World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Vendetta »

Victory!
Map: Prokhorovka
Date: 28 March 2013 22:30:10
Vehicle: Centurion Mk. I
Exp: 1,395 + Credits: 39,781
Achievements: : Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Yay. 3700 damage, 3000 spot damage. If there's a Centurion on the hill on Prokhorovka, you should probably sort that out, because it's going to make trouble.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Port Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:07:30 PM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 849
Credits received: 57,910

I greatly enjoy this tank. When conditions allow, that is. Still getting the hang of its place on the battlefield (such as just where exactly "second line" is) but I am enjoying it every step of the way.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Vanas wrote:Tell you what though, the Leopard does look like fun.

I've been meaning to actually try scouting again and the Baby Panther is adorable. I'm trying to find something in that posted tree that really stands out, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe that i-Panther... thing. It kind of looks vaguely interesting. Other than that, I'm seeing another interchangeable T6 VK, a Panther with no gun or depression, this... i-Panther... thing and a pair of unarmoured explosion boxes. Awesome.
Yes the Luchs and Leopard are just the cutest little kittens <3 But with a hell of a STING in the 30mm :D

By iPanther...do you mean the Indien Panzer? ;) I guess it would be roughly like a larger T20. Which is unfortunate because I hated the T20. Though that might have more to do with it looking like a lobster than its fragile nature.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm looking forward to the Leo 1. But I'm going to have to REALLY adjust my play style to get the best of it. I'm far too used to the giant box o' armor that is the KV-Line heavies. Playing a fast, glass cannon (that isn't the ELC) is going to be interesting. Thank God for test servers :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I'm expecting the Leo 1 to be like the Centurion but moreso. Poorly armoured but fantastic ability to hurt things at any and all ranges. It probably won't be a zooming around tank like the Batchat or T62A, it'll be a hull down sniper and hillfighter.

I'm probably going to ignore FV4202 and stick with Centurion 7, but I can see getting a Leopard 1.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

What's wrong with some people? You log into WoT to play, right? Just had a team killer who said he didn't want to play in a tier 5 game with his Cruiser IV, so he starts killing allies. Why not try to do your best and be a benefit to the team? Just because top tier is 5, there were plenty of lower tiers to shoot at. Should I do the same when I play SU-26? "Oh, no! Too many KV-1 in this game. I don't do much damage to those, so I'd rather kill allies..."
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I gave up trying to understand TKer's a long time ago. Especially the ones who have done it enough times to 'earn' turning blue. Its a waste of time, XP, and creds. So it makes little sense to those of us who don't do it.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

So after a bit of a break from playing I started back up again and got myself a KV-13. The forums seem to like the tank and I have to say I agree with them. It has good armor, the top 85mm is great, and it moves well enough to get into position.

On the other hand I decided to give arty a go again and I'm starting to recall why I hate playing as tier 4 artillery...
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

How does reporting of TKing work? Does it ever actually end up in banned accounts?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I think they will get banned if they get reported enough (and for good enough reason). But I wouldn't know for sure.

EDIT: And the KV-13 is in the same spot as the DB Jub. Both are tanks that most people hate on the basis of being out-tiered in guns, and not being 'good'. But if you take the time to learn them, they can do a lot of good.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Grandmaster Jogurt wrote:How does reporting of TKing work? Does it ever actually end up in banned accounts?
You can read a bit about it here.

I wonder how they figure out false and real complaints. I doubt they use actual people going trough endless battles.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Defeat
Battle: Steppes 29 March 2013 21:26:31
Vehicle: Caernarvon
Experience received: 978
Credits received: 44,554

I am literally screaming at the fact that this tank, this wonderful, happy tank is CONSTANTLY stuck in matches with utterly worthless drooling morons who apparently cannot understand the concept of 'fighting' the enemy.
As ever, half the fucking team managed to meet their opposing numbers and... do *LITERALLY* nothing to them. Not a single thing. It's incredible. I was fending off a 4502A, IS and an IS-6 and killed them all only to see that there was nothing but red, everywhere. Pristine tanks cresting the hills with nary a scratch on them. Fucking depressing.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I know your pains. Since the server split I've been running ~40% winrate, but my damage per game, survival, k/d, everything else has been higher than ever. It just seems like every game is a magical evaporating team.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

My win-rate stubbornly refuses to move from 49%. Either up or down.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I just finally got from 58 to 59. It takes a lot of doing to move it up or down.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Unlocked the ELC today.

