World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Vendetta »

Its easy enough to find the top performers, most stats sites will have recent and all time top performers by various metrics. (Of course, then you get into the prickly argument of defining "best", given how various factors like platooning or reroll accounts affect your stats)

Finding the bottom of the barrel is harder, because the average worse-than-a-bot player isn't interested in stats, and stat sites only pull your stats if anyone checks you on them.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

OK, so I have now researched the E-100, but do I want it? I enjoy the E-75, and after the buff, it's quite agile. How does the E-100 compare to the E-75?
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

E-100 is absolutely incredible. The big boost in alpha that the 150mm provides is fantastic, and the E-100 is one of the few tanks that can actually rely on its armor. Stay angled at all times, and reverse angle at every opportunity. The thick side armor, tracks, and 55mm side skirts combine to bounce everything. The turret front is thick but flat, so keep it angled at all times as well except when aiming and firing. E-100 pretty much prints Steel Walls once you get the hang of it.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I don't have an E-100 myself, but my roommate does, and he spends every match with it giggling uncontrollably, so take that as you will.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I've gained one and even without the 150 I've been enjoying it. Keep that lower plate covered and you're pretty much sorted.

I've also just picked up the E-50 Ausf M, which I'm possibly enjoying even more. It's got a nice blend of armour, gun and POWEEEEER which lets it drag its monstrous bulk to truly comical speeds. In a match on mines the only thing that beat me to the hill was an enemy T71. Oddly enough, it did not do well against this sports-panzer.

Really, I need to drive both of these T10s more, get some experience in the field with the big boys.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The sheer fun factor of the AMX 13 90 has made it clear to me that I need a Batmobile, so I'm focusing on french tonks now. Bought an AMX 50 100 for the easy path to the 100mm for the Lorraine and as a 7/42 tank (had some games of that today as well, if you've got a real team it's pubstomping heaven), and I'm about halfway to the Lorraine itself.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm still a fair ways away from my first Tier 10...which remains the IS-4. When I commit to something...I see it through.

One of these days I'll suffer through the stock Tiger grind so I can get the E-100 (I'm an armor player...I figure I'd enjoy it).
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT: Correction...I forgot I unlocked the Long 88 back when I was playing the Indien. So I would only need to unlock the second turret on the Tiger to get out of stock. Then again, I don't really have the money to spend right now.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

i think you need the tracks aswell
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

OK, So I'm gonna get the E-100, but not quite yet. I still have the TigerII without crew after I moved them to the E-75, and I will definitely not sell my E-75. Too much fun, but might share the crew between the E-75 and the E-100 until I decide to retrain completely to E-100. I did the same when I moved to the E-75. I lack only 15 000 xp to unlock the E-50, too. A friend tells me it's like the PantherII, just more in every way.

Have I told you guys how much I hate the Waffenträger auf E-100? First time I met one, I realized it had an autoloader, but didn't know it had a turret as well. My poor E-75 died in seconds. In another battle, I got sniped from 500 meters by an enemy E-75 that detracked me, a Wt auf E-100 emptied its magazine in me while the E-75 reloaded and the E-75 finished me off.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

The E-50 is a very nice machine, although it hates hills these days as its lost the top engine. Really, that and a gun that doesn't really stand out are its weaknesses. I enjoy it, even if I'm not the best in it.

The good news is the the E-50 Ausf. M rectifies those issues.

Speaking of the Waffle-100, I met onein one of my first matches in the E-50 Ausf. M. It bounced a round off of my front plate and took a hole to the engine in return. Really, just driving this and the base E-50 are a good sign to me that I shoudn't drive the Leo line. At least the 50s have the capacity to bounce things along with the capacity to move.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Hm... I don't play the PantherIII much as it is. We'll see what I do.

You know, there should be a way to punish troll platoons. Can you report that as unfair play? One IS-3 (42% win rate) brought a T-60 (29% win rate) into a tier 8/9 game. The T-60 suicided against the enemy team and none of them did any damage. Still we won, and they both got more than 400xp, hence making it quite lucrative for the T-60. I checked his stats, and he just got himself a T-70... Oh well...

BTW, Vanas. Are you the Vanas on the European server with 38 000 battles?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I've only run into a couple Waffle-100's. Naturally, they sniped the hell out of my ST-1. Fun times.

Not sure if I'm going down the E-50 line anytime soon though. I would have to go through the D.W. 2, 3001 (H), and the VK 3002 (M) before I even get to the Panther. I'd probably go for the Tiger (H) first honestly. Or T-34.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The Infidel wrote:Hm... I don't play the PantherIII much as it is. We'll see what I do.

