New fic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Admiral
Village Idiot

New fic

Post by The Admiral »

If anyone wants I can, send you a bit of ficton I'm working, Its a novel in progress, called Once and Once again.
Based on What would of Happened if thrawn suvived Bilbringe.
(Please tell me you know who thrawn is...)

Oh Hi!

Mike
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: New fic

Post by fgalkin »

The Admiral wrote:If anyone wants I can, send you a bit of ficton I'm working, Its a novel in progress, called Once and Once again.
Based on What would of Happened if thrawn suvived Bilbringe.
(Please tell me you know who thrawn is...)

Oh Hi!

Mike
Well, hello there, and *poke*. :D Feel free to post your fic here.

Oh, and of course we know who Thrawn is. He's the Super Moderator of this board! :D

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Admiral
Village Idiot

Post by The Admiral »

Don't worry I will...
Are you sure you don't mind a 24 page post?

Mike
To kill one, it is a great tragedy,
To kill one million, it is a statisic" -Stalin
“Mission? What mission, you never said anything about a mission.”- Sarah Grimshaw

“Ohhh my god, The Admiral’s gone mad.” –Admiral Halsey

I do what I damn well want to, it’s my ship –Admiral Halsey

Because you, my dear are not suppose to be here. –Hanna Logan

“Huh, I suppose you felt that thought the force” – Sarah Grimshaw
“No I felt it though my foot, let’s go.” – Mara Jade
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The Admiral wrote:Don't worry I will...
Are you sure you don't mind a 24 page post?

Mike
Well, you should check out the size of the other fanfics in this forum. So no, I don't think that 24 pages is too much (unless you're referring to thread pages ( :shock: )).

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Admiral
Village Idiot

Post by The Admiral »

K...
I think this is my lateist bit...
Prologue

“We have been revenged.” There was a whisper of movement and Rukh was gone. Pelleaon gasped and reached for the Emergency alert, trying twice before he was able to reach. Then he turned to look at his master Grand Admiral Thrawn, the alien stagiest that had come out of exile in the unknown regions to lead the empire to victory. As he looked the Grand Admirals eyes slid shut, their red glow extinguished forever, and Thrawn last of the Grand Admirals was gone. Captain Pelleaon slumped in his command chair his throat badly bruised after the attack of the traitorous Nogri Rukh. The bridge crew were running about as they tried to control the situation that was rapidly slipping though their fingers. Pelleaon struggled to overcome the horror of what he had just seen, Thrawn killed? The thought was alien to him, how could this of happened? He looked out onto the battlefield all around him, the empire losing, this couldn’t be happing. Then his imperial training took over. It was happening, and as highest-ranking officer left alive, it was his job to do something about it.
“Captain Pelleaon?” The comm officer called urgently as the medic team rushed in- too late to help the now deceased Admiral, his blood spreading across his white uniform the tip of Rukh’s knife still sticking out of the centre of his chest. “The Nemesis and Stormhawk are requesting orders. What should I tell them?”
He looked out of the view ports, at the burning shipyard the drifting remains of their defending stations and ships, and the rebel fleet moving towards his battered fleet of survivors. Perhaps Thrawn would of know what to do, but Thrawn was dead, and now he Captain Pelleaon, a 66 year old officer had to take charge of the remains of the once mighty imperial fleet. His grey moustache drooped at the thought. In the blink of an eye the universe had suddenly turned against him, and there was nothing he could do about it.
“Signal to all ships” He rasped, still having trouble speaking after Rukh’s treacherous attack. But even if he had been fine the words would still have hurt his throat.
“Prepare to retreat.”
As he uttered those words he wished that he could know what would have happened if it had all been different, what would have happened in some far of universe where he had made other choices, choices he could now see he had been wrong in. What would have happened if Moff Thorqurn’s attempted takeover of the Empire had not been Thwarted by his treasonous actions, what would have happened if he hadn’t refused to promote that brilliant but arrogant ensign Halsey, What would have happened if perhaps Thrawn had survived Rukh’s attack. And most important of all what would of happened to him?

Little did he know in a Galaxy a long time ago and far, far away, his wish was coming true and another captain Pelleaon was about to find out just what would of happened.

THIS IS HIS STORY…
ONCE AND ONCE AGAIN
Part one of the alternate timelines trilogy.
Once and once again

Chapter 1: The beginning of an end
Onboard the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimura

“We have been revenged,” came the soft Nogri voice from behind Thrawn's command chair. Then the soft whisper of the aft doors closing then, silence.
Pelleaon strained his neck to get a closer look at the Grand Admiral. He was sitting perfectly still in his command chair, as though nothing had happened; the only difference was the Nogri knife, sticking out of his chest like the mast of a sinking ship, his chest rising and falling like the waves after the storm, and the red glow that had always shone from his eyes was dieing out. Pelleaon tried to gasp in horror but the noise stuck in his throat. Then, as if pulled by a string, Thrawn’s head turned to Pelleaon.
The look in Thrawn’s glowing red eyes was so intense it was all Pelleaon could do not to cry; the look was one of fear, betrayal and of final defeat.
“Captain,” Thrawn gasped then fell silent.
“Admiral?” Pelleaon gasped as his hand reached for the alarm button and pushed it. The alarm klaxon blared out, drowning out the noises of combat before the raised voices drowned it out.
Thrawn’s head fell side ways, and the medics rushed in for what seemed like a lost cause. Then though the bridge view port Pelleaon saw the approaching shape of a rebel cruiser, a few seconds later it opened fire with its masses of laser fire, explosions rippled across the Chimera’s hull.
“Captain,” Someone yelled, “We’ve lost the portside defector shield.” Pelleaon knew that with shields down, the rebel fleet closing, the shipyards breached and worst of all, the Admiral dead or wounded, there was nothing he could do.
“Signal the fleet,” he croaked “prepare to retreat”
“Aye, sir” came the grim response from the comm officer followed by the sound of muffled voices, as he began talking into his headset. Disaster reigned on the bridge, fire burnt in some consoles, a few of the officers were down dead or badly wounded, and still more had burns on there clothing. Then the bridges light dimmed and sparks flew again.
“Sir,” came the voice of a crewer in the port crew pit, “That was our remaining shields. If we don’t leave now, we’re done for”
“All right,” Pelleaon called, his voice bitter with defeat, as he slumped back into his command chair, the strain of 51 years in the fleet weighing on him heavily, his white moustache drooping for the first time in years, “get us out of here.” Then all he saw was intense light then the blackness of hyperspace.

