World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Vendetta »

That's a pretty big if, given that it's the size of a Panther and whilst it's classified as a light so it doesn't lose its camo value on the move it doesn't have much of one to begin with.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Highlord Laan wrote:Ha. I called it. The M60 is going to be a Super Tester award tank and completely unavailable to everyone else. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Wargaming is denying the US tree a tank that can actually head to head T-55's and T-62's and win. Oh, they'd spout some bullshit about game balance and "vision", but by now anyone with a brain in their head or been bursted down by a T-62 knows better than that.
Source on it going to supertesters and only supertesters? Supertesters first is how every premium gets released.

Now for the second half. The E5 will wreck the 62 face on, and the T57 and E4 will pull a 62's soul out its nose with any backup. The E5 is the clan wars heavy and totally obviated soviet heavies. The T57 is the only heavy to properly supplement the E5. When the only non-US heavies to see action are horrible fascist box tanks, that says something about the state of soviet heavies. The E4 in most cases is the tank destroyer. The medium tank is the batchat and the T-62 is a backup to it. Other than the Brits the soviets are the worst tree for clan wars. But yeah, the T-62 is the problem here.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Prokhorovka Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:46:08 AM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 1,988 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 34,579
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Confederate

The best part is that I didn't lose any money!

554 credit profit! And I fired 22 shots! And used a consumable!

Victory!
Battle: South Coast Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:55:49 AM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 1,050
Credits received: 27,223
Battle Achievements: Sniper
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Man, I wish they were actually buffing the IS-7 instead of giving it a higher top speed that it can't reach anyway. Whats the point of a purely cosmetic buff? If they want to make it more mobile they need to lower the absurdly high ground resistance, and until they do that it will remain obsolete behind the E5.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I wish they weren't buffing the IS-7 but instead just canning gold ammo for everything especially in clan wars. Then the armored tanks would be useful again.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Absolutely. The current state is better than it being available only for gold, as pay2win is bad, but no gold ammo at all would make things far more interesting.

And the mid tiers would finally be free from 105mm HEAT spam, so that'd be nice.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Part of my reasoning might be that I want an excuse to drive horrible fascist box tanks in clan wars more often, but putting more skill into close quarters fights, making positioning more important and making more tanks viable can only be a good thing. Plus I want to laugh at people who can't shoot.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The IS-7 isn't getting much of a buff, the top speed is being increased but not the engine power, so it'll go a bit faster downhill.... Yay?

I keep suggesting they should replace current premium ammo with one that gives +15% pen/-15% damage but isn't massively more expensive, making it still a viable choice to turn risky shots into sure things, but which you pay for by doing less actual damage on penetration.

They're apparently sorting out the 105s at some point though.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

If Russkie tanks aren't used in Clan Wars...that could be mildly problematic, considering the first Tier 10 I'm going to get is the IS-4...
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Do keep in mind that my version of clan wars is in a clan with choices. Unless you're the sort of pubstar who can get into a major landholding clan you should be able to get some clan wars.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

2NDBDAYTANKS

2nd Anniversary Code for a day of premium and a bunch of gold consumables.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Is it bad I'm just going to turn around and sell said gold consumables in all likelihood? :P
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Tempted by the KV-5 bundle. So tempted.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

If you're willing to spend the money,the KV-5 is well worth it. Once you get the hang of covering the R2-D2 at all times and basing your tactics around that, it becomes a monster. Lowish pen, so you need to aim for weak points and have some APCR for hard targets, but its HP pool and DPM dwarfs any other tier 8 heavy, and it never sees tier 10s due to preferred MM.

And in addition to all that, it of course prints money.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

That, and the gold with the package will be enough to boost my current gold reserves to buy the Panzer IV-S. Look at her pretty skirts!

So, so, tempted.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Going to sell my consumables. More money for the Tier 8 sale. Hello AMX13-90 and Centurion I.

I really wish they would fix HESH though. Make it an HE shell that normalizes everything to flat, but has a ricochet angle like a normal shell, and it'll be fairly usable.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah, I'm likely going to sell mine too. I don't have much use for them, but the money is always nice.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Is the Type 62 premium any good? Looks fun on paper, but I'm generally not godo with light tanks.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Lakeville Friday, April 12, 2013 8:08:28 AM
Vehicle: M4 Sherman
Experience received: 2,605 (x5 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 24,470
Battle Achievements: Invader

Gotta love 5x experience and a 100% credit boost. That match was actually pretty close for a while, but my team managed to pull through; an ELC AMX managed to get Defender by pounding away at the enemy Churchill I sitting on our cap, while the Churchill I and SU-76 who were tailing me did a good job of clearing hostiles off my back.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah, with the x5 and free day of premium all my first victories capped 5k, and I managed a 7500 in my Caernarvon.

Trouble is, it's an event weekend, and that brings the donkeys out in force. I've considered trolling around in my T-34, but I fear what will be happening at tier 5 this weekend.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

My Caer's first win of the weekend was 2k because I drove forwards, fired once and was hit by all 5 enemy arty within 5 seconds. The next match was one I lost for 900XP.

This is proving the pattern at the moment; I don't think I've had a win for more than 3k at all, but I'm losing for plenty of XP. This is still better than the last 5x weekend in which I literally won no matches for three days, so I'm looking on the brightside.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Victory!
Map: Sand River
Date: Friday, April 12, 2013 2:13:44 PM
Vehicle: AMX AC Mle. 1948
Exp: 9,240 (x5) + Credits: 78,071
Achievements: : Steel Wall, Spartan

I think I came out ahead. 5,380 damage recieved, 4,700 dealt. I guess that's payment for getting more xp on a very close loss in the T71 than I did getting it quintupled the match before.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Finally got the top gun on the SU-14 and it turned from crap to epic. Glad the grind was worth it
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Objective 1: Fully armed and operational AT 15: Achieved!

Currently messing around with the 32pdr for variety, and it seems to be a fairly solid piece of kit, much like the 15.

Objective 2: Research and (partially) Upgrade Conquerer: Commences tomorrow.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

My dear Lord...I have never seen so many Panthers (of different variety too) in one match.