In my own words, why Mecha aren't better than tanks....

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

phongn wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:
phongn wrote: See, Shep? Constructive criticism good :D
Urk, I came up with a way for Mechs loaded with Gauss rifles
and autocannons to penetrate tank armor at long range, despite
being unable to penetrate the frontal glacis of the Merkavas in reality...

PLUNGING FIRE :twisted:
Oooh, nasty. Don't let the Great Leader hear of this treachery, though!
Great Leader? :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer has styled himself as HAB's Great Leader, much in the guise of the DPRK.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I kinda guessed that.

For a board of libertarians and social liberals, this place has it's share of people with authoritarian fantasies. :P
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Considering that..... hmm..... anyone here want to be a glorious defender of Armand Giuseppe and his New Order? :twisted:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

And now I realize I have to rewrite the scene at the beginning of the thread anyway, because I forgot about the size of neurohelmets. The neurohelmet would have deflected the debris that killed the warrior. Damn.

Hmm........

*begins thinking*

Patrick Ogaard
Jedi Master

Post by Patrick Ogaard »

Steve wrote:And now I realize I have to rewrite the scene at the beginning of the thread anyway, because I forgot about the size of neurohelmets. The neurohelmet would have deflected the debris that killed the warrior. Damn.

Hmm........

*begins thinking*
The Clan mechwarriors have access to much more compact neurohelmets than their Inner Sphere counterparts, so it really isn't that big a problem.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Patrick Ogaard wrote:
Steve wrote:And now I realize I have to rewrite the scene at the beginning of the thread anyway, because I forgot about the size of neurohelmets. The neurohelmet would have deflected the debris that killed the warrior. Damn.

Hmm........

*begins thinking*
The Clan mechwarriors have access to much more compact neurohelmets than their Inner Sphere counterparts, so it really isn't that big a problem.
Yes, but I've seen the Blood Spirit helmet, and it covers the neck. I think the difference in bulk is that it doesn't cover the shoulders nor the chest and back quite so much.