You know, there should be a way to punish troll platoons. Can you report that as unfair play? One IS-3 (42% win rate) brought a T-60 (29% win rate) into a tier 8/9 game. The T-60 suicided against the enemy team and none of them did any damage. Still we won, and they both got more than 400xp, hence making it quite lucrative for the T-60. I checked his stats, and he just got himself a T-70... Oh well...
Nope, the devs have repeatedly said troll platoons aren't a problem. They're wrong, but nothing we can do.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Nope, the devs have repeatedly said troll platoons aren't a problem. They're wrong, but nothing we can do.
Well, they have the statistics, but is sure can be annoying when it happens to you. If it is a fast little bugger that actually do a lot of good scouting, I can tolerate it, but that usually never happens. How much trouble can it be to perform a check of tier spread in a platoon? One small, boolean function...

IF spread_toobig(platoon)=TRUE then ready_to_battle=FALSE;
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The Infidel wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:Nope, the devs have repeatedly said troll platoons aren't a problem. They're wrong, but nothing we can do.
Well, they have the statistics, but is sure can be annoying when it happens to you. If it is a fast little bugger that actually do a lot of good scouting, I can tolerate it, but that usually never happens. How much trouble can it be to perform a check of tier spread in a platoon? One small, boolean function...

IF spread_toobig(platoon)=TRUE then ready_to_battle=FALSE;
They claim that the MM compensates for it by adjusting the MM weights of the teams to be even, so one of your 7s might become an 8, but that's not nearly compensation for the fact that you're effectively down a tank since tier 1s are useless. If I were in charge, I'd do exactly that. If the the max tiers each tank in the platoon can face aren't within +/-1 of each other, you can't hit the battle button.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

The Infidel wrote:BTW, Vanas. Are you the Vanas on the European server with 38 000 battles?
Nope. With the sheer number of people playing the game, I'm sure that any combination of letters will appear at least once. I've got an EU account, but I've only got about ~100 battles there. My main's over on the US with barely over 5000 battles, mostly thanks to the first of these threads.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Re: E-100

It's amazing buy it seriously. Reverse angling and sidescraping are god and it's very good at both. It isn't quite Maus grade ha ha ha you're shooting the highest pen shell in the game and bouncing half your shots but it's got a silly cannon to more than make up for it. Once you get used to the angling and how to make the turret angling back and forth work for you it's amazing how easy it is to continually hammer out damage and take little to none in return. It's even kind of a bear to pen while moving in the open field if you're careful with the angle you drive at, albeit not as bad as the Maus can be.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

wotreplays.com/site/430041

It came down to our two SPGs vs two mediums and one SPG. We managed to kill the mediums, but the enemy Birch Gun took out the our other SPG, leaving just me and the Birch with only a single destructible house between us. I'd collapsed part of the house by driving into it, so obviously whoever fired the next shot and destroyed the house would lose. Luckily I managed to fake him out, and won. Heh.

In other news, I'm about to finish training my first skill with my Hetzer crew. Should I continue onto the StuG, or jump over to the Marder 38T?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

http://wotreplays.com/site/431157#team

Both teams had a troll platoon, so this game was quite funny. The enemy loltraktor did his job and spotted me, so his team could take me out. A KV1-S decided he could fly. Yeah, a funny game. Maybe this is what WoT could do with troll platoons? Balance them as well. If you have a troll platoon, so will your enemy? (I guess it would only be funny in the beginning...)
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Heh... I was in one once, too. I thought my platoon mate said "tier 3" when he said "is-3" and he pressed "battle" before any of us realized what had happened.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

http://wotreplays.com/site/431601#siegf ... hurchill_i

Ace Tanker and I don't think I did very well at all.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg 11/16/2013 7:55:15 PM
Vehicle: ST-I
Experience received: 1,035
Credits received: 32,767
Battle Achievements: Reaper

I'll say it again...I love that top gun. One of those kills was an ammo rack on a T110E5 of all things.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Ghetto EDIT:

Should I get the second engine on the ST-1 or just go right for the IS-4? It doesn't carry over after all, and I don't think it makes the ST that much faster.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Hm, just 6000 xp to E50 now, but I really don't like the Panther II that much: It gets easily spotted, most shots penetrate me and my gun has too little penetration. I had almost forgotten why I didn't play so much with it. Well, I've come this far, so I'm going to research E50 today.