I formally Surrender...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

If only DarkStar was more like you, Sothis, the board would be a happier place.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Akira wrote:
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:If you're not accepting the 200GT HTLs, you're not accepting a BDZ.
I don't. The BDZ is not canon.

I hate to brake it to you, but GL did say that the SW books and computer games were not a part of his story line and therefore not canon. I think the same would go for your 200GT figure from the ICS.

Oh... TOO BAD. :P
Hello Robert Scott Anderson.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Incidentally, in case you haven't read the thread with me against DumbShit, yet, I demonstrated that SW with just canon is still powerful enough to annihilate ST fleets. No one can read that thread and honestly think Scooter won.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Akira wrote:I don't. The BDZ is not canon.

I hate to brake it to you, but GL did say that the SW books and computer games were not a part of his story line and therefore not canon. I think the same would go for your 200GT figure from the ICS.

Oh... TOO BAD. :P
Whats the matter DarkStar, get tired of having the known reputation of being a pisspoor debator so you decided to smurf?

I'm still waiting for my answer about where you came up with "low-hyperspace" by the way.

And for any lurkers here reading this, let me clarify: The "parallel universe" bit falls in the same category as B5 "Errors of history". If there is a contradiction, it happened in the "parallel universe", if it didn't, it's still good.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Now since our good old comrade DorkStar has re-appeared under another name, this one, too, should be equiped with the village idiot tag.
Supermod
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Could a Mod confirm Darkstar = Akira since I do abhor mob justice, by which I mean put away the rope until you have at least some evidence apart from a distorted view of canon policy.

Hmm where are the Mods anyway Crazy seems to appear more often than GAT of late.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Now since our good old comrade DorkStar has re-appeared under another name, this one, too, should be equiped with the village idiot tag.
Nah, just ban it and save us all the trouble.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I would be fairly surprised to find that Akira was anyone but Scooter (aka. DarkStar, aka. Robert Scott Anderson, aka. Scotty) in "disguise."

While I can neither confirm nor deny his true identity with absolute certainty, he seems exactly like all of those idiots (or, one idiot, depending on how you look at it). Incidentally, I don't know where GAT is. Maybe he's on vacation.

Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

TheDarkling wrote:Could a Mod confirm Darkstar = Akira since I do abhor mob justice, by which I mean put away the rope until you have at least some evidence apart from a distorted view of canon policy.

Hmm where are the Mods anyway Crazy seems to appear more often than GAT of late.
Normally I would agree with that, but even is Akira isn't DS (I would be surprised) he deserves the title anyway for that what he's already posted.
Supermod
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

If it is Darkstar I think a banning maybe in order if not then just set Akira straight and send him on his way, his view on canon policy isnt stupidity of the highest order its just odd.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

TheDarkling wrote:If it is Darkstar I think a banning maybe in order if not then just set Akira straight and send him on his way, his view on canon policy isnt stupidity of the highest order its just odd.
If, in fact, it is DumbShit, I think we ought to ban one of his accounts and retain the other as a VI. Incidentally, if it is DarkStar, I also think it will demonstrate his cowardice that he now attempted to hide under another account. If it is not DarkStar, then I do not believe we should even name him a VI, yet, as I believe in second chances, but I think we should monitor Akira for the possible, continued stupidity on the board in order to determine whether or not he should be made a VI.

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I can see why DS would do it since any thread he opens will automatically get regarded with dislike even if he has a halfway valid point but I dont like such dishonesty thus Im partial to a banning.

The again Im just a lowly knight and not a member of the council - I still fight evil for a living instead of hanging out on Coruscant :D .
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

TheDarkling wrote:I can see why DS would do it since any thread he opens will automatically get regarded with dislike even if he has a halfway valid point but I dont like such dishonesty thus Im partial to a banning.

The again Im just a lowly knight and not a member of the council - I still fight evil for a living instead of hanging out on Coruscant :D .
Okay. Maybe he should be banned. I can also see why he would do it, but I really think that if he brought up a valid point people would listen to him. His problem is that his points are non-sensical. I also have no idea why he would create a new account only to recycle his old arguments, rather than trying to bring up a new argument (and thus preserve the secret of his identity). Of course, I am assuming that he actually is DS, but I think that is a reasonable assumption, for the time-being.

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

The rational for smurfing is very easy: The intention is to make it look like your position has more support yhrn it does.

Whith this account, he has just doubled the number of people who believe his bullshit.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Nonetheless I think for the sake of flaming fun we shouldn't ban DS.
We can ban his Akira account (if it is him).
The LotR parody was a good and funny thing, and it originated from a DarkStar debate.
We can still ban his Akira account (if it is him).
Supermod
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

The problem with DS is that Lord Edam was right on the mark about him -he can raise a valid point but his debating skills lack so badly he cant prove a thing.

