World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I still maintain that the T-150 is better than the 1S. Better armor that actually lets it slug it out with people, nearly as good of a gun, better accuracy (I think). The only problem is the lack of speed compared to the 1S.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

You know, I could've sworn the T-150 can mount the 122 o'death nowadays. I would have to check upon getting home though.

I do love the speed of the 1S even with its light armor - it lets me do stuff like take the hill on Murovanka first and once that happens I dominate the entire area. It works better when I start on the uh "not the farm" side though because of the hill's geometry - the southern approach is totally bereft of cover.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Unless it changed on me, the top gun on the T-150 remains the 107. It can mount the 122 mini-derp though.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Ah, that's probably why I was confused. Still, yeah, the 107 is actually really good. I'm not even sure it can be called worse than the 122: It fires way faster and the ammo is vastly cheaper. I use it on my KV-3 all the time.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

When I had the KV-3 I liked the 107 on it. Of course, I sold that to get the KV-4 and its 107 :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT: On the subject of the T-150...

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:59:05 AM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 1,310 (fine for causing damage to allies: 4)
Credits received: 29,313 (fine for causing damage to allies: 630; compensation for damage caused by allies: 40)
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

(the fine was because some idiots don't know how to drive and rammed me...twice...)

Factoring repair and ammo costs...that battle earned me somewhere around 25k in credits. Who says you can't earn decent money without a premium? :P
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I still maintain that the T-150 is better than the 1S. Better armor that actually lets it slug it out with people, nearly as good of a gun, better accuracy (I think). The only problem is the lack of speed compared to the 1S.
The gun is really what makes the 1S so fearsome, but the T150 can if well-driven can defeat the 1S.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote: Factoring repair and ammo costs...that battle earned me somewhere around 25k in credits. Who says you can't earn decent money without a premium? :P
T-150 is the most profitable non premium tier 6 vehicle. You don't need a premium tank to make money, but the best available premium will make twice as much per game (JT88, 23k per match) than the best non-premium (BDR G1B, 9k per match).
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Victory!
Battle: Airfield Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:50:49 PM
Vehicle: IS-6
Experience received: 5,148 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 159,345
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper

6,022 damage dealt. This thing is ridiculous.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Mother of God...
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

So appearently there's rumour that the Leo I line will start from the VK2801 -> Recon Panther -> etc and not the 3002DB

If that's not serb trolling I predict a outcry of immense proportions, given

1) People who want a Leo I are probably medium drivers and would not necessarily enjoy grinding a primarily Light line to get to it
2) A lot of people already stocked up xp on the DB

In any case, I tried the german lights on a whim because I was bored and needed a break from high tier play and am enjoying it immensely*, so I suspect I might actually have made it to the VK2801 by the time 8.6 releases (I only need to unlock it from the Leo LT, then unlock the turret and suspension since everything else is alredy unlocked from the rest of the german line) so I'm not too affected, but still. Also, all that free xp on my DB :(

*sucky matches suck, but a good match? Whoa.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...I will literally stop playing German tanks (with the exception of the Pz I since that thing is a beast) if they did that. I love the DB, and am having fun grinding it. I, however, am the worst scout driver known to man. And I would NOT be happy if they made the Leo 1 branch off that line.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

It's not exactly a rumor, its a bit more than that. One of the devs on the Russian server outright said that it may not branch off the DB in a recent Q&A, so it's a maybe/maybe not sort of thing, but why would they even say that unless they're considering it? I haven't bought back my 3002 yet so that doesn't bother me much, but I REALLY don't want to play that abomination of a scout Panther. On the supertest it apparently had literally zero degreea of gun depression, so even the slightest bump and the gun's pointing into the sky, plus it's way too big to have a decent camo value. Everything else looks fun though.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I have no desire to even play the 2801 line. I tried the Luchs and it (along with the Marder) have a special place as the only tanks that have managed to make me ragequit in frustration.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I enjoyed the Luchs and Leopard immensely, and the VK 2801, though not quite the OP monstrosity it used to be, is still a monster.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

*shrug*

I'm just not a scout player. I didn't particularly enjoy any variety of Stuart either.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

The Vortex Empire wrote:It's not exactly a rumor, its a bit more than that. One of the devs on the Russian server outright said that it may not branch off the DB in a recent Q&A, so it's a maybe/maybe not sort of thing, but why would they even say that unless they're considering it? I haven't bought back my 3002 yet so that doesn't bother me much, but I REALLY don't want to play that abomination of a scout Panther. On the supertest it apparently had literally zero degreea of gun depression, so even the slightest bump and the gun's pointing into the sky, plus it's way too big to have a decent camo value. Everything else looks fun though.
I guess i'll just freexp my way past the recon panther in that case...

I kinda wish the VK2801 also had that hilarious 30mm autocannon, but the 75mm would be fine - it's the same stats as the one on the T-25 and I've never had problems using the T-25 so...

Also, the pictures I've seen of the recon panther are ugly as hell, what with that mismatched turret/hull.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:*shrug*

I'm just not a scout player. I didn't particularly enjoy any variety of Stuart either.
Me neither, but the everytime I play with the Chinese Stuart I feel like cheating because I always do really well with it. Fast, nimble and the top gun is really good for its tier.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Somebody's leaked an image of the 8.5 german tech tree from the supertest.

New additions are:

VK 30.01D as new tier 6 medium, leading into the 30.02D and then the new medium line of IndienPanzer, Leopard Prototype A, and Leopard 1
Recon panther as tier 7 light feeding into new medium line at IndienPanzer
XP cost of VK2801 reduced to reflect it not being end tier any more.
Konisch gun no longer shit without gold.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Vendetta wrote:Somebody's leaked an image of the 8.5 german tech tree from the supertest.

New additions are:

VK 30.01D as new tier 6 medium, leading into the 30.02D and then the new medium line of IndienPanzer, Leopard Prototype A, and Leopard 1
Recon panther as tier 7 light feeding into new medium line at IndienPanzer
XP cost of VK2801 reduced to reflect it not being end tier any more.
Konisch gun no longer shit without gold.
The Konisch is decent without gold now? Darn it...after I finally sold the 3601 too.

So...both groups are correct? Leo 1 still comes from the DB, it just also comes from the 2801? That would be a relief for sure.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

here's a link

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VR_Vc1sbvr8/U ... 794085.jpg

Serb is just a giant troll, slightly pissed that i won't be able to hop from the PZ4 down through the 3601 and DB to the panther line. still getting the 3601 though.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Hm. Soft stats on the leopard are gonna make or break whether it gets used in CW. Good dpm, though still short of the 62As, and an excellent gun overall, should be pretty manueverable too. Could complement 62As very nicely.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

It also (apparently) has -9 gun depression (I think) which is fairly nice for a German tank from all I know.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT: And the 3601 is on sale this weekend...I think I found my next purchase :P
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Tell you what though, the Leopard does look like fun.

I've been meaning to actually try scouting again and the Baby Panther is adorable. I'm trying to find something in that posted tree that really stands out, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe that i-Panther... thing. It kind of looks vaguely interesting. Other than that, I'm seeing another interchangeable T6 VK, a Panther with no gun or depression, this... i-Panther... thing and a pair of unarmoured explosion boxes. Awesome.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.