A disturbing theory about ST weapons figures

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

The really odd thing is that he has so many of the little, itsy bitsy detail that most normal sites screw up correct. IE The proper designation for the Nebulon B Frigate and the Genosian Fighter.

Yet he is off by other things so badly... TIEs can't even destroy X-wings according to him. And unless the "grams" in the concussion missiles is grams of antimatter, I can go down to the fireworks shop and make a bigger boom.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

If wilkens does not get a response, I would like to be the one from here to try to engage him in debate.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Hey get this: Check out the links section. Guess who he links to?

Darkstar!
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

His sw shit is bad enought, read his tech stuff on star-trek!!!!
Turbolasers and Superlasers
Among pre-warp interstellar societies, the standard "laser" weapon is typically one that projects a hybrid laser/particle beam capable of stun- or thermal-level nuclear disruption effects. Although the sustained-fire laser cannon is a good general-purpose vehicular weapon among pre-warp interstellar navies, its effects can be mitigated or even deflected altogether by energetic protective measures such as polarized hull armor and electromagnetic defense fields. Accordingly, a number of particularly advanced pre-warp navies have developed augmented lasers capable of defeating such defenses.

As with augmented blasters, there are two major types of augmented lasers:

The turbolaser is the most common form of augmented laser, and typically utilizes a turbine generator and banks of capacitors to build up and store the energy needed for it to generate a high-energy bolt capable of overcoming a pre-warp capital ship's defenses (as well as providing twice the firepower of a standard laser cannon). The turbolaser typically had a firing cycle of 2 seconds, though the weapon can forgo the use of its capacitors for use as an improvised rapid-fire laser cannon to deal with light enemy craft (though its mechanical mounting and minimum Type-4 size made it relatively clumsy for such a task).

In contrast, the superlaser is a turbolaser that substitutes the turbine generator for the platform's own main power plant, and utilizes vast banks of capacitors that usually occupy a significant fraction of the platform's hull. This enables the superlaser to generate energy bolts concentrated enough to defeat a planetary EM defense field as well as attaining four times the firepower of a standard laser, but it also precludes the weapon from bypassing its capacitors during operation (and makes the weapon far too clumsy for a trainable mount, especially with its Type-6 minimum size). As such, this weapon has an average firing cycle of 3,600 seconds (60 seconds as an improvised turbolaser). Accordingly, the only practical armament configuration for a pre-warp superlaser-armed platform is a single axially-mounted superlaser supplemented by an extensive secondary armament of turbolasers and laser cannons. Indeed, for pre-warp societies, the resources required to develop and build a superlaser and its platform are so difficult to obtain that such a weapon system is usually only considered when it is in its antiproton variant, allowing the superlaser to double as a strategic weapon.
Where the hell does he get this stuff?
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Up his ass and around the corner. Duh.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Stravo wrote:GOD,you can just hear this moron grunting in pleasure as he wrote down that list with ABSOULTELY no cannon to back up a SINGLE number. It's utterly laughable....who is this guy and can we coax him to come here?
The 1 Soyuz figure has canon backing..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Ender wrote:Hey get this: Check out the links section. Guess who he links to?

Darkstar!
Well thats it... I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but he has links to darkstar on his website. Its all down hill from here
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

If these weapons yields were correct, wouldn't Star Wars ships be instantly destroyed by the sun while in orbit of any world warm enough to be inhabited by humans?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I think so. Shows how much this guy knows, when he thinks that ships can be destroyed by power levels given off by stars.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

theheap wrote:
Ender wrote:Hey get this: Check out the links section. Guess who he links to?

Darkstar!
Well thats it... I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but he has links to darkstar on his website. Its all down hill from here
Here's something for all to check.

On that idiot's page is the link to http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/yoda/191/ds9/, from there click on the ST and SW ship sizes link, and check out the magnification thing on the bottom of that page.

Now check http://home.att.net/~tomjlee/startrek/charts.html, notice anything?
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Oops, that should be http://home.att.net/~tomjlee/startrek/s ... index.html.

