What is your Political Party Affiliation?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

jegs2
Imperial Spook

Re: What is your Political Party Affiliation?

Post by jegs2 »

EmperorSolo51 wrote:What Political Party are you affilated? What party will you plan to vote for when election time rolls around. I am going to be registered this october with the Republican Party and I plan to vote down the line republican in 2004.
Republican. I've voted the party line since '88.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I'm indepenpent and I swing both ways of the spectrum for certain issues.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Not a party member, but liberal and usually leaning a bit towards the social democratic party.
That'd be hard-line communist by US standards. :P
Supermod
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Not a party member, but liberal and usually leaning a bit towards the social democratic party.
I feel your pain, brotha.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
Cpt_Frank wrote:Not a party member, but liberal and usually leaning a bit towards the social democratic party.
I feel your pain, brotha.
Ah but I don't complain (I don't live in the US after all :mrgreen: ).

Since I'm not a party member I also have no problems accepting some of the ideas coming from the more conservative elements.
Supermod
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Galvatron wrote:Libertarian. Both the Democrats and Republicans want to trample our rights and expand our already bloated government. Less freedom, more taxes. Fuck 'em.
Agreed. Too bad I can't vote.

THe claim that voting for a third party is stupid, since when did one vote matter- though in significant numbers they can hurt the other party closest to your political beliefs. What's with everyone hating Nader? Elaborate on the things I don't know.

Many people are sheep, who consistently vote for the same party every time :roll: , ignoring the issues. Like my mother- well that's also because of the religious factor, since fundies vote for fundies...

Really, I don't care, since most issues that I do care about are the result of individual politicians, and I don't pay taxes (yet). Except the republicans seem to have more fundies- and their idea of making the "Patriot Act" permanent, which is why I don't like them. Also apathy of consumer rights, etc etc.. What happened to the Republican party of Ted Roosevelt's days?

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor