What is your Favorite Command And Conquer Game?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

What is your Favorite Command And Conquer Game?

The Classic Command and Conquer, Tiberian Dawn
17%
C & C Red Alert(includes expantions)
36%
C & C Tiberian Sun(includes Expantion)
5%
C & C Red Alert II
21%
C & C Yuri's Revenge
12%
C & C Renegade
No votes
C & C Generals
10%

Total votes: 42

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The original Red Alert is overwhelmingly my favorite, even if I can now beat both campaigns on hard in less then three days.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:Who here has found the secret Dinosaur missions in C&C?
Checked a gameboard:

First you have to have "The Covert Operation" expansion disk, then you enter MS-DOS mode, go into the game directory and type c&c95 funpark
Really? You fight dinosaurs in one of the RA2 expansion pack missions…
In C&C there are a series of hidden Jurrasic Park mission that you can play and all of the enemies are Dinosaurs! Its hard.
Last edited by Isolder74 on 2003-04-21 01:47am, edited 1 time in total.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Isolder74 wrote:
Coaan wrote:Ra2 for sure....especially with the expansion....I don't know why everyone thinks Yuri is so hard though...

Can we say...snipers?

:D

The British handed yuri his ass on a plate
But they get mind controled at the start!

at least the single player campain
In mutli-player Yuri can do alot of damage very quickly but his harvesting units are the easiest to shut down, just place a sniper near the or field and he shoots the slaves
We were playing the same game right?...snipers have a longer range than yuri units when they get even one promotion...the british are one of the nations you free first too, I specifically remember at least several missions where you can activly recruit snipers...

In multi player, it's even funnier...what's the first thing you build when the british?...your barracks and other required building...by the time he's pumping out mind controller death...you've already got the hills lined with psg-1's and a dead aim... :twisted:
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Tiberian Sun was crap. NOD Subterranian APC, game over GDI.
Concrete paving is your friend. When I'm playing GDI I pave my entire base and wall off the contruction yards(s). The subterranian APC's can't get through the concrete and have to surface outside my base where they're quickly reduced to scrap by my Hover MLRS patrols.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

aerius wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Tiberian Sun was crap. NOD Subterranian APC, game over GDI.
Concrete paving is your friend. When I'm playing GDI I pave my entire base and wall off the contruction yards(s). The subterranian APC's can't get through the concrete and have to surface outside my base where they're quickly reduced to scrap by my Hover MLRS patrols.
Indeed, and I also try to pave every area I'm building on before hand, that way if a structure is destroy the APC's can't come up from its former foot print. Combine that with a nice wall along sides I don't need to get in and out of, walls around key structures and some RPG turrets, and I never need to worry about the things.

The Firestorms its even easier, my sensor arrays and mobile EMP's quite often force the things to the surface.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

That forcefield generator that Gdi had in firestorm I think it was.....it was goddamned amazing if you needed instant protection...You could be sure nothing was getting out....but in a time when you really needed it, nothing was getting in either...usually it made sense to have a second wall around your construction yard incase they got creative and the wall was breached at all...the last line of defense while the ion cannon positions itself...

:twisted:
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Firestorm generator could be built in TB and Firestorm. I never found it that useful except on a few multiplayer maps. The money was better spent on units or active defences, and the structure build time it took up was much better spent adding another five refineries.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Huh...different playing styles I guess...even though the recharge time on it was rediculous, it was reassuring to have that level of 'Oh your not fucking getting in here' defence...more often than not, it paid for itself
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Coaan wrote:Huh...different playing styles I guess...even though the recharge time on it was rediculous, it was reassuring to have that level of 'Oh your not fucking getting in here' defence...more often than not, it paid for itself
I Only use the Firestorm walls as sort of super walls in between my walls. I place it in between 2 lines of walls and have 3 gates at all entrances. I only put it up after I have built a good defence force and patrol squadron. I find blowing up bridges to be a very nasty defencive move. i have units in position to suicide themselve killing the bridge with the enemy on it. slows them down for a minute or two.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Isolder74 wrote:
Coaan wrote:Huh...different playing styles I guess...even though the recharge time on it was rediculous, it was reassuring to have that level of 'Oh your not fucking getting in here' defence...more often than not, it paid for itself
I Only use the Firestorm walls as sort of super walls in between my walls. I place it in between 2 lines of walls and have 3 gates at all entrances. I only put it up after I have built a good defence force and patrol squadron. I find blowing up bridges to be a very nasty defencive move. i have units in position to suicide themselve killing the bridge with the enemy on it. slows them down for a minute or two.
Every little helps when firey death is being brought down upon you I say....when working in unison with the ion cannon, the firestorm walls can be deadly for holding an enemy in place while you fire up 'ol faithful