World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by PeZook »

Like all light tanks, though, it does seriously suffer from the "One mistake and you're dead" syndrome. You need seriously quick thinking to really make use of its strong points.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yep. I'm just glad I've had it since they first put it in the game...plenty of time to figure out how to use it.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka 30 March 2013 17:38:55
Vehicle: Churchill I
Experience received: 3,711 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 27,898
Battle Achievements: Ranger

The enemy lights just kept driving in front of me. It was terrible; we could barely reload fast enough.

I did have an ELC try to facehug me in a TOG earlier as well. All went well for him until I noticed and violently dismantled him before he got under my gun. It's the approach phase that you need to be careful on.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Yes, and the split-second decision between charge/scoot away is the crux. You need to consider the situation, the orientation of the enemy, available cover etc - before they notice and squash you.

When it works, though, it is absolutely magnificent.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Highway Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:38:02 AM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 2,952 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 59,190
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Spend half the match being called an idiot for going field in a heavy, then dominate with the Lowe I was supporting. :D
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Imperial528 wrote:Victory!
Battle: Highway Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:38:02 AM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 2,952 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 59,190
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Spend half the match being called an idiot for going field in a heavy, then dominate with the Lowe I was supporting. :D
Because Lowes and T34s are awesome at city fighting...

/sarcasm

Its hilarious, because on Highway you can actually be pretty successful going field, since everyone and their granmother just rushes city right away. No one seems to understand that on that map, a balanced attack with half the team going either way means almost a guaranteed win as long as the opposing team doesn't do the same. But that almost never happens.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

It was also great because the Lowe kept telling me I was being too aggressive, meanwhile the hills are perfect for hull-down and I abused that to great success against a Tiger II and Centurion. Almost died later while capping when their Priest got smart at the end but I made it through.

Strangely our city push failed epically and we only had three tanks go field. They had a more even division but they put a group in the middle of the map by the town, only for it to be torn apart by snipers. At the end our T28 Prot finished their weakened city push of four tanks without taking a single scratch, since they were too occupied trying to kill an AFK vk at our base.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Hmm the vk2801 is not a chubby adorable tank. I am dissapoint
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

So, yeah. A 3-man TOG flotilla was possibly the funniest thing in game so far.
We lost every match, mostly due to our team ceasing to exist on contact with the enemy. The enemy had pretty much the same effect around us though; at the end of each match was a trio of TOGs still advancing on the enemy base, killing everything that was silly enough to expose a turret or tread. Salvo fire is horrifying.

Our dreadnoughts remain invincible.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Tanks...in SPPPAACCCEEE

That is a new one. Should be interesting if nothing else :P

EDIT: Of course, one can remember that in Mother Russia its already April Fools Day. Which would make this a joke. :P

(and in retrospect makes more sense. darn my sleep deprived brain)
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Fear the Sphere. That is all.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah...I blame lack of sleep. I see 'ooohhh new map!' and don't really think about it :P
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I am distressingly happy with the idea of an Object "Sphere".
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Oh wow, Southeast Asia is getting an unprecedented 95% off on all the tier ones on April 1 (and doubled credits on them). Subtle is great some times.

I want the moon map for training rooms. Skeet shooting and moon rovering sounds really fun.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

xthetenth wrote:Oh wow, Southeast Asia is getting an unprecedented 95% off on all the tier ones on April 1 (and doubled credits on them). Subtle is great some times.
Double credits on tier 1 would actually be super cheese, because if you load up a loltraktor and go seal clubbing you can actually make a scary amount.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I'm pretty sure it's actually a thing that's happening, it's just that tier ones are free so the 95% off! thing is totally worthless.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

We have just had a seal clubbing weekend in the EU, but it was tiers 3 and 4 getting double money. Was tempted to pick up a Matilda and go machinegunning....
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

My seal-clubber of choice remains the Pz I-basic. Quite useful since the vast majority of people hate it and don't stick with it long enough to learn how to play it well (as the Ausf C. is so much easier/more fun apparently)
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Yeah, I tried a few battles those new low tier German light tanks when they first came out, but I didn't really like any of them. I think my experience was tainted though at the loss of my previous "fun tank," the Luchs. I loved that thing. But seeing the success people have been having with those things, I've been thinking about giving them another try.

Although, I did find a replacement fun tank in the Cruiser IV. It's almost impossilbe for me to not have a fun game in that tank.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

My seal-clubber is the Tetrarch. Good gun and speed, plus camo net and almost 100% camo skill. It frequently feels like I am farming Top Guns.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Well, looks like we're also releasing the souls of the poor, innocent tanks today. There also seems to be an ominous, treaded kennel in my garage...
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...I was wondering what the update earlier was...
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I also just picked up the AT 7. Oh my, this should be fun. Sadly only carrying the 20pdr A, but hey. 5s reload time on a 20pdr? Decent depression? Don't mind if I do.

The still pretty decent armour is helping greatly as well. Broke an IS-6 and a Loewe in one of my first battles.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Vanas wrote:Well, looks like we're also releasing the souls of the poor, innocent tanks today. There also seems to be an ominous, treaded kennel in my garage...
Lol, if you look closely it says "Lowe".
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

It doesn't show up on the pictures, but there's a pair of glowing red eyes in there, looking around.