The Police Station and Cyberdine fights in Terminator and Terminator 2
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

The serious fights in Kite
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

The church battle in CB: Ballad of Fallen Angels and the storming of the Red Dragon HQ in the final ep.
JADAFETWA
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

The Red Dragon HQ battle never grabbed me nearly as much as Ballad did, my second favorite from CB is probably Pierrot le Fot(sp?).
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

It's not exactly a shoot-'em-up scene, but people do get shot...

Mine is the ending sequence of "The Godfather Part II," starting from where the fishing boat is lowered into the water and ending when Michael Corleone sits contemplatively with one hand up to his forehead (before the flashback to the dining room scene). So beautifully done...
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Honorable mention, 3000 Miles to Graceland, the scene at the end where Ice-T is spinning upside down, hosing cops with two uzis.

Also, all of the gunfights from Boondock Saints.
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Give 'em Hell Pike!-The last battle scene in the Wild Bunch-Only in the NRDirectors cut edition (Which was originally nominated for an Oscar despite having an X for violence.
Oh hell yes, that was the grittiest, bloodiest, most excellent gunfight ever. For those who haven't seen it, it involves a gatling gun, and everyone dies, including the main characters. :D
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

consequences wrote:Honorable mention, 3000 Miles to Graceland, the scene at the end where Ice-T is spinning upside down, hosing cops with two uzis.
Actually it was 2 P90s, but yeah, that was a cool scene.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Arthur_Tuxedo wrote:Oh hell yes, that was the grittiest, bloodiest, most excellent gunfight ever. For those who haven't seen it, it involves a gatling gun, and everyone dies, including the main characters. :D
Damn, now I can't ever watch it. Thanks. :?
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Now since anime is involved.

Amuro and Char (without the MSs) in CCA. The chase fight in URDA. http://www.romanov.x0.com/

The lighthouse fight in Battle Royale.

FLCL (Furi-Kuri) Haruko vs the suits in the 2nd or 3rd epsiode.

The three-way bloodbath in end of True Romance.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

The climactic scene in True Romance.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The scene where they assault the guerilla camp in Predator.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

All of the gun fight scenes in "Way of the Gun"
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Have to mention it again...
All Matrix gun scenes
Terminator slaughtering the police station
Terminator kicking police ass at Cyberdyne

Everything in Hard Boiled

Everything in City Hunter.....especially the 'Speed' type movie and 'Bay City Wars'
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

Zaia wrote:
Arthur_Tuxedo wrote:Oh hell yes, that was the grittiest, bloodiest, most excellent gunfight ever. For those who haven't seen it, it involves a gatling gun, and everyone dies, including the main characters. :D
Damn, now I can't ever watch it. Thanks. :?
Would you have anyway?
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

The final shoot out between Leon and SWAT in Leon (AKA. The Professional) has always been one of my favourites. Don't know if this really counts, but the beginning scene of Saving Private Ryan is sweet as well.
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Choosing my absolute favourite is impossible, but the gunfights in The Killer, Hard Boiled, Matrix, Leon, Winter War, Road to Perdition and Terminator 2 are all excellent.

Today I'm going to watch Pacino's "Scarface" and I hope it lives up to its reputation.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Arthur_Tuxedo wrote:
Zaia wrote:Damn, now I can't ever watch it. Thanks. :?
Would you have anyway?

Nope, prolly not. You're all good. :D
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote: Terminator slaughtering the police station
Terminator kicking police ass at Cyberdyne
In short: Practically any gunfight with Arnie in it!
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Oh, damn, I forgot my absolute favourite shoot out ever. The Bank robbery battle in the Heat.

Ahh... FN FNC, I wan't one...
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Honorable mention Anything with Chow Yun-Fat

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Gunfight at the end of True Romance was good.

Hell, that whole movie was good. :D
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Well, concidering I love a good western....

But, the final fight in Texas Rangers is really good.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

War of the Worlds the first time the Martian war machines appear *chuckle* for thirty seconds they sit there and let the US Army hit them with evrything they have then open up a can of whoopass
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Shenlong_Mizuno wrote:The final 20 minute long gunfight in John Woo's movie Hard Boiled. Chow yun Fat is a badass 8)

EDIT: its probably closer to 30 minutes
Hard boilled is deffinitly one of the best action movies i have ever seen. Its old, but good... and strangely nestalgic of grand thieft auto vice city.... hrmmmm, or perhaps the other way around. From the polyesther suits, to the thugs on dirt bikes with uzis ... that movie one nonstop gun fest that you dont really think is going to end. ( and really you forget the point of it half way through) Equillibrium was also a pretty decent movie. Although the guy from American Psycho being the main character was freaking me out, hes just creepy. The gun scenes in " the phantom " ( i think thats what it was called ) was pretty cool. The matrix end scene obviously. The replacement killers had some cool shooters in it. Black masks Hospital scene was pretty cool as well.
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(