ST:X Warning (possible Spoiler

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

ST:X Warning (possible Spoiler

Post by thecreech »

Just thought some of you guys might want to chk it out... i found it on some ST/SW web site

Ordinarily, I wouldn't call for comment until the film had been released, but the plot has been leaked through mutiple channels, and is so bad that discourse will necessarily involve almost no actual viewers.
Briefly, the Romulans attempt to use an "evil" clone of Picard against the Fed. This is so abysmal a concept that it makes me wince just to think about it. Beyond once again proving the complete ignorance of science we've come to know and loath from Paramount's minions, this is such an obvious rehash of the Kirk transporter accident episode that I'm shocked that the TNG cast would even accept money to portray it (does Picardo-dome get double the millions for both roles?). For shame!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

An Evil Clone of Picard?

Who so what did they do take a monkey stick a bald cap on it and give it some Shakespear to read? :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Im going to assume that they just painted him blue and give him him some bright yellow contacts
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lol :lol: Blue?
Naa realy its not that hard to emulate Picard
Heck my Dog is doing a damn fine impression of him right now(Slap a bald cap on and I dare you to tell the diffrence from Picard's bemused Idiociy and my Dog's Besmused bald cap look :D)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Raziel
Youngling

Post by Raziel »

That, with lots of dramatic shots from of the evil clone uttering some pithy garbage about how the "Federation doesn't stand a chawnce."

Jesus, I thought ST had sunk as low as humanly possible with Insurrection, but boy was I wrong. I've long since given up on anything that isn't TOS.
"If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, then of what does a clean desk signifiy?"
Albert Einstein
Imperial Federation
Youngling

Post by Imperial Federation »

Clones... clones.. what other recent, highly succesful movie had clones?
Hmmm..
All members of the Imperial Redshirt Troopers are expected to die horribly for their Empire!
Go, and get killed in the most pointless way imaginable!
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

what it should says in the trailer is "the federation will almost be destroyed but will save itself and our jobs at the zero hour by a device that you will never see in any other episodes or movies to come, but will enable us to keep on milking the ST product"... i guess it is just easier to have some bad guy in a clip say "The federation will finally be destroyed"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Can you verify that this "plot leak" isn't just more bull shit?

You know, like how that supposed "STX script" is most likely a fan fabrication.

This clone thing sounds just too stupid to me, even for ST.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Hmmm

of course "that movie" that had "clones" in it was already history in the very first movie that was in theaters about 20+ years ago... :roll:
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

They also (sort of) clone Data, again.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Can you verify that this "plot leak" isn't just more bull shit?

You know, like how that supposed "STX script" is most likely a fan fabrication.

This clone thing sounds just too stupid to me, even for ST.
I don't know, I've heard this particular plot thread for a long time with no one debunking it. It certainly seems to fit from watching the trailer, there is this hideous beasty thing and its supposed to be a failed clone of Picard. SIGH. End of a movie franchise I see...
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Imperial Federation
Youngling

Post by Imperial Federation »

I've seen pictures somewhere, there is a clone of Picard, even though he looks nothing like him, and was apparentley cloned way back when Picard wasn't important, thus calling into question as to why the Romulans would do such a stupid thing.
Also, he's aided by a bunch of Nosferatus who are Remans, apparentley Remus is not the 2nd homeworld of the Romulans but is instead a horrible prison planet full of horrible mutants. And Picard's clone.

How much are the writers paid for pulling this garbage out of their ass?
All members of the Imperial Redshirt Troopers are expected to die horribly for their Empire!
Go, and get killed in the most pointless way imaginable!
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

their paid a dime for every st fan they make give up trekkiness. gl has some money lying about, and decided this way was best.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Wait, are you guys saying that that "Skeletor in Gul Dukat's armour" thing in the trailer might be Picard's clone?

Boy, now I'm really hoping that information is false.

Man, Paramount would be better off with monkeys at typewriters. And they need to have Braga and Berman eliminated.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Why shouldn't B&B fuck up the Romulans? The Klingons recieved a species-wide lobotomy years ago, and Voyager very neatly *snip* *snip* cut the Borg's balls off. Enterprise is rapidly turning the aloof, logical, Vulcans into evil tyrants. The Romulans were always my favorite adversary. They were complex, arrogant, deceptive, and unpredictable--in other words, like humans before Roddenberry created TNG Man, epitomized by Will Riker, who repeatedly passes up promotion and happily watches his ex-girlfriend fuck half the Alpha Quadrant. I've read a pretty detailed plot summary of ST:X. It's more awful than you can imagine. Imagine The Wrath of Khan reimagined with a Voyager villain of the week with a Voyager technobabble disease, a Voyager technobabble superweapon, a Voyager technobabble plot device to make a battle more exciting because B&B can't even do standard battles right, and the blatent plagarising of the best ST movie ending ever with Data substututed for Spock. And just to ram Brannon Braga's cock a little further up your bleeding, upturned asshole, Kate Mulgrew has a cameo as Admiral Janeway. This is going to make TPM look like Citizen Kane, The Wizard of Oz, and Gone With the Wind combined. This is it, folks. Everybody put on their best Starfleet uniform and get ready to attend a funeral, because Star Trek is dead.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Oh, come on, The Sixth Day wasn't highly successful.

