ST/SW college essay

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

ST/SW college essay

Post by thecreech »

just found it searching around, though some of you might like to read it. He sure does like the phrase "they're different but similar in a lot of ways"

http://www.chuckiii.com/Reports/Miscell ... Trek.shtml
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Bah, doesn't discuss technical, which is all that matters. Less then 1000 words.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

He forgot to mention that Star Wars characters cloak themselves in leotards and vests when on dangerous missions....
Still i'd give it a D.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Few quotes lets you know this guy is not from SB or SD.net
All in all Star Wars has stunning fictional technology which really creates the right atmosphere for the dialogue. Star Trek, however, seems to have a more realistic approach to technology
Star Trek has pathetic tasers which look like garage door openers, but can be set to stun to preserve life instead of vaporizing it
Star Trek’s technology resembles the most likely future of technology, which adds to the realism of Star Trek.
. Star Wars tends to have very primitive alien life, for example the wookies and ewoks
Droids are very human in emotions and in appearance. Star Trek’s leaders are over-acheiving pioneers who are middle aged, highly experienced, and unwilling to compromise a mission based on their emotions.
The leaders are headstrong rebels who are very young, inexperienced, and emotional. Star Wars seems to appeal to a younger crowd.

Overal objections and all aside, This is a Mr Bean's
F on a level of College papers, Seing as I had to write so many of them(Even some during High-School)
The avarage brain-dead teacher in a public school system would give this a D-C while the avarage Proffesor would give it an F, At a Private School he would always swear at the student

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

A college paper! Bean, I hate to think that this dribble passes for a college paper but then again, I shouldn't cast the first stone as I wrote a paper on NWA's "Straight out of Compton". :)
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

seeing that I have written many college papers myself, I can't belive anyone would be dumb enough to actually buy all that shit about ST.

I would if I am in good mood give it a D, a F is more likely as my HS english teacher, yes that Shithead give me that exact same load of crap about his "moral superiorty" and other crap :evil:

I like the quote on middle-age ST people, my shithead english teacher used that part of his age to bitch his head off about how horrible his life is and how is alway going to be ticked off.

mr. beam sorry about that off comment rant on english teacher, but that arrogant nitwit was responsiblie for greatly lowering my GPA during my HS senior year so I still held a grudge toward his kind, it periodily appears.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

I won't grade it. But that was pretty bad. What was he thinking? Wow.

/me shakes head and shrugs.
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Man, reading that essay makes me want to read DITL for intellectual study :p
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

That essay sucked. To think that someone was going to turn that in for college credit is ludicrous. He must not be going to any college I would respect.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I hope that his teacher is a warsie. And that he/she reads it aloud to the class pointing out he flaws and stupidity in that essay.

But seriuosly I could write a better essay than that drunk.(and I have) :lol:
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
CorSec
Jedi Knight

Post by CorSec »

... and unwilling to compromise a mission based on their emotions.
Did he even watch Star Trek? That's their impetus for doing damn near anything on those shows!
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Giant suckage.
Star Trek and realistic clearly indicates this kid has no more grasp of basic science than a carrot.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

This is nonsense, other than data,(and lore) and then only on three occasions, when have we seen Trek droids having emotions
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And with the demies of Lore you can't say Driods as there is only one :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Didnt Data's "Mother" have emotions? and his Daughter although it killed her.