World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by weemadando »

First game of Ternks in a while. 3rd or 4th round in and I'm in the ELC on Redshire. Go speed scouting and spot a A-20 and a Tigger coming on my flank, retreat to the river and start scooting along it's back. A-20 and Tigger reach me at the same time. The A-20 hits a ramp at speed and launches over me while the Tigger gets a little bit of air too. Just enough for me to hit it for 50% of it's life damage in the underarmour before it lands on me and kills me, losing a further 2% of it's health. Spectacular.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Tigger is an appropriate name for that particular tank ;)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

I don't get it. Which one is the Tigger?
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

I'm gonna go ahead and guess the Tiger.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

I don't really see the Tiger as a bouncy, hoppity kind of tank.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I'd think the 3601 personally.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I tend to refer to the Tiger as the Tigger, because it amuses me. The 3601 is either the Valjean or the Baby Tigger.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Why the Valjean?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

3601 is close enough to 24601 to let me sing along, that's why.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Fair enough. :D
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I don't know how or why, but I am suddenly scouting like crazy and kicking absurd amounts of ass in a...M5A1. The US M5, I sucked in and loathed with a fury of a thousand suns. The Chinese A1 version, I'm enjoying and doing damage completely out of proportion of what I should be expected to do.

I've got a 100% crew on it, binocs, vents and a camo net. I work as a passive scout and occasional harrasser, using the 47mm's asinine gold penetration to hurt tanks that would normally laugh at anything I shoot at them. Last match I took out a 3601, a Stug, a Hellcat and a goddamed Tiger with the thing, also did some serious damage to an IS3 before a T29 took him out. This has not been a one time event, as taking out T5-8 heavies is something I'm starting to do with frightening regularity in this little Chinese deathtrap.

I am completely flummoxed as to what the hell is going on.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Wargaming's security has been compromised. Go change your passwords.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Scottish Ninja wrote:Wargaming's security has been compromised. Go change your passwords.
You'll also get 300 gold out of it now.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Just did that. Now I have to memorize my password again :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Read this and follow it

I have long used the (incredibly insecure) practice of password reuse, thinking that memorizing several strong passwords would be too difficult.

Well, it's not: a long and silly string of random words is TRIVIAL to remember, but extremely hard to break, and the fact they're so easily memorizable means you can have unique passwords for everything with no worry about losing access!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Got to say...that gold was useful. I have a full stock of 88mm APCR in my DB now. Should make that grind a bit easier, not to mention cheaper since I still have 48 shells of standard AP in the depot that I can replace the APCR with as needed.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It's also largely irrelevant since most password attacks are either achieved via social engineering or, as in most high profile cases recently, access to a master list of account details. It doesn't matter how difficult to guess your password was if the person looking to compromise security can just go and look at it all printed out next to your username because they hacked the authentication server.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Unless the people running the security are absolute unfathomable morons, the passwords are hashed, and the password hashes are exactly what were compromised.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/ ... -giveaway/

Make an account and you get a code for 1000 gold. Been quite a while since there's been one of these codes.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Huh...that's useful. More free XP for me :D
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Thanks for the tip. Now, what to do with 1300 gold...
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

In other news, the M103 is absolutely insane. Blows both the E-75 and IS-8 out of the water in my opinion, and they were both pretty damn good tanks.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

American heavies are all pretty nice, as soon as you've gotten past the 76mm on the M6. I only have experience of fighting them, but i'm looking forward to the T29.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm probably going to go back to the T1 once I finish the KV-4/ST-1 pair. I'm holding off on the IS-4 for now though, since T10 doesn't really appeal to me yet.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Friday, April 19, 2013 6:42:25 PM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 2,246 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 29,978
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

I love this tank. Even on a bad day it is fun. I also managed to pull a 6k profit on this match. Felt nice about saving a few teammates, too.

Essentially, all I did after killing a Lowe and dueling for a bit with an AMX M4 45 was go around finishing weakened enemies, including ramming one of them.