So Pissed off at Weasel Zippers...

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

darth_timon
Padawan Learner

So Pissed off at Weasel Zippers...

Post by darth_timon »

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. There's currently a 'discussion' taking place on a site called Weaselzippers about Hawai's decision to approve gay marriage. The discussion is a series of religious-based slurs against gays and attacks on Obama.

I don't know why I got involved. The place is a hotbed of fanatical conservatives.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/13/obam ... qus_thread
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: So Pissed off at Weasel Zippers...

Post by fgalkin »

And we should care because....

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
ThatOneCatC
Redshirt

Re: So Pissed off at Weasel Zippers...

Post by ThatOneCatC »

I used to occasionally go to that site to see what the conservative right thought about issues but it as you said it turned into nothing more than a hotbed of bigoted extremism (much like a good part of the Republican party did). I could recommend another site you may enjoy; not quite as extreme and with enough mixture of most political bends and international members that good discussion can and does occur from time to time. Let me know if interested, I have been a member there for nine years and only been banned once. I cannot stomach the sort of attitudes they show at weasel zippers. They make Free Republic look liberal in many ways.