Anyway, about ST:X...

Most trekkies are going to be rooting for this movie because they want the Uberdreadnaught (whatever the hell it's called) to blow up a planet or unleash teraton-level broadsides, just so they can use it in debates.
The Great and Malignant
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Star Trek died long ago, after ST VI.
It should also have been burried long ago, but B&B keep pursuing us with it's mutilated, rotten corpse, trying to make it seem as if ST was still alive.
Supermod
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

RedImperator wrote:Why shouldn't B&B fuck up the Romulans? The Klingons recieved a species-wide lobotomy years ago, and Voyager very neatly *snip* *snip* cut the Borg's balls off. Enterprise is rapidly turning the aloof, logical, Vulcans into evil tyrants. The Romulans were always my favorite adversary. They were complex, arrogant, deceptive, and unpredictable--in other words, like humans before Roddenberry created TNG Man, epitomized by Will Riker, who repeatedly passes up promotion and happily watches his ex-girlfriend fuck half the Alpha Quadrant. I've read a pretty detailed plot summary of ST:X. It's more awful than you can imagine. Imagine The Wrath of Khan reimagined with a Voyager villain of the week with a Voyager technobabble disease, a Voyager technobabble superweapon, a Voyager technobabble plot device to make a battle more exciting because B&B can't even do standard battles right, and the blatent plagarising of the best ST movie ending ever with Data substututed for Spock. And just to ram Brannon Braga's cock a little further up your bleeding, upturned asshole, Kate Mulgrew has a cameo as Admiral Janeway. This is going to make TPM look like Citizen Kane, The Wizard of Oz, and Gone With the Wind combined. This is it, folks. Everybody put on their best Starfleet uniform and get ready to attend a funeral, because Star Trek is dead.
I'll bring the Aulgrauten Potatoes
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

filmjerk.com, which posted the annotated Nemesis script a bit back, has posted a review of a leaked copy of the nearly-complete movie (sans SFX and music) that they claim to have acquired. Check it under the Reviews section. If true, then this movie is as bad as previously thought. If not, it'll probably be that bad anyway, as the "leaked script" has everything old and new info has said (except Weasly).
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

SPOOFE wrote:Most trekkies are going to be rooting for this movie because they want the Uberdreadnaught (whatever the hell it's called) to blow up a planet or unleash teraton-level broadsides, just so they can use it in debates.
Funny thing is, I crunched the numbers, and with some EXTREMELY generous assumptions (based on the fact I am too lazy to try and figure out Phaser firepower), the most powerful ship ever seen in Trek... Has shields that crap out at 302 GT.

That's right folks, the bes ship the AQ can throw together get's it ass handed to it by a single Siener SPS.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RedImperator wrote: And just to ram Brannon Braga's cock a little further up your bleeding, upturned asshole, Kate Mulgrew has a cameo as Admiral Janeway.
:shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:x Couldn't they throw us a bone and show former captain Janeway in prison, or just sacked from Starfleet? Noooooooooooooo, every ST captain has to be as great as Kirk whether they earn it or not. :evil:

Oh yeah, the rest of the movie sounds pretty crappy too. :x
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

*sigh*If this movie is as bad as they say There goes enterprise and B+B.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Funny thing is, I crunched the numbers, and with some EXTREMELY generous assumptions (based on the fact I am too lazy to try and figure out Phaser firepower), the most powerful ship ever seen in Trek... Has shields that crap out at 302 GT.
Just out of curiosity, which ship would this be?
The Great and Malignant
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The new Romulan ubership, the Scimitar. As it is, the estimations are indeed EXTREMELY generous, and based entirely on the script- which IIRC describes the Scimitar taking the E-E's *entire* torpedo load. Of course, we'll see nothing like that in the film (as if we'd get eye candy like that).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yep, they'll fire two or three salvoss of torps, a few phaser shots and that's it (at the most). The movie is gonna suck like vacuum.
Btw anyone got a picture of the Überdreadnought?
Supermod