The 2016 US Election (Part III)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: The 2016 US Election (Part III)

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Dragon Angel wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Also, watching Clinton try to brush off and evade the sexual assault allegations against Bill while his accusers were in the room was painful.

I know Bill hasn't been proven guilty, and innocent until proven guilty, but I can't help thinking "What if he is guilty? How horrible is that moment if he is?"

And even if it wasn't, it was very uncomfortable.
It shouldn't even be a question to her. She isn't her husband. She's not the one who allegedly committed rape. Just like them trying to tar her for her husband's affair. I mean, it's bald-faced character assassination!
Well, the allegation is that she defended her husband and sided against rape victims.

Of course, that accusation coming from Trump is just sickening. Its so self-serving.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

I agree on the no fly zone being a bad idea. That ship sailed years ago. All it will do is prolong stalemate.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Foreign Policy gives it's first endorsement in 50 years

The Romulan Republic wrote: Well, the allegation is that she defended her husband and sided against rape victims.
Note that even in the allegation, there's nothing actually tying Hillary in like that. It's just something they want people to assume.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Working with islamist and jihadist scum to oppose Russia has been a good old American tradition since Afghanistan.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Perhaps.

Although as far as I know, that being Clinton's plan for the no-fly zone is just speculation.

In any case, I don't see how anyone could look at what happened tonight, or in the last couple of days, and say that Donald Trump is the better option.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Trump is irrelevant now. What matters is what Clinton will do when she is president.

And this is by no means certain. Back-room deals with oligarchs and militaristic attitudes make her dangerous, even if Trump is no option at all.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Dragon Angel wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Also, watching Clinton try to brush off and evade the sexual assault allegations against Bill while his accusers were in the room was painful.

I know Bill hasn't been proven guilty, and innocent until proven guilty, but I can't help thinking "What if he is guilty? How horrible is that moment if he is?"

And even if it wasn't, it was very uncomfortable.
It shouldn't even be a question to her. She isn't her husband. She's not the one who allegedly committed rape. Just like them trying to tar her for her husband's affair. I mean, it's bald-faced character assassination!
Well, the allegation is that she defended her husband and sided against rape victims.

Of course, that accusation coming from Trump is just sickening. Its so self-serving.
Ok. We can all agree that Bill might be at minimum a bit of a creeper. Even by accident. Women, men, does not matter, he is a very touchy feely guy. It is part of his political schtick. Eventually that will literally rub someone the wrong way and it has happened a couple times. He is also an adulterous trashbag, but it is not my place to comment on a marriage. So unwanted sexual advances or perceived sexual advances. Yeah. Sure.

However, while in the general case women dont tend to lie about being raped (case stats are 2-8% false report, probably smaller once you consider the allegations that get recanted because of pressure from the police etc etc), that changes when someone is high status and it goes way the hell up. If the best the GOP/Trump can do is trot out an allegation made in the 1990s about a rape that allegedly happened in the 1970s for which there is not only zero evidence and large inconsistencies, but that the Office of the Independent Council refused to bite on...

It is just not credible. The ONLY response Hillary Clinton can make is to brush that off. What is she going to do? Go after those women on national television?

Also: Going after her for being a defense attorney doing her job is just wrong. Everyone is entitled to a legal defense. Even rapists. The bit about laughing has been fact checked, and is false.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I'm loath to dismiss allegations of sexual assault when their are multiple accusers, and it seems hypocritical coming from many on the Left, including Hillary Clinton, but as I said before, its true that Bill Clinton hasn't been charged, much less convicted. And unlike Trump, he hasn't confessed and bragged about it on tape.

I don't know about the laughing thing, but I agree that it is wrong to condemn a defence attorney for doing their job and providing the accused with the defence to which the Constitution entitles them. But then, since when did the Trumper crowd respect the Constitution?

