World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Zwinmar »

Victory!
Map: Swamp
Date: 10/16/2013 3:43:07 PM
Vehicle: AT 2
Exp: 1,276 (x2) Credits: 14,315
Achievements: : Steel Wall
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

So I'm in Australia for the next 7 months, is there anyway I can move my account over to an Australian server so I can play without lag spikes killing my connection every few minutes?
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Jub wrote:So I'm in Australia for the next 7 months, is there anyway I can move my account over to an Australian server so I can play without lag spikes killing my connection every few minutes?
Not without making a tech support request. I'm told that they don't often allow people to move server regions, so basically don't count on it.
Vendetta wrote:On the other hand, I've point blank brawled a KV-4 in my T-34-2 because it's too short for the KV-4 to shoot....
I once spent 20 seconds dancing around a Type T-34 in my UE 57, because he'd screwed up and ended up too close to hit me. Unfortunately, the UE 57 has shit maneuverability, so he managed to disengage and kill me. :(
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

The Excelsior seems to have matches that are in the extremes, either it cleans up and is unstopable, or it runs into something it can't pen and dies.

This was a good match:

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka 17/10/2013 4:45:27 PM
Vehicle: Excelsior
Experience received: 3,266 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 46,816
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Invader, Pascucci's Medal, Cool-Headed
montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

Jub wrote:So I'm in Australia for the next 7 months, is there anyway I can move my account over to an Australian server so I can play without lag spikes killing my connection every few minutes?
The SEA server accepts account transfers, just make sure it's something you really want to do. Most of the Aussie guys I encounter do play on the NA West server however.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Defeat
Battle: Tundra 10/18/2013 2:35:36 AM
Vehicle: TOG II*
Experience received: 1,998
Credits received: 70,140
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Reaper, Radley-Walters's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Fucking disgusting. 8 kills, over 2700 damage, and the rest of my team fails against half their number.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

That's always the risk of a slow tank, it doesn't matter how dominant you can be locally, you can't put that dominance where it needs to be.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Victory!
Map: Steppes
Date: 18.10.2013 20:30:36
Vehicle: KV-1
Exp: 2 160 (x2) Credits: 24 422
Achievements: : Steel Wall

5 kills holding the left side of the map while half the team capped.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

montypython wrote:
The SEA server accepts account transfers, just make sure it's something you really want to do. Most of the Aussie guys I encounter do play on the NA West server however.
And more importantly make absolutely sure that you can get back when you leave.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

This is by no means my best performance in the E3, but damn was it one of the most satisfying and hilarious:

http://wotreplays.com/site/391675#sand_ ... 528-t110e3
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

So I just picked up the T57 Heavy, and all I have to say is "Holy Shit."
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

http://wotreplays.com/site/391776#swamp-vanaseffs-e-50

I've never been quite as good with the E-50 as its predecessors, but this match seemed to go quite well. It's reinforced the fact that I'm somewhat dubious about the Leos. I'll take the Panther line's armour, thankyou.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

The Vortex Empire wrote:So I just picked up the T57 Heavy, and all I have to say is "Holy Shit."
It's the T69 grind which is holding me back from starting the line.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Like worldbuilding? Write D&D adventures or GTFO.

A setting: Iron Giants
Another setting: Supersonic swords and Gun-Kata
Attempts at Art
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I recently had this match as well. While it's not a medal scoring match, it's notable for the teamwork and planning here, along with playing to the Conquerer's strengths.

http://wotreplays.com/site/391920

Forming an organised gunline let us take out the enemy main force while other guys got stuck in flanking the enemy base. Battlegroup Lemming didn't listen and drove directly into the enemy guns, losing us 4 tanks for 250 damage done. Totally worth it (!)
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

krakonfour wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:So I just picked up the T57 Heavy, and all I have to say is "Holy Shit."
It's the T69 grind which is holding me back from starting the line.
The T-69 is a great tank even if you limit the ammount of premium ammo you carry in it. You can easily nail people with four rounds for tons of damage and then scoot away to hide. It is a tank that takes a light touch to get the most out of though.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Finally got the second turret on the ST-1. And God is that tank ugly now. The stock turret made it look kind of like an IS-6...now, its turret is nearly as big as the rest of the tank :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Ugly, sure, but that top turret is so much better, especially since it lets you mount the glorious M62. Cranks the gun depression up to 8 degrees too, which is incredible for a Soviet tank.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I noticed. Since I haven't gotten the glorious American gun-depression yet, being able to actually use terrain to my advantage is a very welcome change.

Much better at taking shots, provided I keep those huge sides covered too. Still got a good 50k XP till the M62 though.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Victory!
Map: Erlenberg
Date: 10/20/2013 10:19:53 PM
Vehicle: T49
Exp: 1,764 (x3) Credits: 13,992
Achievements: : Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

So I upgraded the gun on my SU-5 to one of the howitzers, and holy shit. Amazing damage, but only when I actually land a hit. And considering the aim and load times, hits are few and far between. I'm honestly thinking of switching back to the 76mm. I know I have to get used to it, since the aim and load times only get worse from here, but still...

Also, traded my UE 57 for the SAu 40. It feels like a slower French Lee. I have to admit I'm already kinda missing the low profile of the UE 57.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

This one I wasn't expecting because the M3 Lee sucks (IMO):

Victory!
Map: Sacred Valley
Date: 10/21/2013 12:55:19 PM
Vehicle: M3 Lee
Exp: 556 (x2) Credits: 9,698
Achievements: : Cool-Headed, Spartan
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Okay, that was odd. I was just in an 8-8 match in my ST-1.

By which I mean...each team had just 8 players. Did they change the team size for top tier or something?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Okay, that was odd. I was just in an 8-8 match in my ST-1.

By which I mean...each team had just 8 players. Did they change the team size for top tier or something?
If you're queueing too long it stops trying to make a 15v15 and goes with whatever it can find.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

That makes sense, as the very next match was a regular number of players. I wasn't the only one confused though, as the chat was full of 'WTF' before the match started.