World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Darth Yoshi »

So. Uh. This has never happened to me before.

Wow. 15-0, in 2:54.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Whoops, that was the thumbnail.

Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Dominus Atheos wrote:So after this battle, I'm pretty sure I need a mod that tells me when my shots will penetrate.

http://wotreplays.com/site/374247?secre ... 2007370552

13 hits and 6 penetrations, that's just embarrassing. So what mod do I use and how do I install mods?

And yes, I know my accuracy is shit when I'm moving. :P
If you really want to, track down melty math or whatever it's called, it's the best for that, it has a numerical indicator of your pen and the thickness of the plate you're looking at, but you'll have to get a feel for the angles and what they do to shots. It also has an effective armor thickness display for you that shows how thick your armor is for whoever you're looking at. Very useful for learning tanks. Try to shoot for lower front plates as well, they're usually thinner and just see what pens and what doesn't.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've got some replays of me playing decently that might be of use.

http://wotreplays.com/site/374268#team

T-34-1 top gun, 2700 damage. Shows the value of racking up damage early and then picking off unsupported enemy tanks.

http://wotreplays.com/site/374280#south ... tenth-t-54

T-54, mostly how to use a medium like that to avoid threats and pick off distracted enemies.

http://wotreplays.com/site/374281#el_ha ... enth-t54e1

T54E1, decent autoloader work and good coordination between platoon mates across a map. Also two silly mistakes, one just sloppy thinking I'm not lit and the other trying to take a shell for a guy with more hp.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Ugh, just cant grind through the M2 Medium and French D2 I just can't stand them. Did get the T-49 and loving it, love the speed and has a decent gun. So, no premium for me ran out of time and patience.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Following in the tradition of my M5 Stuart, my T21 has an epic match as a well-earned farewell, and a new beginning onto the next vehicle:

http://wotreplays.com/site/375602#siegf ... ial528-t21

While I'm not a fan of scouts, I have to say, the T21 was not terrible nor was it much of a grind, and it definitely had its moments.

Now, onto the T71.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Heehee, just had an excellent game in my UE 57.
So an AT-1, a couple of lights, and I went down the western road while the rest of the team fanned out to cover the village and field. I got myself some kills, and slowly the teams were whittled down to me, the AT-1, and a Pz II vs an LTP, an M7 Priest, and a Marder II. At this point I was about halfway down the road, the AT-1 had made it all the way down, and the Pz II was taking refuge across the river. I'd taken some potshots at the Marder as it crossed the field to guard the base, and noticed the LTP making its way north. Figuring that it was going for a capture attempt, I turned back as well. The LTP actually went after the Pz II, and though I wasn't able to get there in time to help the Pz II, I hid myself in the bushes near the train track crossing to wait for the LTP. After a couple minutes, the LTP peeked over the tracks, and I put in two shots and took a hit before it ducked back down. Since I didn't want to end up SPG bait, I moved south a little and settled in to wait some more. And sure enough, the Marder showed up to take the base, so I killed it. I moved a little further south, and spotted the LTP trying to cross the tracks again. After killing it, I started for the enemy base to try to find and kill the M7, but it turned out to have followed the LTP north, so I told the AT-1 to take the enemy base and prepared to duel the M7. Amazingly, I managed to outmaneuver it, and killed it to win the game. End result, Ace Mastery badge and Top Gun.
Secularism—since AD 80
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

I was searching for this thread!
I'm krakonfour on World of Tanks.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Like worldbuilding? Write D&D adventures or GTFO.

A setting: Iron Giants
Another setting: Supersonic swords and Gun-Kata
Attempts at Art
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

What is unusual, special, or interesting about the LTP?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

I have it, it's an OK tank.
What makes it good is the hull armor, which can bounce many same-tier or long-range shots on the front, and the great DPM.

The Locust is by far the better premium tier 3 light though.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Sold my LTP, which means I now have 1 garage slot more than before they gave me the LTP.
Some people call it the LearnToPlay tank :D
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

The LearnToPlay tank is a hidden message for all the noobs in tier III, since the turret is a great big weakspot, but if they never LTP, then they'll keep on bouncing on the hull.

Anyways, I've been playing for 2 years now and have 10 garage spaces over the course of various patches.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I've sold both the gift tanks I've received for garage slots to fuel my neverending desire for more medium tonks.

Latest horror has been the 3001D stock grind, using that 75mm L/48 at tier 6 is painful, it's over now though.
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

Vendetta wrote:I've sold both the gift tanks I've received for garage slots to fuel my neverending desire for more medium tonks.

Latest horror has been the 3001D stock grind, using that 75mm L/48 at tier 6 is painful, it's over now though.
Try the 3001P.
It's a fat 3001D.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Few tanks let you carry just as hard as the Type 59. Only problem is the small ammo capacity, making running out of ammo a common occurrence. Fortunately the game had already been won by that point.

http://wotreplays.com/site/380505#malin ... tt-type_59
Victory!
Battle: Malinovka 10/11/2013 6:53:47 PM
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 4,952 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 162,718
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sniper, Confederate, Spartan
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

So I traded my M2 Medium for the M3 Lee, finally. I actually like it. This is probably because I prefer TDs anyway, so it's no sweat to treat it like one. Hell, I just got done with a 7 kill game. We lost, though. The last enemy unit, a T49, killed me and then captured our base, with only an M41 on the other side of the map. But, Top Gun, Ace Mastery, 29967 creds (15693 after resupplying the APCR rounds I used to kill an AMX), and 1125 XP? Job well done.

Also, some decent plays with the Matilda, Pz. 38(t), and Chi-ha.
Secularism—since AD 80
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

Matilda is my favorite tier 4 tank. The cannon perfectly fits my playstyle. I found that playstyle (armored, slow but with amazing DPM) in the KV with the 57mm, and the British TD line.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Matilda was great, but I hate being slow way too much for it to be a keeper.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Haven't used the Matilda much recently, since I prefer the KV-1/T-150 duo. But I might rebuy it at some point, as slow-tanks are my favorite (odd, I know).
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

You like the T-150? Really? I dislike tanks with a bad gun. The DW-2 for example, was just horrid.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

The 107 is only marginally weaker than the 122 on the KV-1S. And its balanced with a slightly higher rate of fire, on a much better armored hull. My best matches are in that tank. ;)

EDIT: Now, that being said...the stock grind is one of the worst I have ever done. I still maintain it is worth it in the end though, even if most people hate the thing and I'm very much in the minority for loving it.
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

Speaking of horrible stock grinds.... the KV-4.
Oh god.
175mm pen, 0.46 accuracy and facing tier 10 and 9 tanks. All the mobility of a beached whale, so you have to face the enemy head on with armor they go through butter anyway.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Oooohhh...yeah, KV-4 wasn't fun until it got the Long-107. Thankfully, you don't have to buy anything other than the gun. No need for researching the engine or second turret, just blitz to the good gun.

At least, that's what I did.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:The 107 is only marginally weaker than the 122 on the KV-1S. And its balanced with a slightly higher rate of fire, on a much better armored hull. My best matches are in that tank. ;)
On the other hand, it's significantly less mobile due to weight and ground handling, making it less able to peekaboom and retreat, and has worse dispersion from both hull and gun movement, and has the same crappy accuracy and long aimtime.

The KV-1S is able to make better use of its gun as well as having 30% better alpha.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Aren't they planning to remove the long 122 from the 1S or did I mishear that?