World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Monday, April 01, 2013 9:30:50 PM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 2,108 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 68,140

52k profit. I should've bought this weeks ago lol.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Hmm, is there a clan in WoT that isn't about forum drama and fail? My recent interactions with the so-called "unicum" crowd is making me suspect that much of their nonsense tends to make clans unpleasant.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Zinegata wrote:Hmm, is there a clan in WoT that isn't about forum drama and fail? My recent interactions with the so-called "unicum" crowd is making me suspect that much of their nonsense tends to make clans unpleasant.

My clan's pretty good on the no drama front. Actually getting anything done? Not so much. Suits me just fine, clan wars sounds too much like work.

In other news, I just got my ST-I, feels underpowered compared to the KV-4, but then, I only have the tracks, the radio and the BL-9 so far.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm still a good 100k XP away from the ST-1 (and several million creds).

While it isn't 'impossible' to get past T8 without a prem account or prem tank...I will admit it takes A. Lot (tm) more time :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Am I a bad person for making fun of both CarbonWard and Garbad at the same time? :angelic:
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Y'know, it shows the influence a single person can have on a community that there isn't nearly the level of arty whine on the EU forums where we don't have a Garbad.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Vendetta wrote:Y'know, it shows the influence a single person can have on a community that there isn't nearly the level of arty whine on the EU forums where we don't have a Garbad.
LOL, true. In all honesty arty isn't bad nowadays except for the highest tiers (maybe). I can't even recall the last time I was killed by arty.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Zinegata wrote:Hmm, is there a clan in WoT that isn't about forum drama and fail? My recent interactions with the so-called "unicum" crowd is making me suspect that much of their nonsense tends to make clans unpleasant.
Honestly, most people don't bother with forum drama it's just that the people who do are terrible people. There's most certainly elitism to be had, but most of them really aren't that bad and most of it's generic bad pubbies stuff that anyone who's figured out how to hold W and click on red tanks at the same time does. Honestly I'm quite enjoying ANVIL, we don't do any grandstanding on the forums, and FORGE isn't that bad as far as I've seen.
Zinegata wrote:Am I a bad person for making fun of both CarbonWard and Garbad at the same time? :angelic:
Good man. Garbad deserves to be mocked at every opportunity and while CarbonWard isn't as offensive I have a generalized fondness for cutting stat padders down a notch (although I will admit that he is brutally effective, he's way too smug on the forums). If those are the sort of unicum you're talking about don't worry, the vast majority aren't nearly as offensive and generally let those pub stars do their things alone. Most of the unicums aren't at all like say Garbad, CarbonWard or HanZulu.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I've never really had problems with arty, and this is coming from someone who drives arty-bait tanks (especially the KV-3 and 4).
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

xthetenth wrote:Good man. Garbad deserves to be mocked at every opportunity and while CarbonWard isn't as offensive I have a generalized fondness for cutting stat padders down a notch (although I will admit that he is brutally effective, he's way too smug on the forums). If those are the sort of unicum you're talking about don't worry, the vast majority aren't nearly as offensive and generally let those pub stars do their things alone. Most of the unicums aren't at all like say Garbad, CarbonWard or HanZulu.
I found it very amusing that they were reduced to petty name-calling when I stood up for Kankou and basically called them all out for having crippling self-esteem issues and taking it out on the GD forums due to their own raging insecurities about their own stats. Really, they basically admitted their hate-on for Kankou boiled down to them being jealous of her threads getting more views; so unworthy of a 46%er! :twisted:
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I've never really had problems with arty, and this is coming from someone who drives arty-bait tanks (especially the KV-3 and 4).
Those have armour, tanks with armour don't count as arty bait. Go drive an ARL-44 with your 30mm turret sides, or a Cromwell with no armour anywhere and get one shotted by a Grille and then talk to me about arty bait.

There are problems with arty though, the steps in average arty damage don't line up with the steps in average tank HP for mediums and heavies, and the tier expansion should sort that out, as well as smooth out the number of arty in high tier games because currently all the top four arty tiers are competing for the same slots.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

When I say 'arty bait' I mean in size/slow speed.

I also drive an ELC and have used other lighter armored tanks. And have been one-shot by arty in them.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Try driving an E-100 or similar fatass tank on an open map like Malinovka, with 5 tier 8 arty per side. It's hump a rock or die.

I'll always remember a match in my E-50 on the south spawn of Highway. As the match began, I rushed to the city and got there first, poked out from behind a building to try and light any enemies in the area, and within 2 seconds got nuked from full health by a T92. Wasn't even an ammo rack. Never even got to fire a shot.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

As I haven't reached Tier 10 yet, I can't comment on top-tier Arty play.