I don't know how someone can have links to respected and/or mostly accurate websites then turn around and come up with http://home.att.net/~tomjlee/startrek/s ... s/fed.html :roll:
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Lord of the Farce wrote:notice anything?
Not really. I gather that you do, however. Share?
「かかっ―」
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I don't really think this guy is stupid.
Crazy, yes. But not stupid.

Seriously, this stuff is almost borderline insanity.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

XaLEv wrote: Not really. I gather that you do, however. Share?
Probably just my imagination, or maybe not (his exayotta watt crap for Trek ships are pretty fucked up, so maybe...). But it just seemed to me like his size charts are like a total mish-mash of the ships from the half-decent size charts of Death Star Nine, like he was using 1x for the Star Wars ships, and then turning around and using 4x. He doesn't actually use the same pictures, but when a 16764m Sovereign pop up out of nowhere :roll:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote: I don't really think this guy is stupid.
Crazy, yes. But not stupid.

Seriously, this stuff is almost borderline insanity.
More likely, it's the info used for some Fanatical Trekkies' ST/SW crossover wank-off RPG :twisted:
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:400 watt guns.

Does that moron know thats a few directed light bulbs?
No, apperantly not. Here's a quote that would blow his mind; :twisted:

"Phased plasma rifle, 600 megawatt range." -T-800, Cyberdyne Systems Model 101, 'Terminator' shopping for anti personel weapons

Though I'm still laughing at the 16km long Sovereign. :lol:
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Lord of the Farce wrote:
Probably just my imagination, or maybe not (his exayotta watt crap for Trek ships are pretty fucked up, so maybe...). But it just seemed to me like his size charts are like a total mish-mash of the ships from the half-decent size charts of Death Star Nine, like he was using 1x for the Star Wars ships, and then turning around and using 4x. He doesn't actually use the same pictures, but when a 16764m Sovereign pop up out of nowhere :roll:
I wondered if that was what you meant, but it didn't look like that to me.
「かかっ―」
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Look at what Darkstar said at SpaceBattle's

Originally posted by Isil'Zha
I think the funniest part is how, like a 5 year old, makes up rediculously large numbers for ST, and pretty much nothing for SW... lol
Darkstar replies:
Originally posted by DarkStar

(dons flame-retardant suit)

What's the difference between that site and Wong's site? Flip the numbers, and the story is similar.
http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/showt ... post829688
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Look at what Darkstar said at SpaceBattle's
Hey, thanks. I didn't even have to come put the concept here before you'd already posted it for me. :)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

He posted it as another example of your stupidity. Your site is outlandish because it ignores so much information. Wong's site is legitimate because it makes calculations based on data collected from the movies and other canon sources.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

DarkStar wrote:
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Look at what Darkstar said at SpaceBattle's
Hey, thanks. I didn't even have to come put the concept here before you'd already posted it for me. :)

I posted it to show what a moron you are for believing it.
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

No wait of course you're right.

Yes, Mike makes ST ships highly vulnerable to lightbulbs and SW have 1 shot BDZs...
Bender and God, Futurama
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Lord of the Farce wrote: Probably just my imagination, or maybe not (his exayotta watt crap for Trek ships are pretty fucked up, so maybe...). But it just seemed to me like his size charts are like a total mish-mash of the ships from the half-decent size charts of Death Star Nine, like he was using 1x for the Star Wars ships, and then turning around and using 4x. He doesn't actually use the same pictures, but when a 16764m Sovereign pop up out of nowhere :roll:
Death Star Nine heeheehee
*giggles like a 11-year-old girl*

Erm, sorry.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Howedar its giggles like an 11 year old school girl is the proper turn of phrase for a decidetly twisted phrase

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

You all need to calm down. It is mentally impossible for someone to watch even a single movie or episode of ST and come up with these numbers. Just look at his scaling pic for the Sovereign. The windows on that 16 km monster would be hundreds of meters across. Somebody is fucking with the vs. community, that's all.

Raise your opinion of the human race--nobody is this stupid. Not even Scooter.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

You say that as if you really believe it...
Supermod