Darth Vader vs. Sephiroth

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Well, does Vader stomp Sephiroth?

The power of the Lifestream is nothing compared to The Force.
53%
He who has 65,000 hit points wins.
47%

Total votes: 19

Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Darth Vader vs. Sephiroth

Post by Yogi »

I recently read on a GameFAQs forum (I've lost the link though) a debate on who would win, Darth Vader of Sephiroth. The overwhelming opinion was that Darth Vader would defeat Sephiroth. I would like to hear your opinion on your subject before posting my opinion.

Arguments in favor of Darth Vader included Force Shoking Sephiroth, slicing the Masamune in half with the lightsaber, and using the force to push METEOR away.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Darth Vader takes this one, though perhaps not with ease.
Sephy is no doubt an extraordinary sword fighter, but his feeble skills are no match for the dark side of the force:
blocking Vaders hits, as already pointed out, will be impossible for him, and even without the active force abilites and giving Sephy a lightsaber Vader still has the advantadge of being able to forsee his opponents movements.
Would be a cool fight nonetheless.
Supermod
Vapthorne
Youngling

Post by Vapthorne »

I'm not so sure Vader would win, considering while Sephiroth might not have the Force his combat magic includes spells such as Ultima, Meteo, Flare, and the like. Also it would usually take Cloud and company several summoned monsters, limit breaks and massive spells of their own to bring him down.
"Your superior intelligect is no match for our primitive weapons!" -Kaang

"So tiny, you can't tell it's a deus ex machina!" -The Particles of Star Trek
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hmmm yes the Dark side of the Force is nothing compared to the walking tatical nuclear strike that is Sephiroth

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

The Dark Side is even more powerful than the DS, it should be able to protect Vader from Sephy's fancy magics.
Supermod
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

it would be hard for good old sephi to do all is magic when he is being choked which we all know vadar would do with out blinking an eye...
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'd like to see Vadar Stop a 40 Ton Rock flying at his head :D(Metoror!) seeing as how much trouble Yoda had with just that 1-2 ton Pillar

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Vader could easily use the Force to make a nearby tape dispenser unleash its powers on Sephis mouth, thus silencing him. :D TA DA! No more magic.

Don't forget, you have to be able to speak the words of your spell, which is also difficult to do while being choked.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

In Final Fantasy VII, at no time did anyone actually SAY the words to their spell. In previous Final Fantasy games, the "magical chanting" was limited to saying the name of their spell (eg. saying "Meteo!" at a dramatic moment as Meteo rains down upon the opponent).

In addition, METEOR is a giant magical rock as wide as MIDGAR City. It weighs a hell of a lot more than 40 tons.

In addition, good old Sephy has 65,000 HP. A barrage of stinger missiles deal around 200 or so damage (and went down as your defense went up). If it's the swordsman, he had around 5000 (if I recall correctly).

If it's swordman Sephiroth, a few good Bolt3s would do the trick, followed by Cure3s if he gets in a jam.

If it's Safer (Serapth, Savior, whatever) Sephiroth, Pale Horse + Fallen One + poision damage from Pale Horse = Ouch.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

I reteact my previous statement about not needing to speak the words of your spell, as the Silence status effect will stop spells. However, not all of Safer Sephiroth's abilities are spells.

In addition, have you seen how much damage swordsman Sephiroth took from a fire breathing dragon? (Hint: None at all)
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

This would be a really good fight, I would have to go with Sepiroth, though. All we have seen Vader do is the Force Choke. And some good swordplay. Sepiroth, we have seen many good tricks. He can even fly, set towns on fire with magic, slay a giant beast and put it in a funny position. Sepiroth. Yes....
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Wrong forum.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

I refuse to try and translate the gibberish which is the FF combat system into real life terms.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

You know, I think the Lifestream is the Force. Don't they seem a bit similar to you? Life field that permeates all living things, can be used to give a person mystical powers over nature, et cetera.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

You know, I think the Lifestream is the Force. Don't they seem a bit similar to you? Life field that permeates all living things, can be used to give a person mystical powers over nature, et cetera.
There are similarities, but they are really quite different; Lifestream has a physical, tangible form and appears to have some mass, as opposed to the Force which can not be physically seen or touched, only felt. The Lifestream is also tied to the planet that FFVII takes place on; it is not a universal, all-unifying force.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Sep is toast 

I hated the stupid name clod so I did rename to Vader.

When I finally got bored of FFVII I had gold chobo master summon and had beathen all da weapons.

Sep was a wuss compared to the weapons!

Vader all da way!
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Durran Korr wrote:
There are similarities, but they are really quite different; Lifestream has a physical, tangible form and appears to have some mass, as opposed to the Force which can not be physically seen or touched, only felt. The Lifestream is also tied to the planet that FFVII takes place on; it is not a universal, all-unifying force.
Red XIII's Grandpa gave me the impression that it was all over the place, not just on that one planet.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Faram wrote:Sep is toast 

I hated the stupid name clod so I did rename to Vader.

When I finally got bored of FFVII I had gold chobo master summon and had beathen all da weapons.

Sep was a wuss compared to the weapons!

Vader all da way!
Aaah the Weapons.
Dude those were real enemies, especially the emerald weapon.
Against them, Vader would surely lose.
Supermod
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Bah! Emerald Weapon was a pussy. Ruby Weapon is the real threat.
「かかっ―」
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

Mr Bean wrote:I'd like to see Vadar Stop a 40 Ton Rock flying at his head :D(Metoror!) seeing as how much trouble Yoda had with just that 1-2 ton Pillar
Not saying that Vader could take who ever that guy is, but Yoda was lifting an X-Wing which is about as big as a jet fighter putting it in the 30 ton range.
"Nietzche is dead"-God
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Not saying that Vader could take who ever that guy is, but Yoda was lifting an X-Wing which is about as big as a jet fighter putting it in the 30 ton range
Except its not, Its quite a bit smaller than a Modern Fighter Jet, To be exact its 2/5 the size, The engines on that sucker are TINY compared to the 3-8 Ton Engines on your typical Fighter Jet