is 1.48 and 1.89 with SU-26.

I have a lot of fun with Pz1c, but have a lousy kill score of 0.46 in it. I usually do some damage, but the mauser is too weak to do more than supressive fire unless you're humping the enemys back.

What mods do you guys use? I use the following:
-zoom out mod (lets me zoom out a lot more. Nice to get a better overview)
-ingame clock (shows current time in garage and games, so I don't loose track of it)
-locastans minimap_2ndGen (Enhances the map, gives me "lasers" that track where my tank is pointing and where my turret is pointing and shows view range and Shell range on the map when I play arty. It also changes the icons so it's easier to see the tier of the tank on the map and puts the name of the tank next to the icon. When I press ctrl, I get a fullscreen map.)
-Cmsg+stats locastan (Gives me nice statistics about the game and players, but not while playing)
-Timer crosshairs (Gives me a better sight(?) in arty mode and shows me the time it will take the shell to get there)

I don't use any mods, and I absolutely hate XVM users, there's very little I find more annoying than some twat going "We lose, you all suck," before the pre-match countdown is even finished. Why don't you hook me up with some lottery numbers, if you can see the future so clearly.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:
The Infidel wrote:-snip-

I don't use any mods, and I absolutely hate XVM users, there's very little I find more annoying than some twat going "We lose, you all suck," before the pre-match countdown is even finished. Why don't you hook me up with some lottery numbers, if you can see the future so clearly.
^ This...this times 1000. XVM users annoy the ever loving hell out of me. Just because some mod says 'we suck and will lose' means nothing. Maybe our team are new with their tanks? Or had a bad streak? Just wait and see how the match goes, instead of suicideing because some mod told you we'll lose.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:
PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:
The Infidel wrote:-snip-

^ This...this times 1000. XVM users annoy the ever loving hell out of me. Just because some mod says 'we suck and will lose' means nothing. Maybe our team are new with their tanks? Or had a bad streak? Just wait and see how the match goes, instead of suicideing because some mod told you we'll lose.
I don't have any mod that tell me that. It just gives a bit more information in the garage.
I don't want one of those either for same reason as already mentioned.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

XVM is actually the most powerful single tool to improve your game. Why? Because this is a team game. And now, you know what players to NEVER trust to do the smart thing. See a 45 percenter? Never assume they're capable of moving intelligently. They may know how to shoot. Or they may not.

See a 61 percenter in an enemy tank? Focus fire that target.

Sometimes, you stare at your team in a game, where everyone has lower average winrate than AFK bots. Imagine this: Players who are LESS useful to a team than an afk client.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

I run XVM, Jimbos Crosshair Mod, and a Historical Realism Gun Sound Mod. The standard UI sucks, so Jimbos is essential, and the normal gun sounds are all weak and tinny. This mod makes the battlefield thunderous.
PhilosopherOfSorts wrote: I don't use any mods, and I absolutely hate XVM users, there's very little I find more annoying than some twat going "We lose, you all suck," before the pre-match countdown is even finished. Why don't you hook me up with some lottery numbers, if you can see the future so clearly.
In my many thousands of games I've seen that happen maybe twice. XVM is bloody useful, and anyone stupid enough to give up entirely due to long odds is gonna suck at the game anyway. Come to think of it, anyone dumb enough to even tell pubbies the odds is gonna suck. When the odds are against me, I fight harder, and I don't breathe a word of it. And blame the user, not the tool.

Hell, the win probability thing isn't even on by default, you have to go into the config file and turn it on yourself.

Plus it adds a damage and hit counter in game, which is very nice.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:I run XVM, Jimbos Crosshair Mod, and a Historical Realism Gun Sound Mod. The standard UI sucks, so Jimbos is essential, and the normal gun sounds are all weak and tinny. This mod makes the battlefield thunderous.
I used Jimbos Crosshair Mod earlier. The arty Reticule I have comes from that mod, but haven't used it for tanks in a while. I've simply forgotten it.

Where can you get those gun sounds? I want some more omph in my gun!
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The Infidel wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:I run XVM, Jimbos Crosshair Mod, and a Historical Realism Gun Sound Mod. The standard UI sucks, so Jimbos is essential, and the normal gun sounds are all weak and tinny. This mod makes the battlefield thunderous.
I used Jimbos Crosshair Mod earlier. The arty Reticule I have comes from that mod, but haven't used it for tanks in a while. I've simply forgotten it.

Where can you get those gun sounds? I want some more omph in my gun!
You'll never go back. Unless you find an even better gun sound mod.

EDIT: Wait, there's actually a new version out.

http://historicalrealism.blogspot.no/20 ... od-15.html
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote: You'll never go back. Unless you find an even better gun sound mod.

Awesome, but when I installed it, all the other sounds disappeared. (engine, crew, background sounds).
Any idea how to get them back?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The Infidel wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote: You'll never go back. Unless you find an even better gun sound mod.

