Anyone here play magic?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Sliver Deck vs Sliver Deck really comes down to luck of the draw and support cards. If someone goes sliver happy in their deck and the other includes other cards such as overrun, knighthood, or ramosian rally and suddenly they have the upper hand.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

LadyTevar wrote:
aphexmonster wrote:They're deffinitly hella horny for slivers -_- ... they want someone to make a tournament winning sliver deck, but nobody wants to touch them with a 10 foot pool...
I'll use them. :twisted: :twisted:

And I'll win with them... especially when I can bring out Silver Queen.
No.

Sliver decks can only operate mediocrely in the T1 scene. Most of the deck builds popular will eat them for breakfast.

And for T2, well... Sliver Queen isn't T2 legal. :P

They only brought back Slivers to try to butter up us old players and make us feel happy so we wouldn't care about the crappy new card layouts they're having now. Whoops, I still care.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

They are trying to make the cards appeal more to children. I.E. The new lay out looking like yugioh... new creature effects that rip off yugioh to bring in more players from other card games, and the first attempt; Foil cards.
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Foil cards, in my opinion, are not a lure for younger players. I mean, most of the DCI promo cards are foils of older cards these days. Foil cards just look cooler than normal cards to many people.

Damnit, I know this guy who got a DCI Foil BALL LIGHTNING, and he'll give it to anybody... for $75 dollars! Torture! I want it so bad.....
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

You really like your ball lightning dont you ?
-monster
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I LOVE it when I open up a recently bought pack and find a nice expensive foil card, because no doubt there is some idiot in my school that is willing to pay big bucks for said foil card. CHA CHING!
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Foil cards, in my opinion, are not a lure for younger players. I mean, most of the DCI promo cards are foils of older cards these days. Foil cards just look cooler than normal cards to many people.

Damnit, I know this guy who got a DCI Foil BALL LIGHTNING, and he'll give it to anybody... for $75 dollars! Torture! I want it so bad.....
A friend of mine has been trying to get my Blistering Firecat for about 2 months now...I may just because I'm not doing it any good in my deck.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Yes... Love those red blitz decks. I remember an invasion card... Something along the lines of skizzap or something like that. Might want to consider adding that to your deck too.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I still like this little store that has packs of Chronicles still for sale. Got my second Elder Dragon Legend from him, Palladia-Mors. I already had a Chromium. My favorite decks are still the ones that mess with the opponent's hand and deck, though. Hymn to Tourach, Capsize, Twiddle, Nevinyrral's Disk, Jester's Mask, Bazaar of the Bizarre...My favorite was when I had an opponent playing a Blue-White deck. I cast Curse of Marit Lage, triggered the Mask, and gave him a hand of seven Blue cards. That's the fastest I've ever seen a deck come to a screeching halt. Particularly when I had a Gemstone Mine and three Portents. Took him ten turns to finally get a white card in his hand.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Reccoursion decks are my personal favorite ...

that and cadaverous bloom was kinda nice
-monster
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Exonerate wrote:Yes... Love those red blitz decks. I remember an invasion card... Something along the lines of skizzap or something like that. Might want to consider adding that to your deck too.
There was one red card I adored, but I can't find it anymore. I had all I owed in the various decks that were stolen...

Red card, 1R. Two damage to target creature or player. If there are any copies of this card in your graveyard, add 1 damage for every card in the graveyard.

Anyone remember the name of that card? :(
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

LadyTevar wrote:
Exonerate wrote:Yes... Love those red blitz decks. I remember an invasion card... Something along the lines of skizzap or something like that. Might want to consider adding that to your deck too.
There was one red card I adored, but I can't find it anymore. I had all I owed in the various decks that were stolen...

Red card, 1R. Two damage to target creature or player. If there are any copies of this card in your graveyard, add 1 damage for every card in the graveyard.

Anyone remember the name of that card? :(
Kindle.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Or flame burst...
-monster
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

aphexmonster wrote:You really like your ball lightning dont you ?
Who doesn't like Ball Lightning?

Oh, and Flame Burst reads "In all graveyards". Kindle is just in your graveyard. I still prefer Kindle over Flame Burst, as burn decks rarely get played against each other, and Kindle is a cooler sounding/looking card. :)
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

aren't you the t2 guy anyway ?.... Kindle is banned in T2 ...
-monster
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I'm a T2 guy, sure, but I know the old classics, and I still like putting together TX decks for group game fun... besides, what sort of Magic player would I be without a Sligh burn deck? :P (Only 3 Ball Lightnings, 1 Fork, and 1 Chain Lightning, then I have the whole deck build! Woot.)
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I'm a T2 guy, sure, but I know the old classics, and I still like putting together TX decks for group game fun... besides, what sort of Magic player would I be without a Sligh burn deck? :P (Only 3 Ball Lightnings, 1 Fork, and 1 Chain Lightning, then I have the whole deck build! Woot.)

yummy :D ....

Some cards are whored out ( fork... ) but they're way too awesome ... waaaaay too awesome ...

PS .. berserk is no longer restricted in T1 ;)
-monster