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Bill has definitely cheated. It wouldn't shock me to know he's groped. The rape is the most unsubstantiated/unprovable of them (which is just a way of saying I really don't know, and nor does anyone else)- which in turn says Hillary almost certainly doesn't believe the last one. Toss in there's no sign of her intimidating/threatening people over it (I mean, the accusation against her is she thanked the woman at a fundraiser and repeated her twice, but apparently sounded cold the second time...), and what we're left with is an unknown/unable to prove against Bill, and nothing on Hillary.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I'm loath to dismiss allegations of sexual assault when their are multiple accusers, and it seems hypocritical coming from many on the Left, including Hillary Clinton, but as I said before, its true that Bill Clinton hasn't been charged, much less convicted. And unlike Trump, he hasn't confessed and bragged about it on tape.

I don't know about the laughing thing, but I agree that it is wrong to condemn a defence attorney for doing their job and providing the accused with the defence to which the Constitution entitles them. But then, since when did the Trumper crowd respect the Constitution?
Well they are not all accusing him of rape. One is rape, one is a former mistress, two others if I recall some form of sexual harassment or another. The other is the women who's alleged rapist Hillary defended back in the 70s.

A former mistress is a former mistress. Shock and Horror. Bill Cheats, news at 11.

I will buy the sexual harassment because Bill is Bill.

And the rape accusation is a case from the 70s with no timeline, and descriptions of injuries that cannot even be corroborated by her then-husband, who certainly would have noticed. If there was any evidence--or a chance of there being evidence--I would be sitting here saying "Well, a pity there is a statute of limitations". But there isn't. Not even internal consistency from the alleged victim. After 20, let alone 40 years, it becomes possible to say whatever you want. That is why we have statutes of limitations in the first place.

There is a cost-benefit ratio with rape cases that influences whether someone will report. In most cases, the cost in terms of social stigma, time, psych trauma etc outweighs the benefit (which can only be expressed in subjective terms, really) substantially, so false reports are unlikely. 2-8% maximum from empirical data. In these cases, the accusation itself is enough to make me think "Ok. He either did it, or the victim is telling the truth but could be mistaken about perp ID given the right conditions". Not enough for me to convict if I were on a jury, but enough that I wont let the guy near my sister or anyone else I care about who IDs as a woman.

However, with someone like Bill Clinton, suddenly people have something to gain through false accusations that can make the time, stigma etc worth it. So the rate goes up. And most rapists are repeat offenders, even when they are never caught (undetected rapists on college campuses for instance on average rape 4-5 women while in university, we know this because they admit it when asked by researchers using words other than rape), so if this was something Bill did, when the first accusation cropped up in the 1990s, if it were true, one would expect others to come forward as well. Like with the Bill Cosby case once the accusations were well-publicized, it created something of an avalanche. Once the first person comes forward, other victims feel much safer coming forward against a powerful person. No dice there with Bill Clinton thus far.

In the end, in the absence confirmation, the likelihoods have to be assessed through a sort of back of the napkin bayesian analysis. Our priors indicate (or at least mine, because I am pretty sure most people dont think the way I do in terms of probabilities) that there is a high probability of a false accusation with Bill Clinton. I am not so wed to the idea that I will reject evidence or try to excuse his behavior if he did rape someone... but so far the weight of evidence is, by my estimation, in the metaphorical negative column. Now, if the avalanche of accusations start up with the publicity of this particular case... I will be forced to re-evaluate.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:I'm loath to dismiss allegations of sexual assault when their are multiple accusers, and it seems hypocritical coming from many on the Left, including Hillary Clinton, but as I said before, its true that Bill Clinton hasn't been charged, much less convicted. And unlike Trump, he hasn't confessed and bragged about it on tape.

Well they are not all accusing him of rape. One is rape, one is a former mistress, two others if I recall some form of sexual harassment or another. The other is the women who's alleged rapist Hillary defended back in the 70s.
Granted. Though only three were present at the debate, I believe.

However, it does still, to my mind, suggest a pattern of behaviour. Its not the biggest leap from sexual harassment to sexual assault, although its true that one does not necessarily mean the other.
A former mistress is a former mistress. Shock and Horror. Bill Cheats, news at 11.

I will buy the sexual harassment because Bill is Bill.
Let's be honest about this: Bill is a sleaze bag at best.