Awesome, but when I installed it, all the other sounds disappeared. (engine, crew, background sounds).
Hm. That shouldn't happen. Uh... When you installed it, did you copy the audio folder from res or drag and drop?
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
The Infidel wrote:

Hm. That shouldn't happen. Uh... When you installed it, did you copy the audio folder from res or drag and drop?
Drag and drop from RAR-file to res_mods, like the text file stated.
Um, I downloaded 1.4, can't get to 1.5 it seems. Too much spam and junk in the way.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Ah, got 1.5 now. Damn, I must have clicked a wrong icon first. That was a most spammy site. Gonna test it tomorrow.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I meant before that, you're supposed to copy the audio folder from WoTs default res folder to the res_mods folder, then paste audio from the rar over it.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

The Vortex Empire wrote:
PhilosopherOfSorts wrote: I don't use any mods, and I absolutely hate XVM users, there's very little I find more annoying than some twat going "We lose, you all suck," before the pre-match countdown is even finished. Why don't you hook me up with some lottery numbers, if you can see the future so clearly.
In my many thousands of games I've seen that happen maybe twice. XVM is bloody useful, and anyone stupid enough to give up entirely due to long odds is gonna suck at the game anyway. Come to think of it, anyone dumb enough to even tell pubbies the odds is gonna suck. When the odds are against me, I fight harder, and I don't breathe a word of it. And blame the user, not the tool.

Hell, the win probability thing isn't even on by default, you have to go into the config file and turn it on yourself.

Plus it adds a damage and hit counter in game, which is very nice.
You must luck out, I get that at least once a day. Though I play pubbies almost exclusively, so that might have something to do with it.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I hear from friends running XVM that most games look like fall. I don't get many people going it's hopeless because of XVM, although I have once gotten someone who decided we'd lost because our team had a FORGE Löwe and a -G- Löwe in the process of having three Löwes, and having two tanks that'd go over 5k damage combined is a clear death sentence for a team. Then again I'm usually running platoons in a nice calming shade of blue that help the worst pubbies chill out.

I've actually started pubbing again, and it's funny, I'm actually thinking more about the game and doing awesomely. Ran a platoon for 15 wins in 17 matches all over the tier range and one was just a magical self-folding tier 2 team at tier two as I got through the UC 2 pounder.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:I meant before that, you're supposed to copy the audio folder from WoTs default res folder to the res_mods folder, then paste audio from the rar over it.
Ah, that made a huge difference. Awesome sounds! Thanks, man. :)
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master

I knew I would like this tank.

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:31:30 AM
Vehicle: Black Prince
Experience received: 3,450 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 49,203
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Confederate, Sniper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter

Shop. Wrecked.

Power to the Peaceful

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

<rant>Player Stampi, you're an asshole! I don't care that you've played 25 000 battles.
I think he is one of the reasons XVM is frowned upon. First, he was afk so long I started to think he was a bot, then he did 6 kills fast, OK, that was good, but at the same time, he just started to spout out "noob team" and other, worse stuff totally unprovoked. You know, "noob" used to be a kind of cute insult to me. It meant that I was a beginner, but could learn, but after playing WoT, I realize that many players use it as their greatest insult, so Stampi and others like you; Fuck you and your mom. I'm probably old enough to do her and like it anyway. :finger: </rant>

And now, over to something completely different: Those new sounds are awesome, I can hear remote thunder and how they change to shots as I get closer. In sniper mode, I can hear the spent canister being ejected after each shot and another put into place.

Subject change #2: Have you noticed the "battle training" button above the crew in the garage? I haven't noticed that one before. I did it for the lolz of it, but think it's excellent training for those who are new to the game. I got to try that T-34-85, too. Seems like a nice tank.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Infidel wrote: Subject change #2: Have you noticed the "battle training" button above the crew in the garage? I haven't noticed that one before. I did it for the lolz of it, but think it's excellent training for those who are new to the game. I got to try that T-34-85, too. Seems like a nice tank.
It's good but not brilliant. It should reinforce that autoaim is only for when you can autopen the enemy and that you should sit back farther in bushes when firing or you'll break camo.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

That gun sounds mod is pretty neat, it may even be a keeper.

On a side note, I decided to drive the 'tildy BP again; ended up with a Steel Wall and a Spartan medal after tanking and killing a KV-1S and one of the interchangeable VKs. Okay, I came out with 6 HP, but I maintained that 6 long enough to knock the VK down from 30% to 0. Managed to polish off a KV-1 as well, but that barely counts in comparison.
Job's a good one, even if I'm not sure entirely how they kept bouncing.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Just had a great game with my Type 59. Man, that thing can be agile and deadly. Only killed 2 and damaged 2 more, but detected a few and annoyed a few enough that they came after me and never saw that ambush. :) I got most xp on my team and was among the best in dealing damage. That gun just got 6mm more penetration now, from 175 to 181, but it's a noticeable change.

Victory!
Battle: Arctic Region 22. mars 2013 18:46:41
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 1 430 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 36 869
Nice income, too. This is with normal account.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm still hoping that I win a Type with my Pz I. Though with more and more clan members playing the thing, I don't know how long my 930-something (I think) XP will stand.