World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Simon_Jester »

What's this about M60s?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Simon->

WG is releasing a new premium Tier X tank, the M60 Patton. However, it will only be given to members of the top 30 clans as part of one big clan war event; and cannot be had any other way (no purchase, no gifting, etc).
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Zinegata wrote:Simon->

WG is releasing a new premium Tier X tank, the M60 Patton. However, it will only be given to members of the top 30 clans as part of one big clan war event; and cannot be had any other way (no purchase, no gifting, etc).
In short, as per the usual, the US tree is getting hosed. The Soviet tree has the T-54/55, the British tree has the Centurion 7/1, the Germans have the Leopard 1...the US gets the M48. A tank the Germans replaced with the Leo 1, and was completely outclassed by the T-54/55 and Centurion.

Wargaming can get fucked. With a rake.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Which variants of M48 were outclassed? Because as usual for WoT, the M48 is a collection of different parts of different variants, such as the 105 I'm betting wasn't on the 48s you're talking about. Incidentally, the M48 is still a fantastic tank for pubbing.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I think this was succinctly summed up in one of the latest developer Q&As.

"There is no action of the developers which will not generate forum whining".
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

And how is the US tree getting hosed "as per usual" when it has the best two heavies in the game that make up the bulk of any tier 10 competitive team?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Shush you, just because the US is arguably in the top two for heavies from tier 6 upwards doesn't mean they're not being shat on by zomg russian bias.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Vendetta wrote:I think this was succinctly summed up in one of the latest developer Q&As.

"There is no action of the developers which will not generate forum whining".
I'm not sure what level of engagement with forums by developers isn't a huge waste of time, especially in MMO where analytics on logs is probably simple.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The lead designer of WoT seems to mainly engage with the forums by trolling them when he's bored.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Unconfirmed preliminary 8.6 patch notes:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php ... s-mugsy%2F
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

In addition to that, accuracy model is changing so that the aim circle represents 2 sigma standard deviation not 1.3 sigma (will mean that shots group more in the middle of the circle, only 5% will clip the edge of the circle not something like 17%) and damage and penetration are moving to 3 sigma from 2 sigma, meaning that the min/max values will become significantly rarer and not overrepresented like they are now.

So, everyone is more accurate, hiding in bushes is less effective so combat ranges should increase, and RNG will troll you less.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

The Vortex Empire wrote:And how is the US tree getting hosed "as per usual" when it has the best two heavies in the game that make up the bulk of any tier 10 competitive team?
Yeah, Tier X Clan Wars - the only really competitive portion of the game - is utterly dominated by US tanks. If the M48 was strictly better than either the BatChat or the T-62, then we'd see nothing but American tanks in Clan Wars.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Vendetta wrote:In addition to that, accuracy model is changing so that the aim circle represents 2 sigma standard deviation not 1.3 sigma (will mean that shots group more in the middle of the circle, only 5% will clip the edge of the circle not something like 17%) and damage and penetration are moving to 3 sigma from 2 sigma, meaning that the min/max values will become significantly rarer and not overrepresented like they are now.

So, everyone is more accurate, hiding in bushes is less effective so combat ranges should increase, and RNG will troll you less.
HE is still likely gonna remain as random as heck though, which is why arty has so many issues.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Zinegata wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:And how is the US tree getting hosed "as per usual" when it has the best two heavies in the game that make up the bulk of any tier 10 competitive team?
Yeah, Tier X Clan Wars - the only really competitive portion of the game - is utterly dominated by US tanks. If the M48 was strictly better than either the BatChat or the T-62, then we'd see nothing but American tanks in Clan Wars.
To be fair, The 268 and Foch 155 see more use than either US TD, and the E-100 gets regular use on urban maps, though just 1 or 2 as a supplement to the still predominant E5s.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
Zinegata wrote:
To be fair, The 268 and Foch 155 see more use than either US TD, and the E-100 gets regular use on urban maps, though just 1 or 2 as a supplement to the still predominant E5s.
Are TDs more common in CW now? My impression is that teams are still mostly made up of heavies.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Zinegata wrote: Are TDs more common in CW now? My impression is that teams are still mostly made up of heavies.
The E5 makes up the bulk of every team, but some commanders use a couple TDs regularly and some maps call for a couple of them.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The E5 and T57 (as many of that as you can get almost) are the heavies for clan wars, the IS-7 is only seeing a bit of a resurgence because if it gets locked it isn't a T110. The E-100 is mostly seeing use as an HP sponge, as one of our callers described it a little bit ago as being actual literal cover for T57s while they reload. Mediums and heavies are being brought in even proportion unless you're PURPL depending on map. TDs are a distant third, and the E4 sees a decent bit of use in cities with some callers. It really gets bitten by elevation changes though. However, the US is the only country with two clan wars mainstays.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Five matches in a row ruined by some piece of shit rocket camper on the other side of the map. Fuck it, I'm done until the laser-guided orbital strike bullshit is dealt with.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

So I just picked up the T110E5, and this thing is ridiculous. It's good at everything with no actual weaknesses besides weak side armor. Hopefully 8.6 reduces the number of arty parties crapping up tier 10, so I can play a damn game without getting nuked.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Like I said before: God loves the M103, but the T110E5 _is_ God. :lol:
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Fisherman's Bay Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:04:26 AM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 4,101 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 57,792
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I finally got Ace tanker on this. And made 32k profit, though I would've made 22k without the event. Did 4.5k damage, mostly by strolling through seven tanks while aided by and aiding a T28 Prot.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I'm fairly sure that the US tree is going to be hit with an orbital nerf bombardment in 8.7, and I can see why.

I mean I haven't scored under 1000xp (non prem) in something like my last 8 games with the T29, it's outrageously hard.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Abbey Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:22:49 AM
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 611
Credits received: 29,970
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Notable because arty was firing and HE damaging me all match, and the last shot I took from an SU-8 should have killed me. However, it bounced off of my turret.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Had a good morning, saw Zinegata while in a match with my T32, said hi after the match, as I noticed him right as I quit once I died.

Later played Siegfried line as the defending team, was actually a kind of close match for a bit. Had a moment of awesome: I was driving my T28, and an ELC AMX runs around back of this build to try and flank me. I start turning as fast as I can, and turn around just in time. As it rushes to get out of my firing arc, I fire and knock it down to 5% on a low roll, and track it. I don't want to take any chances, so I rev my engine and go forward. Bump, and it dies. It felt awesome to actually ram and kill something with that tank without the aid of a hill.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Leaked from the 8.6 supertest. Arty can be top tier now. What an abomination.