What is your Favorite Command And Conquer Game?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Classic Command and Conquer, Tiberian Dawn
17%
C & C Red Alert(includes expantions)
36%
C & C Tiberian Sun(includes Expantion)
5%
C & C Red Alert II
21%
C & C Yuri's Revenge
12%
C & C Renegade
No votes
C & C Generals
10%

Total votes: 42

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

What is your Favorite C & C Game and why?
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

I've only played RA, C&C:TB, RA2, RA2: Yuri's Revenge

My best: RA2

The pace is fast, the storyline is cool, the chics hot (though that Soviet chic in RA was great, too), the units cool (prism tank madness), bashing visuals fun to watch.
Yuri's Revenge was fun, IMHO but not as good as RA2.
RA had a quite serious feeling in it, so it was good, but not fun.
Tiberian Sun.....@#$%

Edit: "My best"..................I think I should go off line for some sleep. :wink:
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Sokar
Jedi Master

Post by Sokar »

For me , while the original C&C games were great, they hit their apex with Red Alert 2 for me. Its got a great unit set , fun setting and fairly unique and noticably diffrent sides. The Soviets, Allies and Yuri all have distinct play styles that make each of them fun. NOD and GDI always just felt like clones of each other with a few distinct specials.

I also love the alternate history and technology setting of the Red Alert series wth the advanced Allies with their Chronotech and the Tesla teched Soviets. Just plain good fun.
BotM
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Who here has found the secret Dinosaur missions in C&C?
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

PRISM TANKS! RAWR! Shiny burning death!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Red Alert of course.
Supermod
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

I've never played C&C before.. but have heard some good things about it.. what are your opinions on the game in general, as I might try to pick it up later on?
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The original Red Alert, followed by Red Alert II.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Tiberian Dawn, original and still by far the best.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Okay, maybe I should ask WHY certain ones are good...
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

Generals!!! I love playing the barely-disguised Al-Queda!
GLA! Pissed off? Make an angry mob an arm them with AKs!
The worker almost made me piss myself "Im so hungry" Too bad bitch, get to work. HEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE!!!
Suicide Bombing shinandigans!
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Tiberian Sun.

I rarely cared about the plot - which is odd, because normally I care more about plot than gameplay or mechanics (which is why I was able to finish the abhorrent MEAT PUPPET on PC, the barely-legible HAIL TO THE KING on PS/1, and several insanity-generating NES games of old.

But essentially, I liked the whole 'stomping around the countryside in GIANT mechs' concept. Couldn't get enough of it. Played as the allies ALL the time, because I never wanted MY troops to sneak around in flimsy-armored NOD wuss-mobiles.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Isolder74 wrote:Who here has found the secret Dinosaur missions in C&C?
Checked a gameboard:

First you have to have "The Covert Operation" expansion disk, then you enter MS-DOS mode, go into the game directory and type c&c95 funpark
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:Who here has found the secret Dinosaur missions in C&C?
Checked a gameboard:

First you have to have "The Covert Operation" expansion disk, then you enter MS-DOS mode, go into the game directory and type c&c95 funpark
"The Covert Operations" was a fucking hard mission disk and the fucking dinosaur missions especially so. Especially with the fucking invisible dinos bug, and even more so when a fucking T-Rex could take out two fucking mammoth tanks.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Original Red Alert. Supreme coolness :twisted:
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

weemadando wrote: "The Covert Operations" was a fucking hard mission disk and the fucking dinosaur missions especially so. Especially with the fucking invisible dinos bug, and even more so when a fucking T-Rex could take out two fucking mammoth tanks.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Lucky I didn't buy that game or my computer coulda been bashed first :D :D :D

At least in RA2 we have Tanya/Boris to shoot the T-Rexes :D
Member of Justice League
meNNis
Padawan Learner

Post by meNNis »

Tanya was from the original RA, dumbass :roll:
<middle finger> Fuck political correctness </middle finger>

"Most people are of average intelligence." ~ Wicked Pilot (I happen to disagree)

Anti-PETA / Anti-Facist League

PROUD to be a Libertarian-American-Warmongering-Warsie-Asshole, Thank you.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

The secret ant campaign missions of Red Alert. Damn those Ants were hard to kill.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

meNNis wrote:Tanya was from the original RA, dumbass :roll:
Tanya was in BOTH GAMES dumbass.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
meNNis
Padawan Learner

Post by meNNis »

No shit, but he makes it sound like RA2 is better cause it has Tanya, as if it wasn't in the original RA first :roll:
<middle finger> Fuck political correctness </middle finger>

"Most people are of average intelligence." ~ Wicked Pilot (I happen to disagree)

Anti-PETA / Anti-Facist League

PROUD to be a Libertarian-American-Warmongering-Warsie-Asshole, Thank you.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Hm, Red Alert 2....preferably with the Yuri's Revenge add on to bring in all those extra fun units for multiplayer......

It's always so much fun multiplayer.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Question. Why can we vote for all the games with their add-ons EXCEPT RA2 and Yuri's revenge? When I voted RA2 I am including Yuri's revenge in with that.

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

meNNis wrote:No shit, but he makes it sound like RA2 is better cause it has Tanya, as if it wasn't in the original RA first :roll:
RA2 has a better Tanya though. She automaticaly fires at enemies, can sink ships, and as of Yuri's Revenge she can bomb vehicles.

Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

And more importantly...cant be run over.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

C&C Generals, believe it or not. It is the most realistic C&C games ever, IMHO. About a single hit from a tank can kill a jeep; you need rocket launcher to kill tanks (unlike in previous C&Cs where sufficient rifle infantry can kill tanks); and you can place your infantry inside buildings to bolster your defence (like in real world warfare: use tank to break through enemy defense and infantry to hold & occupy a territory).