Just look at the entire Vaders spine shambles, now you could argu that Fed meditech has advantages over SW meditech but instead of mentioning that ST can grow replacement limbs or that their scanners seem to be more detailed (giving evidence of what he cites of course), he goes noto say that SW humans != ST humans.

At that point you just have to laugh (or cry) because he has made such a huge statement that he must now defend (with no evidence I might add), he has all but killed his point even if it was valid.

Also witness his Death Star thread he mentions an "anti-genesis" effect, what sort of reaction does he expect to get from any pro wars people when he calls his mechanism that?

Its all very sad, that being said hes been quiet today (1 Post) so he may be regrouping or has just decided to go to ground as he has done in the past.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

The worst thing about him is the invincible wall of ignorance he's built up, disregarding all evidence which contradicts him.
That is why his posts get so extremely long.
Supermod
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I agree. ST medical technology clearly has some advantages over SW technology (raising people from the dead, etc.), but then DumbShit's arguments for WHY it was better were so stupid as to be laughable. When I pointed the problems with his examples out, he started going crazy and saying stupid things. I think that DumbShit's arguments are hit or miss on whether or not they are even remotely relevent, and I think his accuracy in anything amounts to little better than random chance. While it is clear that some aspects of ST technology are superior to similar aspects of SW technology, his inability to debate in a rational manner makes me inclined to attack his arguments and then wait until he exposes himself. By foolishly engaging everyone on the last thread, he gave me lots to shoot at.

On the last thread when I engaged heavily in debate with him, I thought I crushed the fight out of him twice. The first time I did not think it was possible for anyone to come back and continue debating with the same points. I then warned him that I would really get him if he continued to make an ass of himself, not really thinking that he would come back. I was therefore astonished when he launched his clumsy and stupidity-laced counter offensive. I had assumed that he would recognize defeat and back off. When he came back, I again attacked him. The second time, I admit, was not quite so smashing, but I would have thought that that would still force him to admit defeat. And then he came back with that statement about how humans were different in SW and ST (and, by extension, RL), and I decided at that point that my efforts to defeat him would only result in more flaming. As I figured it clear that I had destroyed him, I figured there was no point in continuing.

I also think that part of DumbShit's problem is that he is inarguably a rabid trekkie, who continuously distorts facts from RL, ST, and SW.

I can only hope that he is licking his wounds from his defeat in the last thread, and that he will return for some time, but I am afraid that this Akira account is part of some grand new strategy he has of using dozens of accounts to confuse us in an attempt to make it seem like there are more people like him on the board.

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

If he is stupid enough to come with a new account (which he must know the mods can easily see if its him) and then argue the exact same points (from out of the blue no less ) then he deserves extrem,e levels of mocking.

I guess I just dont want to believe a human can be that stupid and still type but then again over at the SWG:GSW boards a guy just asked for tips on converting a wiccan friend of his to christianity so I guess idiots do run free.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Just for those that come along without any knowledge of this quote... what Lucas said was that "The EU is a parallel universe that doesn't intrude on my movies, but it does intrude BETWEEN the movies." (Paraphrased) In other words, if the EU contradicts the movies, we should regard that contradiction as a "parallel universe"... if the EU doesn't contradict the movies, then it's just as valid as any other material.

This is not new. This has been the policy for years.
The Great and Malignant
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

TheDarkling wrote:If he is stupid enough to come with a new account (which he must know the mods can easily see if its him) and then argue the exact same points (from out of the blue no less ) then he deserves extrem,e levels of mocking.

I guess I just dont want to believe a human can be that stupid and still type but then again over at the SWG:GSW boards a guy just asked for tips on converting a wiccan friend of his to christianity so I guess idiots do run free.
DarkStar has demonstrated his stupidity in the past. Paraphrasing Mike Wong, he appears to be intelligent enough to type and to spell, but that is all the intelligence needed to prove him wrong on most issues. He seems paradoxically stupid.

Perhaps he does not realize that mods can easily see who he is, or perhaps he believes that no one will notice his treachery, but regardless, if it is him then he deserves more than our mockery (which we already freely give to him), he deserves our contempt.

seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Re: I formally Surrender...

Post by seanrobertson »

Sothis wrote:In the issue of Star Trek V Star Wars, I formally surrender to the ICS and it's 200GT calcs... and the Empire's enormous resource advantage...

:cry: :cry: :cry:
"TODAY IS A GREAT DAY FOR THE EMPIRE."--Darth Vader,
Rogue Squadron II

Sean
Analyst http://www.babtech-onthe.net/
Akira
Official SD.Net Chew Toy

Post by Akira »

um....

Who is Darkstar????????

:? :? :?
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Oh well, in dubio pro reo I guess.
Therefore, (foolishly?) assuming that you are not darkstar, just look at the bottom of this page where a DarkStar class post exist, it's been locked. Now tell us what do you think about him and his arguments?
Supermod