It's what the Dukes Of Hazzard would drive if they wanted a tank.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Sometimes I have those wonderful games. Played bottom team with my T18 in Himmelsdorf and went to the vantage point at G6. From that little top behind the windows I have a good view of the central park and beyond. The enemy lemming train came and I got my top gun award as fast as I managed to shot my 75mm howitzer... Well... I had 2 misses and 2 needed 2 shots each. The enemy stopped coming, so I wanted to relocate to do more harm elsewhere just to find out that my team had overrun them and I got the last tank. Battle lasted maybe 2-3 minutes.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Gah! 8 kills and one damaged and still we lost. I don't usually blaim the team, but I think I can do so now...

Defeat!
Map: Province
Date: 30. mars 2013 12:56:07
Vehicle: T18
Exp: 478 + Credits: 9 714
Achievements: : Top Gun
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

You can't really expect much from your team when you're out seal clubbing though.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

An artillery player said he was going to report me for cheating after I blew up him, a BT-7 which came to help him and another enemy arty before scurrying away under fire from enemy heavies.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Vendetta wrote:You can't really expect much from your team when you're out seal clubbing though.
True, but I'm a Norwegian, we do that stuff for fun and to piss of Brigitte Bardot. :lol:
Besides, the other team are mostly noobs as well, spiced up with the ocational gamer with 10K+ battles.
Some of the kills I got by simply shooting at bushes where people usually hide.
PeZook wrote:An artillery player said he was going to report me for cheating after I blew up him, a BT-7 which came to help him and another enemy arty before scurrying away under fire from enemy heavies.
So many players who don't understand that all calcs are done serverside and that it's very hard to cheat in WoT. You would need to hack the servers and do other criminal stuff just to win a few games. Quite a number of other games, where movement is much faster than in WoT, does calc clientside. These can be "hacked" to allow you to shoot trough walls, etc. I think many Wot players think it's the same with WoT. You cant even report for cheating unless you do it the old style.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

The Infidel wrote:What's wrong with some people? You log into WoT to play, right? Just had a team killer who said he didn't want to play in a tier 5 game with his Cruiser IV, so he starts killing allies. Why not try to do your best and be a benefit to the team? Just because top tier is 5, there were plenty of lower tiers to shoot at. Should I do the same when I play SU-26? "Oh, no! Too many KV-1 in this game. I don't do much damage to those, so I'd rather kill allies..."
To be honest, I don't even understand the people that are so upset about being bottom tier.

Yes, it sucks. But it's not like you're useless and still can't have fun. One of my most fun games recently was when I was put into a tier 8 game in my Easy 8 on Murovanka. A Super Pershing and I ended up defending the top left corner from an VK3001H, a VK3601, a Tiger, a Tiger II, and a Super Pershing. They rushed in ones and twos, but it was still a close run thing. The only reason the Super Pershing I was with survived that fight was because I was there with him. They couldn't just focus on him because every time they pointed their guns at him, I popped out to put shots into their flank. They were just waving their guns between us trying to decide who to shoot. I even got a Super Pershing kill in that game. By the end of that engagement, the Super Pershing driver and I were low health, but we were surrounded by dead tanks. We ended up losing, but I got the second highest XP earned on my team, because most of my damage was applied to tanks of a higher tier. It was blast.

And it would never have happened if I had just whined at the beginning of the game and suicided myself at the start of the match.

[Edit] On that note, it pisses me off every time a scout comes into a higher tier match (a very common occurrence) and then starts bitching about how they are two tiers lower than everyone else and how they're going to be useless. I mean, fuck, you're driving a scout! So fucking scout!
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Scout drivers who complain like that annoy me too. And I'll 'complain' about being low-tier when I am. My favorite line is 'well, I can't pen half the enemy team. Time to die for Mother Russia!!' (since its generally in the T-150 or KV-1).

Thing is I always put a :p emoticon after it to make it clear I'm joking. People who complain and suicide just because they are low-tier annoy the heck out of me.

Also:
PeZook wrote:Unlocked the ELC today.

It's what the Dukes Of Hazzard would drive if they wanted a tank.
The ELC is the only fast tank I really really enjoy driving. Its a fast little death machine with that 90mm slapped on.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Even the stock 75mm is perfectly adequate, depending on how the tier spread in a match looks (I set a panther on fire today :D), but my favorite feature is the flat profile. Whoever said French midget tankers are not useful?

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I love the tiny size. I can facehug some tanks and shoot them while they can't depress enough to hit me :D