Fortunately, he's not running for President again, though I'd honestly think more of Hillary Clinton if she distanced herself from him.
And the rape accusation is a case from the 70s with no timeline, and descriptions of injuries that cannot even be corroborated by her then-husband, who certainly would have noticed. If there was any evidence--or a chance of there being evidence--I would be sitting here saying "Well, a pity there is a statute of limitations". But there isn't. Not even internal consistency from the alleged victim. After 20, let alone 40 years, it becomes possible to say whatever you want. That is why we have statutes of limitations in the first place.
I would argue we shouldn't have them for rape cases, in part because victims are often afraid to come forward initially, but that's a debate for another thread.

As to the rest... like I said, their's no proof. But considering the emphasis so many on the Left place on believing and supporting victims in other cases, the unwillingness to apply that standard to Bill Clinton is striking to say the least.
There is a cost-benefit ratio with rape cases that influences whether someone will report. In most cases, the cost in terms of social stigma, time, psych trauma etc outweighs the benefit (which can only be expressed in subjective terms, really) substantially, so false reports are unlikely. 2-8% maximum from empirical data. In these cases, the accusation itself is enough to make me think "Ok. He either did it, or the victim is telling the truth but could be mistaken about perp ID given the right conditions". Not enough for me to convict if I were on a jury, but enough that I wont let the guy near my sister or anyone else I care about who IDs as a woman.

However, with someone like Bill Clinton, suddenly people have something to gain through false accusations that can make the time, stigma etc worth it. So the rate goes up. And most rapists are repeat offenders, even when they are never caught (undetected rapists on college campuses for instance on average rape 4-5 women while in university, we know this because they admit it when asked by researchers using words other than rape), so if this was something Bill did, when the first accusation cropped up in the 1990s, if it were true, one would expect others to come forward as well. Like with the Bill Cosby case once the accusations were well-publicized, it created something of an avalanche. Once the first person comes forward, other victims feel much safer coming forward against a powerful person. No dice there with Bill Clinton thus far.
The part about the lack of subsequent accusers is a fair point, as long as it holds up.

I will point out, though, that Bill Clinton's status and power cuts both ways. It creates an incentive to go after him, but also gives him more power to defend himself and strike back at any accusers.
In the end, in the absence confirmation, the likelihoods have to be assessed through a sort of back of the napkin bayesian analysis. Our priors indicate (or at least mine, because I am pretty sure most people dont think the way I do in terms of probabilities) that there is a high probability of a false accusation with Bill Clinton. I am not so wed to the idea that I will reject evidence or try to excuse his behavior if he did rape someone... but so far the weight of evidence is, by my estimation, in the metaphorical negative column. Now, if the avalanche of accusations start up with the publicity of this particular case... I will be forced to re-evaluate.
Fair enough.

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

What does Bill Clinton being a PoS have to do with Hillary Clinton? To my knowledge she's never assaulted women sexually and bragged about it on audio tape. Hillary is the candidate, not Bill. But leave it to Republipukes to assume a woman will do what "her man" tells her to.

I mean I don't care if Bill Clinton raped a busload of Catholic nuns (beyond the horrors of rape) when it comes down to it because he's not on the fucking ballot.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Perhaps.

Although as far as I know, that being Clinton's plan for the no-fly zone is just speculation.

In any case, I don't see how anyone could look at what happened tonight, or in the last couple of days, and say that Donald Trump is the better option.
It requires a lot of self inflicted brain damage. So basically (white) long term drunks, (white) crack/meth-heads, and (white) elderly people with dementia. So like 1/3 of the Republican party as of this minute.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: Well they are not all accusing him of rape. One is rape, one is a former mistress, two others if I recall some form of sexual harassment or another. The other is the women who's alleged rapist Hillary defended back in the 70s.
The last one is, btw, completely true- in that Hillary Clinton was a public defender, not that she liked doing so. The prosecution botched the case iirc, which is why he got off. (There's also a Republican smear going around that she 'laughed about it'... said smear using video from a laugh taken from an unrelated event a decade later). In short? Hillary Clinton was a lawyer.