Meanwhile, on the sunny water world of Knal, birds flew, the sun shone, the sky was a clear blue with not a cloud in sight; all would have been perfect, except for one minor detail: Sarah Grimshaw was fighting for her life.
It had all started out as a normal robbery: the gang had approached her, and demanded money, but then as she reached into her pocket to pay them one of the five gang members had cried out,
“Hey, I know her, she’s with CorSec.” This had quite surprised her never having been anywhere near the Corellia system before, let alone joining their police force, but the gang was obviously in no mood to discuss the point with her. The expressions on their faces before the shout had suggested passive tigers, now they looked more like rabid dogs. Then with out warning they charged her the first one struck her as if from now where the rest coming in ready to trap her.
Her self-preservation instincts took over and she had dived into a nearby ally closely followed by chips of stone and blaster bolts. The ally was one of so many in the crowded streets of the capital of Knal: Kulac, but what was odd about this one was that unlike most of the rest, fate had made this one a dead end, also to compound her bad luck; it was also deserted. She swore to her self, Then in the manner her mother had made her, she examined all her options, First, surrender, not good, their hatred of her would mean they would probably shoot her and ask questions later, and she had no desire to be shot. Second, carry on going forward, nope a wall so thick even a thermal detonator would have trouble with it, same to the sides as well. Third, back, the gang was sill there, she might be able to take them, but it would be risky and failure would mean like option one, death. Fourth, up, not usually a option but the Knalenans liked to decorated there buildings with stencil like patterns of metal suitable for climbing thought his was not usually permitted and she was a stickler for the rules, she felt they could be waved on this occasion. The only problem with that one was there was nowhere to go when she when up, and she would be a sitting duck for the gang. She was still trying to make up her mind when they burst round the corner and opened fire. Combat reflexes once again took over as she took the only option still open to her and she leapt up for the stencils; unfortunately fate was still not on her side and she missed and fell straight back down to the ground. Her last thought before the darkness took her was that today the galaxy was being grossly unfair to her.

Vice-Admiral Halsey of the Imperial Star Destroyer Demon was studying his status boards with complete and utter frustration. What these readouts told him was something no self-respecting Imperial citizen would believe: that the Empire was losing. Even he the empires most loyal admiral, was having some trouble believing this even having been out here for all these years fighting the rebels on the front lines. But figures don’t lie and these figures clearly showed what he feared most.
“Ships coming in from the sentry line.” called a lieutenant called heading across the bridge towards him. “Sir?” Halsey still gave no impression of having heard him and continued to study the light winking on and of on his status, sadly more off than on.
“Sir… Ohhh.” The lieutenant's face changed with a flash of inspiration.
“Vice-Admiral Halsey, sir, Report coming for the sentry line, sir.”
“Thank you lieutenant,” Halsey said straightening from his readouts “At last, I’ll take it over here.”
“Sir” The lieutenant gave a formal nod as he headed through the throngs of crewmen towards his command chair. Vice-Admiral Halsey sighed, what was the Imperial navy coming to anyway? It was 5 years since Endor and though out those 5 years the imperial navy had been pushed back further and further. Each time a new leader had arisen he or she had been killed. Director Isard, Admiral Piett, Sage Prestige, Moff Thorqurn, the list went on and on.
“Sir” The lieutenant had finally made his way to him. “The report states, that the Chimura and the rest of the fleet were forced out of the Bilbrige system, by a rebel assault. We lost the shipyards their defensive stations and 3 star destroyers and the Chimera is listed as badly damaged.”
“What!” Halsey leaped out of his command chair, the entire bridge following his movement with shock. It took a major catastrophe or a hull breach to shock Vice-Admiral Halsey. “But that’s Pelleaon's ship! If he’s injured or killed I’ll be stuck out here for another 5 years…” His voice trailed of and he stared out into the distance star field. “I guess its time then. Hail the Chimura.”
The bridge crew leaped into action like startled Wamp rats, they knew what happened to people who didn’t follow Halsey’s orders even if they were a bit strange at times. “Channel open Sir” came the voice from the starboard crew pit. “Main viewer, on”

On the Chimera Captain Pelleaon was very surprised to see the round florid face of Vice-Admiral Halsey staring at him from the main hologram pod, only a few meters from his face. He straightened his back into the ridged position only taken by those who had served in the Imperial navy under Darth Vader or Moff Thorqurn; he had had the misfortune to be under both.
“Admiral Halsey, Sir,” he said his voice curt and formal. “What can I do for you on this fair and pleasant eve.”
“Cut the crap, Pelleaon.” Halsey said the image of his face waving in and out of clearance in the transmission. “I know you took the fleet to Bilbrige, I also know that that system is now not responding to hails, I even know that rebel forces are in-sysem and …” He glanced around “that from the state of your bridge, you’re crippled. You and the rest of the rest of the empire have kept me out of the loop for 5 flipping years and I’m fed up with it Pelleaon, now just put the damned Grand Admiral on.”
Pelleaon tried, he did, and he really did.
“Grand Admiral? Sir, but there are no grand admirals left…”
“ARGGGG” Halsey's image flung his hat off and onto the shiny metal floor where he proceed to grind it beneath his boots.
“PELLEAON. GET. HIM. ON. NOW.” Halsey’s voice was so loud that Pelleaon stepped back out of reflex, despite the fact that the hologram couldn’t actually hurt him.
“Well sir there is a problem, Grand Admiral Thrawn was injured in the rebel attack on Bilbrige, and is in a fatal coma, not expected to recover.”

“Captain, what does the Admiral want?” The voice was that of Grand Admiral Thrawn himself, supposedly in the medical bay, his voice was calm with out any emotion. Grand Admiral Thrawn’s appearance was too much for the exasperated Halsey and he collapsed on to his command chair; Pelleaon also was near the end of his tether but he managed to stay on his feet. Though he was lost for words Halsey had no such difficulty.
“Grand Admiral, I thought your kind had perished after Endor, perhaps the Empire is in with a chance after all, thought I must demand an explanation for your actions concerning me. Am I to be on this meaningless patrol till the empire is no more?”
Pelleaon was surprised and startled by the change in the man’s emotions until he realised that if Halsey had stated yelling at the Grand Admiral then, Thrawn would be forced to execute him, not that he would mind of course. “Admiral, an explanation will be forth coming I assure you in the mean time I believe it would be advantageous for us to meet, take a shuttle to sector 742 above the planet Knal in 3 days I will be waiting there.”
“Sir.” Halsey’s nod was one that made even Pelleaon envious, despite the fact that Halsey had served in the fleet for only 10 years less he always had been able to nod better. As the hologram closed down, Pelleaon wondered what would happen in 3 days, when Halsey and Thrawn met, and hoped that he would never know. Then he remembered, how was Thrawn on the bridge, and why was he not dead? As though he had read Pelleaon’s
thoughts Thrawn smiled. “No questions today Captain, we have a woman to meet, a very special woman.”

Chapter 2 :Introductions

Sarah Grimshaw woke up with a splitting headache. Her first wakening thoughts were that she was dead, but she quickly dismissed this because, death wouldn’t be this painful even if, it was this dark. When she opened her eyes however, she decided that death wasn’t such a bad idea after all. Above her there was the leering face of the notorious murderer and robber Scarface Jack.
“Hello my love, slept well, I hope, because it’s the last bit of shut eye you will ever have”
The voice was dry and raspy like a piece of sandpaper that had learned how to talk.
She tried to recoil, but she discovered that hard floor was very hard to recoil into.
“We’ve been waiting a long time for you to wake up, my dear, and…”
Sarah decided she had had enough of this man, and his bad breath, so she did the only thing she could think of, and kicked him full in the chest. From the look of surprise on his face she decided that he had no been expecting that, but once he fell back out of her field of vision and she go off the floor she found out where she was: Nowhere. All that was with her in the stone room that she had been put into was a closed door, an unconscious murder, and a bad case of damp. The walls were made of stone and some had lumps of a green glowing substance on them that was providing the only light for her to see by. The door as she soon found out appeared to be locked from the out side, this was odd because that meant that Scarface Jack was locked in as well or that they had some sort of surveillance system going on. She sat down to consider her options a few seconds later she got up.
“Thanks guys,” She said to the empty room, “but can I go now?” Unsurprisingly there was no reply.
Then a faint scream came from the door, as she debated what to do about it, the door blew in accompanied by a cloud of dust.
“Who ever you are better have a monster of a good reason for getting dust on me.”
As soon as the remark came out of her mouth she realised that it had been pretty pointless considering her clothes already had glowing green slime all over them and bits of grit and gravel. Then she saw who the figure that had blown down the door was, and all thoughts of clothing and green glowing slime went out of her mind.
The figure was tall, female had long flowing red hair, had a Lightsaber clutched in her right hand and was smiling.
“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Sarah Grimshaw, I haven’t seen you since the cobra incident, and that was 5 years ago, then you had green hair and worked for the rebels, now you have blond hair and are, well standing a room with green glowing stuff.”
“Well I stopped paying my rent, so the land lord let the room go bad. Can we get out of here now, this stuff making me sneeze.”

Vice-Admiral Halsey was bored. He had been waiting for Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Knal System for 1 and ½ days. The only thing he had to do for fun was to scan the planet endlessly for anything, so far he had found 1,349,637 humans and aliens, 72 civilian ships, 4 known smugger ships including one belonging to Scarface Jack, and 450 different types of plant life Including a rather unusual type of slime. He was contemplating giving up and going back to the Du’na system to enquire where the Chimura was when his comm officer walked up to him.
Vice-Admiral Halsey, Sir, the Chimura has just entered system and is requesting to speak with you, sir.”
“Very good lieutenant was there anything else?”
“Yes sir, the Admiral wishes to speak with you personally aboard the Chimura.”
“Very good lieutenant, I will board my shuttle and leave immediately, for the Chimura”
“Very good, sir”
The tone thought the conversation had been very formal, like all good imperials talked, and Halsey hated it. It made him feel like some sort of robot. Now the lieutenant began walking off his job done, as Halsey began to make is way down thought the 28 decks of the Demon. On the way he wondered why Thrawn had called him to this meeting, and if perhaps Thrawn had finally decided to dispose of him peremently, it wouldn’t surprise him, after throwing him out onto the frontiers to fight what ever came his way, and now to have him shot. There were very few other possibly he knew, it could be that the empire had finally recognised his tactical talent and was going to put it to use, or maybe a execution like under Moff Thorqurn, he had had many officers executed for poor contribution, or maybe he was going to take command of the Chimura. The last thing it could be of course was an assignment; he had been on the same mission for the past 5 years ever since Pelleaon had got him out here. Damm that man anyway, if it wasn’t for him then he wouldn’t have even been out here. Then there was a clatter and his rank badge fell of his freshly ironed top and landed on the floor.
He glanced around making sure that no one had seen. That was all he needed a row with Pelleaon, 5 years of serves to a fallen government, a meeting with the most invincible stragist ever to walk the Galaxy, and now to manage to lose his rank badge just before a meeting with the man who ruled this God forsaken empire.

Captain Pelleaon was sitting in his command chair when the comm officer advanced towards him.
“Sir, Vice-Admiral Halsey’s Shuttle has just docked, and Grand Admiral Thrawn is requesting your presence in his chambers.”
“Very Good, tell the Grand Admiral I will be arriving shortly, and keep me up dated on those surface scans.”
“Aye, sir”
The exchange completed the officer hurried off, and Pelleaon made his way towards Thrawn’s chambers. When he got there, the door swung smoothly open. Thrawn was leaning back in his chair.
“Ahh Captain, I have been expecting you, please do come in.” Thrawn’s voice was calm and controlled just as it should be for a person of his rank and importance. Pelleaon walked stiffly in and sat down on the nearest chair facing the door, diagonally opposite from Thrawn. He certainly didn’t want Halsey sneaking up behind him, though he doubted that he would try anything in front of Thrawn. The room was completely silent except for the sound of two people breathing. Thrawn was first to break the silence.
“Captain, did the shuttle that arrived earlier arrive safely?”
“Yes, sir, and the hanger bay was cleared as you requested.”
“Very good captain, and is Halsey on his way here?”
“Yes sir his shuttle has docked and his is on his way.”
“Excellent, captain, Excellent, your performance is impeccable as all ways.”
“Pelleaon thought back over his 51 years in the imperial navy, yes his performance had always been impeccable.
“Thank you admiral, in that case may I as a question?”
“But of course captain ask away”
“Why all this, why this meeting with Halsey, why the shuttle landing, what happened at Bilbrige and who are we supposed to be meeting here? I just don’t understand sir, if I am to assist you properly in your campaign against the rebels I must know what is going on.”
“Ahh captain, captain that was more than 1 question. The purpose of this meeting is to explain to you and Halsey what is going on, and what happened at Bilbrige. Your far to impertinent sometimes captain. Everything else you need to know will be explained in due time.”
It was at this point that admiral Halsey entered the room. The picture of the perfect imperial officer his boots shone and his rank insignia gleamed even in the dim light of Thrawn’s chambers. Though Pelleaon noticed a small scratch in the corner. He nodded to Thrawn and turned to Pelleaon.
“Captain Pelleaon, what a present surprise, I wasn’t aware that you had been invited to this meeting.”
Halsey stood in the doorway for a few seconds longer before slowly sitting down in the chair opposite Pelleaon. Grand Admiral Thrawn rose from his chair, glanced at each officer in turn then rose and began walking to the back of the room.
“Computer, activate program T1” Thrawn’s voice was crisp and formal.
At first nothing happened the back half of the room lit up with a map of the galaxy, bright and in perfect detail. Thrawn turned round his body sillueted by the glowing galaxy.
“Vice-Admiral, Captain, what you see before you the galaxy, and this is imperial space.” A portion of the map lit up gold. “This is rebel space” Another portion lit up red.
“And this where we have been defeated in recent months.” 17 sliver dots lit up between the red and the gold. “Lastly this is where we have been defected by the rebel’s famous ‘Admiral Ackbar’.”
The last to words come out with some much scorn it sounded to Pelleaon like he was spitting them. 16 of the 17 silver dots became green.
Halsey spoke up “This all very well, Grand Admiral Thrawn but dots on a map are well, useless. We need plans not some big painting.”
“Forgive me, ‘Vice-Admiral’ but I will be coming to the point soon. That is if you have quite finished” Thrawn’s tone had now swiftly changed from clam to angry, and Pelleaon wondered if Halsey had gone to far this time. As Thrawn continued to speak his voice returned back to its clam controlled state. “From this then you agree something must be done about this ‘Admiral Ackbar’, yes?” Both Halsey and Pelleaon nodded their heads in agreement for once. Pelleaon decided that it was time to speak up “Sir” he said making sure that his voice aroused no anger on Thrawn’s part. “We can’t beat him in open battle, he’s beaten almost all of our commanders and he never leaves the protection of his fleet. He’s just unstoppable, we can’t do anything about him, and he has sneaked his way out of all our traps and even taken down 3 Imperial Star Destroyers.”
“Silence at once” Thrawn’s voice cut though Pelleaon’s babbling like a turbo laser thought flesh.
“I did ask you to come here merely to ask your options I came here to tell you how we will solve this problem. The answer came to me during that Bilbrige battle, in a dream and you are here to meet her.”
“Meet who, sir?” Halsey had half raised from his chair.
“Why, Hanna Logan of course.” All of a sudden a shape appeared in the star field. It grew clearer and clearer until it resolved it self into a human female. She was a very imposing figure, she had long purple hair down to her waist, her eyes were completely black, she was tall and slim and wearing a green sleeve less top and a pair of combat trousers. Her finger nails very short and trimmed, her skin was pale and she had a sheath of some sort strapped to her back. All of a sudden Halsey collapsed back into his chair. The room feel silent. Pelleaon wondered what was going on.
“Ohhh my god.” Halsey muttered under his breath “The Admiral’s gone mad.”

Sarah Grimshaw was not having the best of days, she had been chased fallen off a building knocked out and covered in slime. Now she was reduced to hurrying thought the alleys of Kulac, dodging puddles of decomposed slime that were littering the streets. After the timely rescue from the locked dungeon her and Mara had had to find there way out again. On the way out they had encountered a few members of scarface’s gang but they had proved no match for Mara and her lightsaber. As she hurried along she noticed something strange: that the slime seemed to be much more numerous that it had been before her incarnation. The slime had always been a problem on Knal but it took a very long time to grow and could easily be destroyed. Now it was every on the ground hanging from the stencils and walls. Mara was running along side her. Trying her best not step in the slime she turned her herd to wards Mara. “Mara, where exactly are we going? Not to sound ungrateful or anything but the sooner we get of this rock the better for both of us.”
“Sorry Sarah, but I need to make a stop first I still have to complete my mission here.”
Sarah’s face registered shock. “Mission? What mission you never said anything about a mission.”
“I was sent here by the New Republic, after the success of our mount Tantis operation. I need to contact one of our agents here. He was stranded after an Imperial officer confiscated his ship and now he has no way back. So I was sent to find him.”
Why on earth would anyone want an agent on this rock, she thought to her self. The closest thing to a military target or presence was the orbit station and its defending squadron of fighters. But since Knal proclaimed itself neutral there was very little point in putting a spy here. Before she could ask Mara there was a horrible sensation in her foot and a lurch and she fell over. Mara ran over to her dodging the slime pile that she had tripped in.
“Sarah, are you all right?”
“Yes it think so.” She glanced at her leg “Or maybe not, can you get this slime off of me?” The slime had covered most of her body and was bubbling somewhere where her foot should be.
“I think so wait…” Mara closed her eyes. There was a squelching noise and the slime was ripped of her foot a thrown against a wall it stuck there and started pulsing.
“What was that?” Sarah asked as she staggered up of the floor.
Mara’s voice changed down to a whisper. “The power of the force”
They hurried on for a few minutes more in science as Sarah wondered what Mara had meant. Until they approached a large old building. Sarah would not have noticed it apart from the other apart from the fact that it was covered from top to bottom in glowing pulsing green slime.
“Here we are.” said Mara brightly.
Sarah’s reply was in a thoughtful voice” Looks like there’s nobody home”
As they entered the house, Sarah started to shiver. The slime had infested every part of the house it hung from the walls a ceiling it covered the floor, making impossible to stand with out it touching her feet. When she looked to see how Mara was doing she saw that she had gone pale and was shivering as well.
“Hello Agent Darren, Darren are you there?”
The house was silent as they approached the kitchen Sarah thought to say, “maybe he’s already left for…” Before she could finish the comment she screamed, the sound cut thought the science like a power sword thought transparasteel. Lying on the floor was Darrow's head and one of his arms, across the room was his body with one leg at an impossible angle. The rest of him was nowhere to be seen. The slime was tinged red with blood.
“I guess he out stayed his welcome,” said Mara her voice containing none of its former cheerfulness.

“Come on there nothing left for us here” Sarah said her voice equally unhopeful “Lets go”
“No wait” Mara’s voice sounded excited for the first time since they had entered this doomed place. “What this?” she reached down it to the slime and picked up a data pad. It screen was still on and it displaced the words ‘For the attention of the New Republic’ There was more but the slime had stuck to it.
“Huh” Said Sarah a sarcastic tone to her voice, “I suppose you felt that thought the force”
“No I felt it though my foot, let’s go.”

Chapter 3: Confrontations

Halsey paced the bridge of his flagship the Daemon. In the background the crewmembers logged status reports with their officers and chatted amongst themselves. He still couldn’t believe it, after all these years of serves to the empire and now he had been sent on escort duty. His entire fleet at that, and what were they escorting? None less than that dammed Hannah Logan, ha. He had seen her type before but there was something about her, something sinister. After the Admiral had introduced her he had gone on to explain his plan. He had ordered Halsey to escort Hanna to the new republic battle fleet in this sector the self same one that was currently concealing Admiral Ackbar, how he had asked was he supposed to escort someone to the middle of on enemy fleet commanded by Admiral Ackbar? Thrawn had merely smiled and said ‘you will see, you will see’.
The mere thought of it made Halsey’s blood boil. How dare he how dare that Admiral do this to him? After all he had done the least he could deserve was an explanation…
His train of thought was interrupted as Hannah Logan glided onto the bridge her feet hovering about 3cms of the floor. She had a faint smile on her face and was looking directly at him.
Halsey such treasonous thoughts from such a loyal officer you disappoint me.
How are you doing this? How can you speak in my mind?
He replied hoping that he wasn’t going mad.
The sound of a laugh filtered into his contusness. My dear Admiral in time you will understand, but only in time. The smile on her face increased then there was a flash and she was gone. The noise on the bridge disappeared and Halsey realised that his creditability was now on the line. Women with long purple hair did not usually float on his bridge smile and dissipate into thin air and he knew he had to say something.
“Come on then, back to your stations we have work to do.” His voice rang out into the science, and he wondered what he had gotten him self into this time. Arrogant admirals, Pelleaon, and now some mystic woman. “Ahh well”, he sighed 7 hours left then he would find out. For better or worse.

Captain Pelleaon was not in the best of moods he had been over ridden by his master. Thrawn had given this escort mission to Halsey and to boot after Halsey had left Thrawn himself had left on a shuttle, on a “secret mission” that was “For the good of the Empire”. He didn’t believe a word of it. But as was his place he remained silent. The only good that had come out of the mess was that that strange woman, Hanna Logan had gone with Halsey.
Now he had to remain in orbit lost with out instructions till Thrawn got back. He contemplated scanning the planet, but dismissed it as to childish. Instead he paced the bridge, and surveyed his crew.
“Sir, we have 1 unidentified freighters rising from the planet its running Imperial codes but we have no freighters in the area.” The Lieutenants voice was eager as if he longed to blast it apart.
“Thank you Lieutenant perhaps now I can show myself to be above that idiot Halsey. Sound the alarm, battle stations.” Inside Pelleaon though what a glorious day, now I can realise my chance. But on the outside he kept his tradional emotionless face. In the distance the freighter rose up from the planet light gleaming of its hull, there was something familiar about it as well…
“Weapons officer, fire a warning shot, and make sure t hits.” The officer looked up from his consol a gleam in his eye.
“Yes Sir.”

Sarah Grimshaw ducked as the panel above her head exploded in a shower of sparks.
“Mara, they’ve noticed us, sensors show they’re powering up their weapons for another shot and our shields aren’t working, and we are also receiving a commutation.”
“Sithspawn put ‘em on.”
Sarah wondered what they had done wrong, they had broken no laws while on Knal there ship was running all the proper codes, yet when they left the planet an Imperial Star Destroyer was waiting in orbit for them that immediately moved to engage them.
Before she could begin to answer her own questions, there was a crackle and the face of an imperial officer appeared he was about 60 if she was any judge and a captain as well.
“Freighter, state your purpose in imperial space, I repeat, freighter state your purpose in imperial space, and if you do not comply we will open fire.” There was a gasp from Mara, “that’s Captain Pelleaon’s ship, he commands the Chimura Thrawn’s flagship, he knows me, quick reply.”
With a resigned grimace Sarah acknowledged the hail.
“Imperial Captain Pelleaon, we are on a mission from Imperial high commanded and um, we need passage though this sector to sector 445.
“Rebel freighter, sector 445 is a Rebel fleet under Admiral Ackbar and I am Imperial high command, you will lower you shields and prepare to be boarded, if you do not comply you will be destroyed.
Before Sarah could reply Mara leaped over.
“Pelleaon remember that’s right I’m Mara Jade I sabotaged your plot before and I’m going to do so again.”
Before Sarah could ask what on Knal she was doing a picture of the Hyperspace clearance monitor appeared in her head. As she rushed over to check she heard a cry of outrage from the comm unit and Mara’s calm reply. As she reached the console she looked down the light blinked green, and the dull computer voice stated that hyper dive clearance was enabled. As she pulled down the leavers launching them into hyperspace she permitted her self a small smile and wondered what Captain Pelleaon would do now.

Vice-Admiral Halsey woke up, or at least he thought he woke up. The world was tilted and fuzzy, with a strange purple tint to it. He remembered going to sleep, so the next thing was usually wakening up, but it seemed different somehow. Then he remembered, he was Vice-Admiral Halsey in command of the Imperial star Destroyer Daemon. This was not awake. Awake was sharp white corridors and steel decking. The world span, then it resolved, into a platform floating in black void. Halsey began to wonder what was going on, what mystical fantasy he had been trapped in now.
This is no mystical fantasy my dear Halsey.
He recognised the voice as belonging to Hanna Logan.
You again, why are you speaking into my mind?
Halsey, Halsey, No need to be angry.
The voice was still mocking, with a childish undercurrent.
I do what I damn well want to, it’s my ship.
But if you noticed you are no longer on board your mechanical construct.
What have you done with my ship?
Nothing that can’t be undone.
What the Hell is that supposed to mean?
Don’t be so childish Halsey.
Halsey responded in his traditional way.
CHILDISH?!?! At least I don’t drag people out of their dreams at night and throw them here, wherever here is.
You know, Halsey, the sooner you realise the only way you get out of here is when I let you the better for the both of us.
Fine, Hanna, what do you want with me.
Want? Whoever said I wanted anything with you?
Her tone was amused as though she was playing some game with him.
You just, said…
No I said the only way out of here is when I let you.
He now realised that she had all the aces.
Ok, I’ll play your game, but first you tell me what’s going on.
Simply Halsey, I have dragged you out of your dreams and into mine to talk to you in private.
Talk to me, this was all to talk to me? You do know I have an office for this sort of thing.
Jokes aside, my dear Admiral I am here to warn you, much as you may think that you alone have control over you life. You paths will merge with other peoples, and you foes will become your friends. Old rivalries will heal themselves, and tear up again in a shower of destruction. But you will survive and you must, make a choice that will shape your life. This you must make for better or for worse.
Why are you telling me this?
Because you, my dear Halsey your not suppose to be here.
What?…
In time you will know.
In time.
And with that the platform disappeared and he started falling.
Falling…
“Vice-Admiral? Sir?”

Chapter 4: Assinations

Captain Pelleaon was in a bad mood, to be precise; he was in the biggest of all bad moods ever. He turned and began to pace round the bridge, glaring each and every officer into submission, as he passed, it wasn’t fair, just not fair. Why him, out of all the people in the universe to humiliate, why had it been him. Hat woman, and Mara Jade, they would pay, they would pay with there life’s, and if possible more than that. But first he had to find out who they were, and to do that…
“Comm officer.” He voice rang out in the unusually quite bridge and the
Unfortunate man froze in this seat quivering as though Pelleaon was pointing a
loaded gun at him.
Comm-officer, analyse that communication, and compare it to imperial files, I
want to know who that woman was and what she was doing in that transport with
Mara Jade.”
“Sir.” The comm-officer looked reviled that he hadn’t been shot and quickly
began his task. Pelleaon resumed this pacing of the bridge, and began to
contemplate what his next move should be after all with Thrawn currently unavailable, wasn’t he I charge of the fleet? He could even…
Bleep, Bleep, Bleep, Pelleaon looked around disconcert that was the intruder alert
alarm, that meant that some one had gained access to the docking bay with out his
authorisation.
“Comm-officer, report.” He snapped out, still wondering who on earth it could be,
there had been no other ships on radar and in fact there still wasn’t, so how on
Coriscant had anyone managed to break into his hanger.
“Sir it seems, one unidentified life form has been detected in Hanger bay 7, and an
unidentified shuttle, is also present, along with one human female, they are
currently on they’re way to the bridge via- turbo lift 5. All personal between the
lift and the shuttle are not responding.”
Pelleaon was about to bark out an order but, then he knew it was too late as he
heard the hiss, of the aft bridge turbo lift, as it slid open, he threw himself down in
an imperial fighting crouch, scrabbling for his blaster as he swung round to face
his opponents. He finished coming out of his roll, and gasped.

Sarah Grimshaw looked up with a smile at the woman standing over here.
“Thanks”
She had recently arrived aboard the Rebel cruiser Home one, after escaping from Captain Pelleaon, and the Chimera. Upon her arrival she had been taken, to the bridge, to see Admiral Ackbar. Most on account, of Mara and the fact that she had refused to allow Sarah to be left on her own. Upon arrival to the bridge, Mara had been taken aside to be debriefed by Ackbar. And she had been left on her own with a woman, she had long blond hair and green eyes, much like hers in-fact, in-fact she looked at lot like her, and the way she was smiling after shed just handed her that data pad, much like she would. Wait a minuet…
“Sarah?”
“Mother?”
“Call me Hannah” She smiled, and in that instance, it all came back to here the memory the past all that happened before, she left, her mother and father, Hannah the rebel medical officer, and her father and Imperial Captain, before he was killed, by the ship her mother was on, her early life with the rebel alliance, and her first meeting with Mara, the training, and struggle. The place she had one in the rebel navy, and the tearful goodbye as she left it all behind, to find her own place in the Galaxy. Hoping to never be dragged back into, this world of politics, and alliances. Yet here she was face to face, with the mother that she thought she had left behind, on a ship she hoped never to see again. A thousand thoughts and words, flew though her head but before she could give form to any of them the bridge door burst in and a figure leaped though the open doorway, brandishing a light Sabre, her purple, hair flowing round her like it had a life of its own, for that one instant, she almost looked like heroine. Then the illusion was shattered as the light sabre, leaped from the woman’s hand, flew across the bridge and severed the head of Admiral Ackbar from his Shoulders. Sarah froze, blinking in stunned shock at the corpse of the Admiral, lying on the floor, and the woman standing at the opposite end of the bridge, as the light sabre flew back and landed in the woman’s hand. Sarah’s mind began to work as thoughts channelled though, and she leaped into action, pulling her blaster from her hip, and opening fir on the woman, still silhouetted by her long purple hair. The bolt, flew across the room, joined by those, of the rest of the bridge crew. The convereded onto the figure and the hit her in a blinding flash of light, purple light, and they began to be absorbed into, the figure. Then the woman smiled, and her voice filtered though into Sarah’s brain, as the mysterious, woman stood there smiling down at the cowed bridge crew.

Chapter 7: Ruinations

Vice-Admiral Halsey, gazed silently out of the bridge veiwport. Near the edge of the veiwport he could see the distant star of Omega, and beyond it he knew there must be research outpost 49. The outpost it had been said, was the biggest bad luck charm this side of the Galaxy. Many of the people who worked there on it top secret research projects where known to have since gone mad. Of course the information there that was top secret didn’t stay that way for long, it also seemed to have long history of attracting rebel spies. It was a great pity that the bad luck that so surrounded the place didn’t seem to rub of on them. He though about the stories he had heard about the place, shivered and once more tried to convince himself that he wasn’t patrolling this far out because of mere superstition.

“Sir,” A nearby crewer called up from the portside crew pit. “ We have an incoming transport, no identification she’s coming up directly behind us, and has only just jumped into the system.”
Halsey considered his options, it was of course possible that the ship was an ordinary merchant vessel going about its work. The chances of this very small, but if it was, and he decided to blow it out of the sky his superiors, might not be very pleased. It could be a rebel spy, a stupid rebel spy, but a spy no the less. If so then no-one other than the rebels would mind if he blew it up. But then again no matter what it was he could always just board it for a routine inspection. That way no matter what it way he could take appropriate action.

“Officer, Hail the ship and prepare a boarding party.”
“Yes sir, undefined on comm.”
The figure of a tall slender woman with long green hair appeared on the Holo pad.
She was wearing a long green dress and a pair or glasses.
Vice-Admiral Halsey was shocked by her beauty, then he quickly recovered his composure. He decided that he would be the first to speak.
“Attention unidentified ship, his is the Imperial Star Destroyer Daemon. This is a surprise, inspection of a random ship in this sector, you have been chosen as that random ship, stand by and prepare to receive boarders.”
“This is the freighter: Bards Wind. To ISD Daemon. We are welcome and ready to receive borders. Have a nice Day.”
The woman’s figure dispersed from the Holo-pod. Halsey sat down in his chair and frowned, no one was the cheerful when a imperial star destroyer wanted to board them. Still he would soon find out.
“Very well, officer tell the boarding party that I my self will be joining them.”
Halsey decided, that he needed to get to the bottom of this, and the only way to that without any fuss, was to go there himself.
About ½ an hour later, Halsey had assembled in the hanger deck with his force of crack officers and men. He then proceeded to board his shuttle, which then left, and flew over the red bulk of the long form of a D76 Askers freighter.
Once on board the freighter Halsey looked around in shock instead of the traditional darkened interior. The ship was lit with a bright yellow inside, the main docking area, was about twice as large, with large flowering planets stacked idly in the corner. In the centre, stood to female figures. One stood out clearly as the figure Halsey had spoken to before. The other was less distinct, though she did have long flowing red hair. The figure Halsey had seen before stepped forward.
“Good day. Admiral. I’m Sarah Grimshaw, Captain of the vessel Bards Wind. Pleased to meet you I’m sure.”
“Miss Grimshaw, a pleaser to meet you as well. I hope you don’t mind the intrusion on your ship, but rules are rules. My men won’t take that long.”
Sarah smiled, Halsey wondered why. She was so calm it almost seemed as though she had something hide.

Sarah smiled back at the Admiral in front of her. What a fool, what a stupid fool. So much for the genius of the empire. Mind you he was quite hansom for an Imperial dog. Despite the random inspection of her and Mara vessel before they had set it up for its role as a trader in exotic planets, Hence the pile of plants stacked in the corner of her cargo bay he had failed to find anything suspicious. But he was preparing to have someone search the rest of the ship, and it was quite possible that the Admirals underlings had much more of an idea what they was looking. Her eyes wondered about the room searching for anything out of place that the search team might find out of place, while keeping a firm eye on Mara who was keeping the Admiral distracted with a lively conversation on the state of the empire.

“So tell me, Mara is it? What do you do as a job? Freighter crewer, Trader?”
“I work deep space shipping, at the Galactic rim. But my company sent me on long term holiday, and Hannah here offered me this short term shipping job with the empire, and I though what the Sith, and I’m still here.”

Chapter 11: An end to all things.

Sarah Grimshaw burst into Grand admiral Thrawn’s Command chambers. She looked around at the art-work hanging from the walls, the view port looking out onto the peaceful world of Knal. She glanced at the glowing computer stations there light blinking in readiness. She the turned and saw who see had had come to kill, the man that was responable for the death of here mother, Grand Admiral Thrawn. He was sitting in his command chair, his red eyes gazing at here in a mixture of curiously and respect. His had clasped in his lap, his face a unreadable mask.
“Miss Grimshaw, I must say I am impressed that you got this far, infact I’m impressed you got anywhere at all. It seems I have underestimated you, and your… Companion. You must realise that of course I can’t permit you to go any further that you already have.”
Sarah decided to play for time, wondering where Mara had got to, and where Hanna Logan was, If Thrawn decided to kill her now.
“Thrawn, you piece of scum, I should of known you’d be here, but where’s your murdering henchwoman, where’s Hanna Logan?”
Thrawn looked affronted at this insult.
“I might ask the same question of you, Miss Grimshaw, where is your murdering henchwoman, where is Mara Jade?
Before Sarah could think of a reply, a grating fixed into the ceiling clattered to the floor and Mara Jade leaped down, her Green light Sabre glowing in her hand.
She spoke as she advanced on the Grand Admiral.
“Thrawn, although Sarah may be misguided into talking to you, I have no such ideas, your life’s over, ‘Admiral’.”
“So be it,” Thrawn’s voice took on a harsh edge.
With out warning Hanna Logan, faded into existence near the Admiral’s chair, the crossed to stand before Mara, the two women raised their blades and combat ensured, until all Sarah could she was flash of light, sometimes red, more often blue. Then there was a scream, and Mara Jade was flung agisted the back wall, her body hitting it with a sharp crack and she lay still.
Sarah flew into a rage, fist her mother now, her best friend, these imperial murders had played with her for the last time, she picked up Mara’s fallen blade, and with out any further thoughts or reason she charged, at Hanna Logan still standing beside the admiral. Time seemed to slow as Hanna spun round to try to face her, but Sarah had the advantage of speed and surprise. As see ran towards Hanna, she took in the surrounding, the Statues of Tacticians though on the ages, paintings Holo images, of long dead heroes. Then she was upon her prey, and with one quick unstoppable stroke she stabbed Hanna Logan though the heart. Time froze, Hanna Logan glazed up into Sarah’s eyes. Then the something extraordinary happened, for the first time Hanna spoke.
“No, it was not meant, to be this way, curse you Sarah Grimshaw you haven’t seen the last of me yet.”
“Oh, I think I have”
With that Hanna’s eyes finally closed as she went beyond the brink of mortal comprehension. There was a burst of light and her body disappeared, Leaving only a stain of the white floor of the Admirals Office.
Thrawn, looked up at the figure of Sarah, standing over him.
“You are not meant to be here, Sarah Grimshaw. You cause far to much trouble.”
“Not meant to be here, not meant to be here. Thrawn you silly idiot, you forced me to be here, you killed my family, you just killed my friend, and now you claim that you have nothing to do with me begin here, ha. Its time that you learnt that actions do have consequences Admiral, you expect to change things in this Galaxy. You have to learn that what ever you do will have things turn back on you. In this case of course, the consequences have come back on you in the most negative way. I’m afraid this time, you will not be recovering from you mistake.”
“Sarah, you must be mistaken.”
She looked up from the floor she had been intently staring at and she smiled.
“No, old fool you time is up.”
“Now, Sarah Grimshaw you will die.”
“That’s a nice idea, why don’t you try it.”
And with that she swung Mara sabre, and Thrawn’s head rolled of and landed on the floor staired reproachfully at her, as his red eyes closed for the last time, and Hannah was avenged.
“Mission? What mission, you never said anything about a mission.”- Sarah Grimshaw

The Admiral
Village Idiot

Post by The Admiral »

Oh dear..
I've lost the epilog...
Admiral