World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, I redownloaded a texture compression pack and I'm now seeing 10 fps at times when I used to see 6-7. It's a noticeable improvement... but my luck's been poor and I still make bad placement decisions in quite a few matches.

I seem to fight better when platooned with someone, just because having to coordinate with him causes me to stop and think for a moment before charging into battle. As a result, the rest of the team usually at least starts to engage the enemy before we do, and I'm less likely to be one of the first tanks to die.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

I don't get the scouting at all but I somehow managed this :D
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Yeah! I finally did a top gun with my SU-26 and the tier 3 76mm.
http://wotreplays.com/site/581941#self
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Time for bragpoast, Japan special edition.

I utterly hated the Chi-Nu at first, and it's big, soft, and has the worst DPM of the tier 5 mediums so I still don't think much of it, but it's started to work at least.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

The Chi-Nu is decent enough, but the tier 6 and 7 look horrific.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I don't want to speak too soon, but the Chi-To at least looks like you can mount the second gun immediately, and from that point on you're basically a slow 3002M that fires quicker and aims quicker.

So it will probably still be comedy rubbish like all the low tier Japanese tanks, but at least it should be a shortish stock experience (ps do not mount top radio).
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

Not the best I've ever seen in an IS-6 bit it's the best I've ever done in one with regards to damage at any rate.
Image[
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

What's wrong with some players? I just had a game of Stug and was in a city scape, so no long distances. There is me and an AMX40 from our team there and an enemy KV-1 and SU-85. I start a shootout with the SU-85 with about 50 meters between us when this idiot AMX goes in front of me as I shot and of course I hit him hard. He has a 1000 battles, so he should know better. Morons everywhere.

Also, a little reading about bots.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Had three 5-kill games yesterday, two of them back-to-back in Tiger I. First one was a loss because we ran out of time capping, needed 1 more second to win.
And here I thought I might be rusty after not playing for a week.
--
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Victory!
Map: Sand River
Date: 14.02.2014 17:21:22
Vehicle: KV-1S
Exp: 3 204 (x2) Credits: 44 484
Achievements: : High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

And it was a game with 36% win chance by xvm.
Followed by lurking in the magical forest ...

Defeat!
Map: Murovanka
Date: 14.02.2014 17:49:13
Vehicle: Somua SAu 40
Exp: 766 Credits: 15 860
Achievements: : High Caliber, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"
--
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

FEAR ME!

I BRING YOUR DOOM, MORTALS!

In other words, I'm liking the new High Caliber medal.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

I like playing this game but I really hate somethings. I hate all derp guns, they're boring to play and awful to fight in my opinion. Most of all though I hate how many vocal assholes there are who always insult the team whenever they lose. It's mostly people who shouldn't be complaining about other people sucking too. Gah. Rant over.
Image[
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Had some fun getting some friends into the game. Sadly, one of them has become an arty player, despite the rest of us mocking him for it. Though it did result in this fun exchange.

Raptor: "And then there was this guy who could shoot at me and I couldn't shoot back!"

We proceeded to mock him for having a taste of his own medicine and just how delicious the irony of that statement is from an artillery player.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I can't even remember the last time I played arty. Took to long to get to the next Tier, and I felt bad every time I did it since I don't want to be that guy everyone is cursing out when they get blown up by arty. :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Defeat
Battle: Komarin 2/15/2014 11:36:21 AM
Vehicle: ISU-152
Experience received: 719
Credits received: 30,580
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "3rd Class

Not been playing for a couple months but right before I left I got the BL-10/ easy mode engaged.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

What is "High Caliber" for again?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

Most damage and >20% of enemy team HP.

Missed out on a crucial contribution (12 kills) with my platoonmate when a dickwad teammate drove infront of my gun today.

I've use XVM for the first time today and it seems that literally everyone is spectacularly crap at the game. I also didn't know WN8 could go below 900 or so, I assumed having seen people who were absolutely crap about that level. Today I've seen many below 100, 17 being the lowest. Amazing that there are people who have shit up so many games.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Here's the funny thing. I've seen more stat-padded assholes bemoaning all the low-win noobs shitting up their game and throwing the match than I have actual noobs shitting up the game and losing the match.

The only thing XVM is good for is pinpointing the seal clubbers and prima-donna shitpieces to everyone else.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

In all my thousands of matches I've seen someone intentionally throw the match due to what they see on XVM like twice.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

The Vortex Empire wrote:In all my thousands of matches I've seen someone intentionally throw the match due to what they see on XVM like twice.
I see people suicide over it occasionally, but doesn't really bother me, I wish they'd all just suicide and leave. What gets to me is when they bitch and moan, and insult the rest of the team, and generally just be insufferable little pricks about it, as if that helps. I swear, every time I see something like "you guys all suck, we lose, great job" come up in chat before the countdown is even over, I want to just feed an arty shell to the offender and just be like "Oops. Sorry, its just that I suck so bad, and all." I don't, because I was raised not to be an asshole, but I want to, because, seriously, keep it to yourself.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Highlord Laan wrote:Here's the funny thing. I've seen more stat-padded assholes bemoaning all the low-win noobs shitting up their game and throwing the match than I have actual noobs shitting up the game and losing the match.
You must get special matchmaking then, because I see people doing their damndest to lose at World of Tanks all the time.

There's bound to be at least one in every match who either doesn't leave the cap or if he does goes to the absolute wrongest place on the map he can find, gets in the way so allies take damage, doesn't counterattack when a slow firing tank has just fired, doesn't look at the map etc.

It's not uncommon though, secretly most people are really bad at videogames. I remember talking to Stark about his adventures in Mindjack, which allows you to take control of the AI in other people's FPS campaign (and is otherwise terrible), and people are really fucking dumb, like so dumb that in a room where there is only a rocket launcher and a helicopter and the instruction "shoot helicopter with rocket launcher" they can wander around for half an hour not figuring it out.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Xvm said we have a 41% win chance ...

Victory!
Map: Sand River
Date: 16.02.2014 10:12:39
Vehicle: M5A1 Stuart
Exp: 1 670 (x2) Credits: 14 956
Achievements: : Top Gun, Defender, Master Gunner, Reaper, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Also, after update to 8.11 I've seen tanks get lost at the end of the battle because they "left the game before the end of the battle". I think that's new, don't remember seeing that in 8.10 or earlier.
--
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Nice... Played an IS-3 at Himmelsdorf. At the start of the game, he ran into my side, then shot my tracks claiming I did damage to him first (battle report showed I did no such thing). Later, he got surrounded by 3 enemies and killed as one of the first. Karma is good sometimes.

Another game, I decided to take my GW Panther out of storage and try it for a run when a friendly Leopard decided to be an asshole. Running around where arty was, bumping into me, trying his best to make me TK him, and boy, was that tempting, but I didn't. I couldn't even aim because Leopard would throw off my aim. He got TKed by another arty.

Replay here.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Be careful responding to trolls by shooting them. The new team damage system is very sensitive and results in an immediate 1hr account lockout.

Tonight when I have time I'm going to do a dissection on a game where my team did its best to lose for your education and edification. (spoiler: It was the enemy team who started off posting "zomg we have lost" in chat)