Former mistress? Also true. Other form of sexual harassment? I think they're true. But, well, not Hillary.
Flagg wrote:What does Bill Clinton being a PoS have to do with Hillary Clinton? To my knowledge she's never assaulted women sexually and bragged about it on audio tape. Hillary is the candidate, not Bill. But leave it to Republipukes to assume a woman will do what "her man" tells her to.
Which is the key point. It's guilt by association- and often trying to wave up accusations out of thin air that Hillary did this or that against them, all of which seem unsubstantiated.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The Romulan Republic wrote:But back to Trump being a fucking piece of shit: Trump, stop trying to invoke Bernie Sanders. You do not care about Bernie Sanders, or his supporters, or any of the things we value. Stop trying to ride a better man's coattails.
Hey, he has to. He can't very well ride a worse man's coattails. Where in American politics would he find one?
Patroklos wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Though on that note: can someone please ask Secretary Clinton how she expects to enforce a no-fly zone in Syria without firing on the Russian airforce and potentially provoking World War III?
Easy, don't attack the Russians. As we discussed before, no candidate has said anything about attacking the Russians, or enforcing a no-fly zone on them.
How do we shoot at non-Russian planes in Syria without accidentally shooting Russian planes? Historically this has been something of a problem for us. I'm sure we can try, but accidental shoot-downs of the wrong aircraft are a thing that happens.
Flagg wrote:What does Bill Clinton being a PoS have to do with Hillary Clinton? To my knowledge she's never assaulted women sexually and bragged about it on audio tape. Hillary is the candidate, not Bill. But leave it to Republipukes to assume a woman will do what "her man" tells her to.

I mean I don't care if Bill Clinton raped a busload of Catholic nuns (beyond the horrors of rape) when it comes down to it because he's not on the fucking ballot.
To be fair, it is highly unlikely that Bill will play any less of a role in Hillary's administration than Hillary played in Bill's. Bill Clinton has, if anything, greater depth of political experience and greater skills in that department than his wife (not that his wife is a slouch in either area).

If I were married to someone like that, and I won the Oval Office, I know I'd be making use of their advice and relying on their support. So Bill's character is relevant in that capacity if nothing else.

If Hillary's press secretary, or her chief of staff, were accused of similar offenses, I would consider it roughly equally legitimate to bring up those accusations too.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

They talked about Trump's answer at the end about Clinton's good feature being sincere. It sounded to me like he was telling the RNC that he's going down with the ship.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Simon_Jester wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:But back to Trump being a fucking piece of shit: Trump, stop trying to invoke Bernie Sanders. You do not care about Bernie Sanders, or his supporters, or any of the things we value. Stop trying to ride a better man's coattails.
Hey, he has to. He can't very well ride a worse man's coattails. Where in American politics would he find one?
Patroklos wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Though on that note: can someone please ask Secretary Clinton how she expects to enforce a no-fly zone in Syria without firing on the Russian airforce and potentially provoking World War III?
Easy, don't attack the Russians. As we discussed before, no candidate has said anything about attacking the Russians, or enforcing a no-fly zone on them.
How do we shoot at non-Russian planes in Syria without accidentally shooting Russian planes? Historically this has been something of a problem for us. I'm sure we can try, but accidental shoot-downs of the wrong aircraft are a thing that happens.

To be fair, it is highly unlikely that Bill will play any less of a role in Hillary's administration than Hillary played in Bill's. Bill Clinton has, if anything, greater depth of political experience and greater skills in that department than his wife (not that his wife is a slouch in either area).

If I were married to someone like that, and I won the Oval Office, I know I'd be making use of their advice and relying on their support. So Bill's character is relevant in that capacity if nothing else.

If Hillary's press secretary, or her chief of staff, were accused of similar offenses, I would consider it roughly equally legitimate to bring up those accusations too.
I highly doubt Bill Clinton will play much of a role in the Hillary Clinton White House on an official basis. I could be wrong and if I am I'll say so, but I think that at most he will be an advisor in private with no real authority like most 1st ladies have been. Since there's been no indication by Hillary Clinton that Slick Willy will serve in any official capacity, his misdeeds are his own, not his wife's, so to even bring it up is guilt by association.

