To prove a point

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

To prove a point

Post by Jack Lain »

We all know that a real hair, ripped shirt, with blood in the corner of his mouth, Kirk beats the fucking hell out of an ISD! Single-handed.

Nothing can compete with this image of Kirk. Even Palpy, in all his glory would fall to the kirk-fu and die a terrible death. Hell, he was picked up by his second and thrown into the pit.

Now we can debate that Kirk can get that close. Ok, fine. But a Kirk in the shape I listed above is immortal.

Give it up SW, you lose versus the one on one Kirk fight. Muhahahah! ;)
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Kirk vs. Death Star, Kirk punches Death Star, Death Star blows up. Palpy grumbles about Kirk's damned ripped shirt.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Re: To prove a point

Post by Howedar »

Jack Lain wrote:We all know that a real hair, ripped shirt, with blood in the corner of his mouth, Kirk beats the fucking hell out of an ISD! Single-handed.

Nothing can compete with this image of Kirk. Even Palpy, in all his glory would fall to the kirk-fu and die a terrible death. Hell, he was picked up by his second and thrown into the pit.

Now we can debate that Kirk can get that close. Ok, fine. But a Kirk in the shape I listed above is immortal.

Give it up SW, you lose versus the one on one Kirk fight. Muhahahah! ;)
Wow, that is certainly worth posting.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

No we still have Uber invicible Solo or Super Wedge the man who can not die as long as he's in an X-wing or

Wes-Janson
The one who shall defeat them all!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

SuperKirk vs. a Super Star Destroyer.... Kirk glares and it explodes.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Well the main weakness of Kirk is first his shirt must be ripped for the invincibility to be activated, so the ISD would just vaporize him with a single shot, no way to rip the shirt anymore.
Supermod
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

"The secret compartment in my shirt I fill with an underdog super-energy pill."

Yeah, the problem is that the shirt must be ripped, first. Perhaps that is why Picard was always tucking in the damn thing. He didn't want to be invincible. :shock:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Fuck character shields.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I hate them too. They're unfair, and they work for the bad guys.
Supermod
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Cpt_Frank wrote:I hate them too. They're unfair, and they work for the bad guys.

It's a bloody cop-out. "Duh, Kirk will rip his shirt and be invincible! Yeah!"
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Btw I meant they don't work for the bad guys.
Supermod
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Fuck character shields.
I hate them too, they allow all those fanatics to constantly spout stupid claims of stormtroopers are poor shots, can't beat teddy bears and the constant idea that Mr. star character would save the ass of their universe in a fight.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Hmm. Had not considered that the shirt must be ripped first. I suppose that Kirk is above ripping his own shirt. Stupid Second Directive - no shirt ripping. Damn!

Stupid Kirk!

Well, anyway, have a day then.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Btw, does the ripped shirt effect even come to bear when Kirk rips the shirt himself? Or if he cuts his face a bit so that the blood stain appears?
I for one think the shirt must be ripped by the enemy. Otherwise, it won't work.
Supermod
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

The entire Ripped-Shirt Kirk argument is a stupid copout, and doesn't have anything to do with a serious debate. I've been seeing a lot of these threads around here lately... and it's not making this place look very appealing.

Knock it off. This is exactly what happened with Spacebattle's VS forum, and why I left it. Everyone was debating about the strength of the character shields. Try to pit two characters, e.g. Han Solo and Captain Kirk against each other, and someone would reply "Well, Han Solo would rip Kirk's shirt, so therefore Kirk would win." From that point on, all seriousness would vanish.

Is that how we're going to debate ST vs SW? Why not just say ST gets help from the Culture?

Yes, I'm kind of in a bad mood; I've been doing damage control, trying to keep your pathetic reputation from going down faster than the Titanic on other forums. Unless GAT disagrees, thread closed.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF