wierdest star/st dream

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

...but it'sallowed to marry your cousins! :shock:
From a genetic standpoint, it's perfectly okay to marry a first cousin. There's enough separation that recessive genes aren't likely to be duplicated. Second and third cousins are even more distantly related and from a genetic standpoint are as good as strangers. In families that are already severely inbred, on the other hand, marrying a cousin is dangerous, which is probably how the taboo got started. That being said, the taboo has been drilled into my head so thoroughly that the idea of sleeping with any of my cousins is anything from vaguely unsettling to outright repulsive, depending on how closely related we are.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yeah, from a biological point of view it's okay. But I guess my family wouldn't appreciate such a thing...
Supermod
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yeah, from a biological point of view it's okay. But I guess my family wouldn't appreciate such a thing...
Supermod
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

I actually had several SW/ST dreams. If only I could remember!

One of the most prominent was about the clamatic battle over the first Death Star. It involved Luke's X-Wing eating heavy rockets from my TIE Avenger :D

I had another dream today, and it actually was a ST/SW crossover dream, involving the denziens of ASVS, of all people. It actually involved an ISD rescuing a Starfleet crew from the battle at Wolf 359. Maybe I'll turn it into a fanfic.

I also had a BTech dream, where I was kicking the crap out of an enemy base in my Loki :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I to have the curse of a hot cousin. I mean I'd never do anything dirty with her, but damn she's hot. :( Hot cousins suck.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Hot cousins suck.
Agreed. Here's to ugly cousins.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

anarchistbunny wrote:Hot cousins suck.
I don't have to worry, I only have one female cousin who's not 15 - 20 years older than me and she's a 5 year old genetic freak :lol:
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

I had another dream the other night. I dreamt that Episode III came out and it sucked like nothing else before. Voyager looked like something Shakespeare had written compared to this. And the continuity.... it made Enterprise look good.

It had nothing to do with the rest of the series. It was a bit like Lord of the Rings, and it had 10-year-old Anakin in it. Padme (who looked like galadriel) came along to choose a husband, and chose him because he had a personality.

Then I came in and Anakin turned into Haplo (from the death gate cycle) and a pile of harpies helped us to escape this big dark evil thing. We had to hide in a box for about 3 days. ANd in the last couple of minutes of the dream, I realised that I couldn't remember how I'd gone to the toilet, and I spent the rest of the dream wondering what I'd done.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

I never did find out.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I think the above from Lusankya wins the coveted most disturbing

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

It was actually one of my less disturbing dreams, if you'd believe that. Just my weirdest sw/st dream so far.
- Darth Wong
Raziel
Youngling

Post by Raziel »

Back when I was a little kid (and still a rabid ST fan, before things like intelligence and good writing were attributes I looked for in tv) I had a dream that I was a crewman on the E-D, and that there was some confusion as to who was the first officer, myself or Riker.

'course we all know who would have done a better job... :wink:
"If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, then of what does a clean desk signifiy?"
Albert Einstein
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Riker always struck me as being reasonably crafty.

If I was in charge, I would have promoted the crap out of him, and threatened to court-marshall him if he refused.

But you would have done a better job, of course, Raziel :)
- Darth Wong
Raziel
Youngling

Post by Raziel »

Awwww thanks :oops: :D

Actually, I agree, Riker wasn't so bad... just he fell for stuff that any kid could have taken care of :wink:
"If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, then of what does a clean desk signifiy?"
Albert Einstein
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

I blame his Starfleet training for that.
- Darth Wong
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

The strangest SW dream I ever had was about this site. Actually the board.

I dreamed that I claimed that ST would win. And in this anxiety dream I was forced to justify my claim versus so much evidence to the contrary.
Serious - I'm not making this up. I dreamed this after hitting snooze and waiting those horrible nine minutes between that horrible alarm sound.

The really funny thing is I logged in even before taking my shower to be sure I had not done that. The dream was that real to me. Thankfully I am not that stupid in real life - only in my dreams - lol.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Jack Lain wrote:The strangest SW dream I ever had was about this site. Actually the board.

I dreamed that I claimed that ST would win. And in this anxiety dream I was forced to justify my claim versus so much evidence to the contrary.
Serious - I'm not making this up. I dreamed this after hitting snooze and waiting those horrible nine minutes between that horrible alarm sound.

The really funny thing is I logged in even before taking my shower to be sure I had not done that. The dream was that real to me. Thankfully I am not that stupid in real life - only in my dreams - lol.
Youch.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
Jack Lain wrote:The strangest SW dream I ever had was about this site. Actually the board.

Youch.
Youch is right. I think I'd have a strong aversion to hitting snooze for awhile. Maybe a week or so. :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Raziel
Youngling

Post by Raziel »

Holy crap I had the weirdest dream this morning (didn't get to bed until 7:30).

The gist of it was that I was supposed to be in Regina (it was a nightmare, btw :wink: ), only by some unknown means I was in Lloydminster, AB/SK with some other people that I didn't know who were as clued out as I was.

By means I can't remember we found ourselves in some grotto type building, with a bunch of other people we knew (some I recognised consciously). Turns out this was a CULT meeting, and who was running the whole show but SAREK!. Myself and one of my friends descreetly hung in the background, while everybody else was under Sarek's spell.

Cut later to a ritual, with some freaky pit-creature that was enveloping the members of the congregation one by one, while the rest are screaming and chanting and shit. My friend and I are hiding in an alcove watching all this (I think we're trying to save our friends and bust some shit up, and we're doing some recon).

The details are hazy now but I remember that it played like a movie, perfectly detailed and continuous. Not really ST or SW, but it had Sarek as a bad-ass mofo.
Albert Einstein
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

can u please post sw/st dreams in the future.
thanks
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Raziel
Youngling

Post by Raziel »

Sarek!!! :D

yeah, I know. Sorry.
Albert Einstein
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Here's another of my weird SW dreams. Last night I've dreamed to be trapped in Umbrella Corp HQ (Resident Evil), and all those man-eating zombies were ready to much my bones, but suddenly I transformed into Emperor Palpatine (again!) and zapped all those suckers with my Force Lightning. Then a bunch of Imperial Royal Guards came to aid but I told them, "it's okay, I've handled everything."
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I don't have any dreams about ST or SW? How can I dream one?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Lt. Nebfer
Padawan Learner

Post by Lt. Nebfer »

This is not a sw or st dream(heck its not even mine)(its a freinds)
he was wandering in the church bulding(that we go to) and he go in tho the gym and he see's his brother like in a brace by this guy(dont know who)and he likes skreems and thy both look at him.. but the werd thing is that sunday(after the dream) his brother was teling his parents a dream he had... and my frend takes over it was the same dream!!!!!!!!!!(i think they hade it at the same time)(it was from both perpectives(his brother rembers him coming in the room)

talk about weard
Golem169
Redshirt

my dream

Post by Golem169 »

;once i dreamed that I was a Imperial Star Destroyer Capitan, and I destroyed rogue squadron.(when I woke up, I had the Rogue Squadron book in my hand)
A truly wise man once said " With no God, how can we explain pickles?"