I mean I've heard some shit from loony leftists who still eat the feces right from Bernout Slander's rectum (damn near killed 'em) and from some Republicans that she is somehow just as guilty as Bill because she didn't divorce him after the Monica BlreClintsky nonsense, which is hilarious coming from the ultra-Right Wing Republicans with their whole "divorce is bad" platform and just sad coming from the Bernie or bust crowd (all 7 of them).
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Didn't see much of the debate, but Trump looked resigned and listless for the most part. Probably gotten bored of this game now and wants to do something more exciting.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I agree that Clinton should not be subject to character assassination via her marriage to Bill.

It would, at some reasonable minimum, be appropriate to ask:
1) Do you intend for Bill Clinton to play an advisory role in your administration?
2) If so, what comment do you have on issues XYZ, regarding his character?

That much, I think the public is entitled to know. If the answer to (1) is "no," then it is entirely appropriate to answer (2) with "my marriage is none of your business."

I suspect, however, that an honest answer to (1) is "yes," especially since Hillary played an advisory role during That Other Clinton Administration, to the point where she was in charge of actual important policy initiatives.

In which case some answer to (2) is in order, if only "I have reason to believe that the accusations against him are self-contradictory and therefore false" or some such.

I would ask similar questions regarding anyone else close to Hillary Clinton, and feel within my rights to do so.
Last edited by Simon_Jester on 2016-10-10 09:51am, edited 1 time in total.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Oy, Hillary really could have done better this go around.

Yeah, the CNN poll says more people think she won, but this go around it was only because Trump was still terrible.

Here's hoping she's more on the ball next debate.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

As long as Trump fails to make headway against Clinton, at this point it has largely ceased to matter, though a strong Clinton showing to further establish her superiority as a candidate would be welcome.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

So just to jump into the middle of all the back and forth to give a shot "OpEd" piece...

The inevitable downfall of Trump, specifically in regards to him constantly going back over and over to shore up his "Base" while continuing to exclude virtually any attempt to get more moderate voters, I feel is the crystallization of a prediction I made almost 9 years ago, watching things head into Obama v McCain.

To Wit:
Because of the nature of the modern, hyper partisan Republican party.
Any Candidate that is "Conservative enough" to win the nomination process, will, by default, be TOO conservative to win the general election.

In both McCain and Romney we saw the reverse of this.
Highly Conservative candidates who still tried to water things down enough to appeal to moderate voters.
The result of this was to put water on the Fire of the Hyper conservative base and end up with a luke warm turnout.
Trump however is the end result of this.

After two election cycles of "Establishment" candidates that are deemed failures.
The rise of Trump quite literally gave the base everything they EVER Wanted in a candidate.
Tacet racism, misogyny, a promise of greatness we know never existed...
And nowise we look back, we can see how such a candidate, from the very start, had no possibility of ever winning the moderate central voters needed to election win an election.

So, just my two cents.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

And regarding the #TrumpWins tag on Twitter trending (the #TrumpWon tag after the debate before this one was found to originate in Russia), I decided to make a "funny" taunt on Twitter.

Translation for those who don't know Russian (like me).

Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Actually, it roughly translates to:

Hey Putin cyberwarses no help you now.

The problem with Russian is, google translate always fails to use the appropriate grammatical case. Or use the plural correctly.

Here's the correct version: эй, Путин, кибервойна вам уже не поможет.

Assalti Frontali
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

One has to wonder if trump's attitude last night was a carefully considered ACT.

Something comes out that's really bad about him, he issues a 'strongly expressed' apology, and then he's all listless.

Like he feels guilty and remorseful.

It's possible that, in a week or two, he'll come back all 'fire and brimstone', and when asked about it: "well, I felt horrible about that old tape that I said something like that, that I acted like that. But, I'm done punishing myself. I mean, after all, Clinton.... (blah blah blah)."
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.