I can only comment on what I've experienced, which is only up to Tier 8. Though granted, T7 and 8 have been in big, painfully slow tanks. Armor or no armor.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Zinegata wrote:
xthetenth wrote:Good man. Garbad deserves to be mocked at every opportunity and while CarbonWard isn't as offensive I have a generalized fondness for cutting stat padders down a notch (although I will admit that he is brutally effective, he's way too smug on the forums). If those are the sort of unicum you're talking about don't worry, the vast majority aren't nearly as offensive and generally let those pub stars do their things alone. Most of the unicums aren't at all like say Garbad, CarbonWard or HanZulu.
I found it very amusing that they were reduced to petty name-calling when I stood up for Kankou and basically called them all out for having crippling self-esteem issues and taking it out on the GD forums due to their own raging insecurities about their own stats. Really, they basically admitted their hate-on for Kankou boiled down to them being jealous of her threads getting more views; so unworthy of a 46%er! :twisted:
Wait, you're suggesting that being able to make a thread worth reading is a greater skill than being able to click on red tanks super good. That's turbo heresy. REMOVE_GOOD_POSTS_FROM_THE_FORUMS.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

It is done.

Victory!
Battle: Prokhorovka 02 April 2013 18:56:23
Vehicle: TOG II*
Experience received: 1,942
Credits received: 66,582
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's Medal, Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

There were 9 kills. KV-1Ses, KV-1s, Jumbos, SU-100s, all melted. Our dreadnoughts are invincible.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Try driving an E-100 or similar fatass tank on an open map like Malinovka, with 5 tier 8 arty per side. It's hump a rock or die.

I'll always remember a match in my E-50 on the south spawn of Highway. As the match began, I rushed to the city and got there first, poked out from behind a building to try and light any enemies in the area, and within 2 seconds got nuked from full health by a T92. Wasn't even an ammo rack. Never even got to fire a shot.
On poorly armoured lines that shit happens at tier 6. A Grille gets enough average damage to one shot an ARL-44, and the ARL has such weak turret armour that if he hits you there he gets full damage even without a dropping shot. The Cromwell gets the same, but worse because it has less HP, you can still be penetrated and instakilled by tier 4 arty. Hell, I've even lost 850HP in a Churchill 7 to a shot that landed on top of me, leaving me basically useless for the rest of the game from minutes in.

Which is amazingly frustrating when it's arty and it's someone you can't even think about fighting back against because they're hiding in a corner like a giant dripping pussy.

All this explains why there's nothing I like more than dead artillery.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Tis why Pascucci's medal gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

In related news, I just recently acquired the God-Emperor of all artillery, the mighty SU-26. Gotta grind it up and whatnot, but once it's up and running... hoo boy will I be laying down the hurt.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Just because you're better at hiding in a bush at the back than all the other scumbags arty doesn't make you a better man. On the other hand, the smallness and lightness of the Su-26 does mean you can ram it and save a shell.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

When real men play arty, they use only AP/HEAT ammo and stay in TD mode 100% of the time. The only honorable method of playing them.

Plus, if you can actually get results doing that, you're either really fucking good or really fucking lucky.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

xthetenth wrote:Wait, you're suggesting that being able to make a thread worth reading is a greater skill than being able to click on red tanks super good. That's turbo heresy. REMOVE_GOOD_POSTS_FROM_THE_FORUMS.
Well, what's amusing is that someone apparently got banned over the whole fracas (and not me). Which is causing hilarious levels of hysteria among the shitposter crowd.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

The Vortex Empire wrote:When real men play arty, they use only AP/HEAT ammo and stay in TD mode 100% of the time. The only honorable method of playing them.

Plus, if you can actually get results doing that, you're either really fucking good or really fucking lucky.
Yeah I love doing that, and not just in cowardly TD mode but stealth assault TD that sneaks within 50meters to ammo rack full health E-75s (after Td'ing away all of his friends). That is my single favorite shot in arty mind you.

This is my new second favorite. S-51 shot down the 3 line on himmelsdorf, my target was a Panther 2 hiding behind the building and shooting through the window. My round went through the window and ammo racked the Panther 2 on the otherside along side 4 other crits and, well, death. Even the Panther 2 was impressed. It was a loss but it was still a beautiful moment.
Last edited by Agent Sorchus on 2013-04-02 10:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

The Vortex Empire wrote:When real men play arty, they use only AP/HEAT ammo and stay in TD mode 100% of the time. The only honorable method of playing them.

I used to TD in my M37. I used HE since back then there was no silver HEAT and at that tier you have derps everywhere anyway. It was a blast, while it lasted. Killed many a tank by popping out behind an ally after they have both fired. Usually got killed shortly by something but it was always worth it.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I have finally found my match in the 'slow tanks' with the Matilda. My dear Lord that thing is a snail. A heavily armored snail with a great gun...but a snail nonetheless :P